Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #796
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyforDisney3 View Post

1) Mascara - I have not worn it in years because all it ever does is make my eye lashes clump together and stick straight out (even with a curler). Would this Lash Injection stuff help me? Were can I buy it? I don't have a Ulta or Sephora near me - just Macy's and Belk.
I have some mascara questions too. I have weird eyelashes. I have to spend quite a bit of time curling them. They can tend to go out in funny directions. They can also stick straight out like goofyfordisney said. I think if the mascara is too heavy it almost weighs them down. Sometimes I get them curled very well and then I apply mascara and they go back down and stick straight out again. Sometimes the almost get curly in some spots and go all funny. Has anyone with weird eyelashes used the lash injection? How does it work for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
We'll all be Monistat Faces.

LOLOLOL! Vagisil - extra strength. Xena - if theyre punking you, theyre punking me too. Ive had this stuff on my face for 2 days.

No, you know what it is (the personality change) it's because we are so HAPPY and feel so FREE from having to check our makeup! We have become light hearted women, from such.

XENA - My 3 g/f's asked me the same thing (cuz theyre not on Facebook, or DIS) The one asked "Is this for real, or is this a joke email?"

She stopped on her way home at Target for some.... AND ***NEWSFLASH EVERYONE*** Target has the Monistat for $4.34 on sale (at least in Indianapolis it is)

You are SO funny!!!!

**Ha Ha Ha! We got you Xena!! You put Monistat on your face! Neener neener neener!!!**

I havent tried it - but I really really love my Everyday Minerals. I think they now have a pressed one, too.

[B] Happy Hump Day everyone!!! Half way through the work week! YAY!!!

And day 2 of Monistat face!!!
This whole thing is so funny! I am just at my computer laughing all day!

Quote:
LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay - off to change the thread name a smidge....
The thread name! OMG!

Old 03-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #797
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyforDisney3 View Post
:

1) Mascara - I have not worn it in years because all it ever does is make my eye lashes clump together and stick straight out (even with a curler). Would this Lash Injection stuff help me? Were can I buy it? I don't have a Ulta or Sephora near me - just Macy's and Belk.

I'm sorry if this is a double post, but I posted a minute ago and my post doesn't seem to be on here???

I also want to talk about mascara. I have really weird eyelashes. I have to spend a lot of time curling them and even then they can be all weird. Sometimes they stick out in funny directions. Sometimes they stick straight out. I think some mascaras can weigh them down. Has anyone with "weird" eyelashes tried the lash injection and if so how did it go for you?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #798
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Of course now my first post is there. Sorry! Well hopefully it will get a good mascara/eyelashes-with-problems discussion going!

Old 03-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #799
KimR
DIS Veteran
Needs to lay off the Murder Mysteries before Dental Appointments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec5girl View Post
I have some mascara questions too. I have weird eyelashes. I have to spend quite a bit of time curling them. They can tend to go out in funny directions. They can also stick straight out like goofyfordisney said. I think if the mascara is too heavy it almost weighs them down. Sometimes I get them curled very well and then I apply mascara and they go back down and stick straight out again. Sometimes the almost get curly in some spots and go all funny. Has anyone with weird eyelashes used the lash injection? How does it work for you?
My lashes are very thin and skimpy. I use the Lash Injection and curl my lashes with a heated curler AFTER applying mascara. You do have to be very careful when removing the curler because sometimes it sticks - just be very patient and slowly try to remove it. Also, sometimes this will cause my mascara to clump in which case I very carefully separate with a bobby pin or safety pin. I have noticed that the Lash Injection does tend to make my lashes stick out more so than other mascaras, but when I curl them, they look fantastic.

I tried layering the lash injection like a few posters on here mentioned and it didn't work for me. I wound up with a clumpy mess. So then I tried layering with Fatale first (over a primer), then the Lash Injection, curled them, and - WOW!!! I couldn't believe those were my lashes! Where did they all come from??

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #800
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimR View Post
My lashes are very thin and skimpy. I use the Lash Injection and curl my lashes with a heated curler AFTER applying mascara. You do have to be very careful when removing the curler because sometimes it sticks - just be very patient and slowly try to remove it. Also, sometimes this will cause my mascara to clump in which case I very carefully separate with a bobby pin or safety pin. I have noticed that the Lash Injection does tend to make my lashes stick out more so than other mascaras, but when I curl them, they look fantastic.

I tried layering the lash injection like a few posters on here mentioned and it didn't work for me. I wound up with a clumpy mess. So then I tried layering with Fatale first (over a primer), then the Lash Injection, curled them, and - WOW!!! I couldn't believe those were my lashes! Where did they all come from??
I have never heard of a heated curler. I have a never-curl-after-mascara rule due to extreme clumping! What is the Fatale? Another brand of mascara?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #801
KimR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have never heard of a heated curler. I have a never-curl-after-mascara rule due to extreme clumping! What is the Fatale? Another brand of mascara?
I use just a regular eyelash curler that I either heat with a blow dryer or stick it in my hot rollers for a few minutes. I do have to de-clump sometimes, but honestly, with my lashes this is the only way to get mine to curl at all. Otherwise, they'd go straight as soon as I apply mascara.

Fatale is a brand of mascara by Lancome. It is difficult to apply, but I get fantastic results, especially when I pair it with the Lash Injection.

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #802
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

Quote:

A safety pin! The way my hands shake, I'd blind myself trying to do something like that.

My lashes are weird too. Thin and sparse. The lower left ones have a gap in them because a few are missing.

I can't remember where I read this, but I saw somewhere that older women should use a lengthening mascara and younger ones a volume mascara, so I tried a lengthening one and I don't like how it looks at all. I think I'll go back to one of my cheapo volume mascaras.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #803
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

To those of you with funky lash issues....

This might seem like a dumb question, but are you starting your mascara application "on the top" - if you will, and then once you get enough on, working it up into place, as it dries?

I have straight lashes, and have never had to do anything but the ^^^above^^^ and they turn out okay.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #804
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

My one g/f sent me an email - replying to my one yesterday.

She ran to the store at lunch, all she wrote was:

I got some salami, cheese, air freshener, skinny water and MONISTAT! Woo!

Old 03-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #805
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

Quote:
To those of you with funky lash issues....

This might seem like a dumb question, but are you starting your mascara application "on the top" - if you will, and then once you get enough on, working it up into place, as it dries?

I have straight lashes, and have never had to do anything but the ^^^above^^^ and they turn out okay.
I don't understand what you're asking.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #806
Epcot luvr
Mouseketeer

Monistat

I have been lurking around here, excellent tips.
I was very interested in the monistat tip. I happened to notice on the label of my Aveda light elements smoothing fluid, pretty much the same ingredients. I am going to give it a try just because it is on hand.
I have loved finding out about makeup alley have shared that with several friends, and the makeup tutorials on youtube.
Thanks!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #807
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyMushy View Post
Me either, I'm lost!

Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #808
KimR
DIS Veteran

Cat, I don't understand what you're talking about with the mascara, either. Please elaborate!

Also, I tried the Matrix root lifter and I love it!!! It makes my hair look so FULL - even my DD noticed the difference. I do have one question, though, for Cat. Can I use this stuff when I get my extensions? Because if so, my hair is going to look fantastic (and I always thought that was an oxymoron!).

Just the basics:
Old 03-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #809
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

what is the monistat trick?
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #810
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyMushy View Post
Quote:
Me either, I'm lost!
Quote:
Cat, I don't understand what you're talking about with the mascara, either. Please elaborate!

Also, I tried the Matrix root lifter and I love it!!! It makes my hair look so FULL - even my DD noticed the difference. I do have one question, though, for Cat. Can I use this stuff when I get my extensions? Because if so, my hair is going to look fantastic (and I always thought that was an oxymoron!).
MASCARA - When youre applying it, on your top lashes, your applying on the top first (on the lid side), like down - down - down, and sweeping it up as you do so. Then - once you have enough on there, you begin sweeping and working them upwards (on the eyeball underside) And moving them into place... they begin to dry at this point and you can finagle them upwards much easier.

Does that make sense?

The root lifter.... you wont need it. Trust me. Besides, the less product you use on them, the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcot luvr View Post
I have been lurking around here, excellent tips.
I was very interested in the monistat tip. I happened to notice on the label of my Aveda light elements smoothing fluid, pretty much the same ingredients. I am going to give it a try just because it is on hand.
I have loved finding out about makeup alley have shared that with several friends, and the makeup tutorials on youtube.
Thanks!
Hi! let us know what you think of being a Monistat face, too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: