Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #781
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
Awesome. Good. I was wondering what happened. Yay!

Xena!! I posted it on Facebook, too!
Cause you know I read your Facebook and that would make it easier to Punk me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
I got three more tubes because I think when this gets out it is going to be in very short supply. Just look at how many views this thread has. We have maybe 750 posts but there are over 13,000 views! I was very hot today. My desk is by the sunny side of the school and the window is right behind me. It is sooooooooooo hot and I figured by the end of the day my make up would be sweated off. It was not. It looked great INCLUDING my eye shadow. I used the monostat on my lids because the ingredients were the same as Shadow Insurance.

I am loving it.
Look at that, you are even trying to get me to put yeast infection medication on my eyes! Can anyone say Candid Camera?

Old 03-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #782
DizBelle
CSI: Can't Stand Idiots
Slimy yet satisfying?

Has anyone tried Pur Minerals makeup?

I have and I think I like it better than BE. It seems to have more and smoother coverage. However it has more coverage than I like.

But, if any ladies out there really like mineral makeup but would prefer it in a pressed format, I suggest you give it a try.

Veni, vidi, Visa (I came, I saw, I shopped)
====================================

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #783
GoofyforDisney3
DIS Veteran

I am really loving this thread. I normally just lurk, been posting some on the AI thread and found this gem. I must say I feel like I am being taught by the goddesses of makeup and hair here.

As a teen and young adult I would not even leave the house (or even go to the pool) without makeup. But the older I got, the less I wore because something must happen with you skin when you get older and I couldn't stand to wear foundation. It made my skin crawl. Then a couple of years ago I found BE and have gradually gotten back into the makeup thing.

A couple of questions - I have read just about this entire thread the last couple of days and need some more help/guidance -

1) Mascara - I have not worn it in years because all it ever does is make my eye lashes clump together and stick straight out (even with a curler). Would this Lash Injection stuff help me? Were can I buy it? I don't have a Ulta or Sephora near me - just Macy's and Belk.

2) Eye liner - tried BE with the wear ever and while I like it, I'm not loving the time it takes to mix every morning. I like that I don't have any eye liner "circle" under my eye at the end of the day, but if you don't get it mixed just right you have it flaking or you have to layer it to get it dark enough and not watery looking. What do you all recommend?

3) I like the Prime Time from BE. Don't love the price. Anyone know if the monistat stuff is similar in that it won't irritate my skin? I'm willing to try it.

4) The only thing I don't like about the BE is under my eyes it starts to look cakey and dry looking. I want to have more dewey look there, but don't know what to use. I do have pretty dark circles, which the well rested and foundation cover pretty well, just makes it dry looking.

5) Has anyone else tried Beauty Control skin cleanser lines? I just got some and have only used them once and would love some opinions.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:52 AM   #784
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyzgurl View Post
Man I can see my that if I keep reading this thread I'm going to have to go out and get some monistat....my makeup seems to disappear by early afternoon so hopefully it'll help. I should get my sephora order tomorrow..woohooo!
We'll all be Monistat Faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
If we were going to do something like that we would pick a really funny substance like maybe Vagisil or manure I am laughing so hard I am snorting right now. It must be I am tired OR maybe the Monostat causes personality chages.

Serioulsy It is really, really great.Go back a few pages and find the article from Beauty Buzz if it makes you feel better.
LOLOLOL! Vagisil - extra strength. Xena - if theyre punking you, theyre punking me too. Ive had this stuff on my face for 2 days.

No, you know what it is (the personality change) it's because we are so HAPPY and feel so FREE from having to check our makeup! We have become light hearted women, from such.

XENA - My 3 g/f's asked me the same thing (cuz theyre not on Facebook, or DIS) The one asked "Is this for real, or is this a joke email?"

She stopped on her way home at Target for some.... AND ***NEWSFLASH EVERYONE*** Target has the Monistat for $4.34 on sale (at least in Indianapolis it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec5girl View Post
Cause you know I read your Facebook and that would make it easier to Punk me!

Look at that, you are even trying to get me to put yeast infection medication on my eyes! Can anyone say Candid Camera?

You are SO funny!!!!

**Ha Ha Ha! We got you Xena!! You put Monistat on your face! Neener neener neener!!!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfontaine View Post
Has anyone tried Pur Minerals makeup?

I have and I think I like it better than BE. It seems to have more and smoother coverage. However it has more coverage than I like.

But, if any ladies out there really like mineral makeup but would prefer it in a pressed format, I suggest you give it a try.
I havent tried it - but I really really love my Everyday Minerals. I think they now have a pressed one, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyforDisney3 View Post

1) Mascara - I have not worn it in years because all it ever does is make my eye lashes clump together and stick straight out (even with a curler). Would this Lash Injection stuff help me? Were can I buy it? I don't have a Ulta or Sephora near me - just Macy's and Belk.

Macy's should have it. I know Nordstroms carries Too Faced. Call either one of them, and ask them if they carry Too Faced.

Your best bet is to just try it out. I can get WAY more curl, and if you want the honest truth - this mascara is hard to get used to, and you may clump at first, but you'll learn how to get it right.

Order from BeautyCrunch.... it's cheaper.

2) Eye liner - tried BE with the wear ever and while I like it, I'm not loving the time it takes to mix every morning. I like that I don't have any eye liner "circle" under my eye at the end of the day, but if you don't get it mixed just right you have it flaking or you have to layer it to get it dark enough and not watery looking. What do you all recommend?

Have you tried liquid liner (like MAC's, or Stila's)? If you can manage to put on that stuff you have to mix, you'd have no problems with it AND it does NOT flake and it's very pigmented so no worries about building up the color.

3) I like the Prime Time from BE. Don't love the price. Anyone know if the monistat stuff is similar in that it won't irritate my skin? I'm willing to try it.

Check the ingredients.... does it have dimethicone? Is that stuff a makeup primer? If so...then YES!

4) The only thing I don't like about the BE is under my eyes it starts to look cakey and dry looking. I want to have more dewey look there, but don't know what to use. I do have pretty dark circles, which the well rested and foundation cover pretty well, just makes it dry looking.

[B] I wonder if a good primer would eliminate this? Anyone know?

I (thankfully) don't have this problem. I know my one g/f struggles with under eye circles so bad. She has searched for years for something perfect - but has still yet to find it.

I posted a ways back - Ive always read wonderful thing about that YSL Touch Eclat one. Have you tried that?

5) Has anyone else tried Beauty Control skin cleanser lines? I just got some and have only used them once and would love some opinions.

[B] I have not.
[B] Happy Hump Day everyone!!! Half way through the work week! YAY!!!

And day 2 of Monistat face!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:02 AM   #785
scrappinmom
Still Tagless.......

Another monistat face here ! I just finished putting my makeup on! Although I don't have a whole lot to do today....I do have a busy evening...so we'll see how it holds up...

Plus...I get to go to WDW in 2 days so I can see if it holds up there

Old 03-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #786
KimR
DIS Veteran
Needs to lay off the Murder Mysteries before Dental Appointments!

OK, you guys have convinced me. I'm going today to try to find some Monistat. I just have this aversion to putting anything on my face that is not intended for faces. But if this stuff works as well as you all claim, I'm going to try it - I just hope I can find it at Walgreen's.

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #787
DizBelle
CSI: Can't Stand Idiots
Slimy yet satisfying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimR View Post
OK, you guys have convinced me. I'm going today to try to find some Monistat. I just have this aversion to putting anything on my face that is not intended for faces. But if this stuff works as well as you all claim, I'm going to try it - I just hope I can find it at Walgreen's.
I couldn't find it at my Walgreen's yesterday. I'll be stopping by CVS today and hoping for better luck.

Veni, vidi, Visa (I came, I saw, I shopped)

Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #788
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

ok I'm part of the monistate face ladies

I am using for the first time today,I have to admit that my make up went on very quickly and nice and even. made me feel very nice

I think I'm going to like this stuff

I will update you guys later on how it went.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:59 AM   #789
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinmom View Post
Plus...I get to go to WDW in 2 days so I can see if it holds up there

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay - off to change the thread name a smidge....
Old 03-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #790
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Im still looking for great links to post on POST 1 - anything you think could come in handy for people.

The monistat one is good - I can add that. How about Beauty crunch...
Old 03-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #791
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

CR the tittle is cracking me up

Old 03-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #792
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I only make exceptions for chocolate Mickey heads
I'm a big pie freak
I'll always laugh myself silly over the flag pole incident.

Alright I just had to stick my nose in here because I saw Cat's post about Monistat on Facebook.

WTH!!! My questions -- what does it feel like on your face? Personally, I prefer to only wear a moisturizer and blush. Sometimes I wear a mineral foundation. I just hate the feel of a lot of gunk on my face.

Also, can you wear it alone without the foundation? Will it make your face look smoother?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #793
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyMushy View Post
Alright I just had to stick my nose in here because I saw Cat's post about Monistat on Facebook.

WTH!!! My questions -- what does it feel like on your face? Personally, I prefer to only wear a moisturizer and blush. Sometimes I wear a mineral foundation. I just hate the feel of a lot of gunk on my face.

Also, can you wear it alone without the foundation? Will it make your face look smoother?
Yes. It's actually a little ridiculous, quite frankly. I cant believe I have survived without this for so long. Well, not really....but you catch my drift.

I put it on the back of one hand the 1st night I got it, and was just in awe. My hand looked smooth and supple. It was ODD!

PLUS Marcia - it's got a 'mattifying' effect. So you'll stay semi-shine free, all day - as well. Your blush will just glide on. It doesnt feel sticky, or yucky, or anything.... it doesnt feel like you have anything on - it's just smooth.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #794
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I'm a big pie freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
Yes. It's actually a little ridiculous, quite frankly. I cant believe I have survived without this for so long. Well, not really....but you catch my drift.

I put it on the back of one hand the 1st night I got it, and was just in awe. My hand looked smooth and supple. It was ODD!

PLUS Marcia - it's got a 'mattifying' effect. So you'll stay semi-shine free, all day - as well. Your blush will just glide on. It doesnt feel sticky, or yucky, or anything.... it doesnt feel like you have anything on - it's just smooth.
Well, I'm going to our Walmart grand opening so I'll see if I can find some. I'll let you know how I like it!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #795
MushyMushy
Marseeya Here!
Drama Magnet
I'm a big pie freak

Double post!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: