Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #3646
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

I have a wrinkle by my mouth .....it like sprang up over night even though I use a Tanda AND micro current zapper. Anyway does anyone know of any fillers that I can use under my make up? I know I had something before in a tube but do not remember what it was or who made it.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #3647
minnie1012
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
To those who tried the Garnier BB cream and thought it made your face shiny...they now make an oil free formula so I bought it. UGH!!!!!! I hated it so much I returned it. It comes in a tube like the other but it is so thin and liquidy--it is like a liquid foundation but in a TUBE. Terrible packaging and I tried it several times (applying with fingers, sponge and foundation brush) all with terrible results.

I have MUCH better luck with the L'Oreal BB cream. it really goes on nice and smooth and I do not get as oily--sometimes not oily at all.

I use these because I break out when I use anything with dimethicone (or any type of "cone")--tiny, pin sized whiteheads--they'll be on my skin within hours of using it and always by the end of the day. They do not last--they'll be gone by the next day (thankfully). This is found in most primers, moisturizers, lotions and lots of foundations and powders. I think it is some kind of bonding agent. It makes the skin velvety which is what is so nice about a primer but my skin can't take it.

Just thought I'd report back on the new OIL FREE BB cream by Garnier.
Garnier oil free is the only BB cream I ever purchased. What are the other ones like? Do they go on more like a moisturizer?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #3648
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

It Cosmetics has a new CC cream out but it's a QVC exclusive, so I can't use my pro discount on it. I really want to try it though.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #3649
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

I bought the L'Oreal BB Cream. I totally misunderstood. I thought it had foundation in it too. I was shocked when I saw that it was white!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Old 04-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #3650
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie1012 View Post
Garnier oil free is the only BB cream I ever purchased. What are the other ones like? Do they go on more like a moisturizer?
The Garnier and L'Oreal ones are very similar in consistancy. More creamy than liquid (like the Garnier Oil free). They were both moisturizing enough that I could get away w/o a moisturizer under them when I was hunting a moisturizer w/o dimethicone (or any "cone") in them. The L'Oreal Youth Code BB is much less oily than the Garnier. I was very surprised at the difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
I bought the L'Oreal BB Cream. I totally misunderstood. I thought it had foundation in it too. I was shocked when I saw that it was white!
Did it match your skin tone after applying? Almay makes a tinted moisturizer like that. It always matched me pretty good--and then it broke me out.

L'Oreal's Youth Code BB is not white.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Old 04-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #3651
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

loreal youth code is the first bb I have ever bought. I really like it, I think it can be a summer foundation or a run to the store foundation, but not everyday. I like the formula and the color did match great (medium)
Old 04-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #3652
Bella the Ball 360

Peter Thomas Roth FX has been featured on QVC this week....anyone use it. I bought it a few years ago and hated but now it is supposed to be a new formulation. Supposedly Dr. Oz uses it before he goes on stage. If you use it, let me know how you like it. I am such a push over for this stuff.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #3653
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

just signed up for ipsy and julep maven box programs this week, will report back!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #3654
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
Peter Thomas Roth FX has been featured on QVC this week....anyone use it. I bought it a few years ago and hated but now it is supposed to be a new formulation. Supposedly Dr. Oz uses it before he goes on stage. If you use it, let me know how you like it. I am such a push over for this stuff.
My rule of thumb is to avoid things Dr. Oz endorses. He's like a snake oil salesman.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #3655
tryplm
Mouseketeer

Hi all! Another makeup junkie here! I'm a fan of pretty much anything made by UD or Too Faced. To the PP asking about BB cream, I love Naked BB cream by UD. Its perfect for when I don't want a heavy foundation, and the tint is just right. I absolutely can't stand the one made by Garnier- my face would've been less greasy if I'd stuck it in a deep fryer.

For a setting spray, I use UD DeSlick or All Nighter. Love them both!!

Ipsy is wonderful. I used to do it & Birchbox, but had too many disappointing boxes with Birchbox. I'm not a big polish girl, so I never got into Julep. I prefer to be acryliced & shellaced, LOL.

2010- Sports 2012- CBR 2013- POP2013- CBR
]
Old 04-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #3656
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

I was looking at the Clinique CC cream. Any reviews?
Old 04-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #3657
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
My rule of thumb is to avoid things Dr. Oz endorses. He's like a snake oil salesman.
bummer!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #3658
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
bummer!
But that doesn't mean you won't love it! I don't think I will ever find my perfect skincare routine. There's just so many products out there to try.

I am super bummed. I ordered a Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua compact last week. It was due to be delivered today. I got an email notification while I was at work that it was delivered so I was super excited to come home and see it. No package to be found! I contacted Neiman's and they are going to replace it but it takes up to two weeks to receive the replacement. I hate being inconvenienced because others are dishonest.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #3659
corgi_monster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
I was looking at the Clinique CC cream. Any reviews?
I love my Clinique BB cream! It's creamy (sits in a pile on your finger instead of running off like a liquid would) and has more coverage than I thought it would. The only other BB cream I've tried is by a Korean company called Etude House and that one was chalky.

The only downside to the Clinque BB cream is that it's heavy for a BB cream. It feels more like a foundation than a moisturizer. If I accidentally fall asleep without washing my face I will break out a bit. I was hoping that all those magical antioxidants would improve my skin overnight
March 2014 - Paris Disneyland Resort, Sept 2012 - Tokyo Disney Resort, Jan '12 - WDW, July '10 Disneyland, May '10 Tokyo Disney Resort, Aug '09 - Disneyland, June '08 Disneyland, Dec '07 - WDW, Sept '07 - WDW, Jan '07 - Disneyland, Sept. '06 - WDW Feb. '06 - Disneyland, Sept. '05 - Hong Kong DL, and many, many prior trips to DL!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #3660
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
But that doesn't mean you won't love it! I don't think I will ever find my perfect skincare routine. There's just so many products out there to try.

I am super bummed. I ordered a Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua compact last week. It was due to be delivered today. I got an email notification while I was at work that it was delivered so I was super excited to come home and see it. No package to be found! I contacted Neiman's and they are going to replace it but it takes up to two weeks to receive the replacement. I hate being inconvenienced because others are dishonest.
This happened to me so many times a year and a half ago. I ended up having to go for a hearing because we knew who took the packages but he never showed. I dropped the charges because he was wanted in another city and I did not wnat to have to go to court and face him b/c he was a psycho!

Anyway, what my FedEx guy did one day (all the package guys know me lol) was go on my back porch and take a rug, hang it over the railing on my porch so it looked like it was just airing out and hid the package under it. That is what I do now and all the guys know it. The thing is you are lucky because some places gave me a hassle when my packages were missing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: