Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #3616
Briarmom
Bessie Robindale
Larry's been done. Laird is refreshing!
I always thought it was my farsighted left eye that did me in
Knows about bone folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Thought I could come here. You guys are all beauty gurus. I bought facial wax, and waxed my face about 3 weeks ago? Now, 3 weeks later, I have a horrible breakout on my jaw and chin.

I'm thinking it can't be the wax? I have recently stopped birth control pills, and have noticed more pimples, as well as other hormonal crazies.

How long should it take for this to clear up? Should I avoid wearing makeup? I usually use Monistat as a primer, and then bare minerals.

Do you guys recommend any cheap cheap drugstore foundations for ok coverage? I want to try something liquid.
It might be that you are getting your growth back...some ingrowns? Are they painful?

I would recommend that you exfoliate well. If you have a clarisonic, use it twice a day.

I'll let the makeup gurus answer the foundation questions.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #3617
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarmom View Post
It might be that you are getting your growth back...some ingrowns? Are they painful?

I would recommend that you exfoliate well. If you have a clarisonic, use it twice a day.

I'll let the makeup gurus answer the foundation questions.
Hmm could be that, but they are bumps with a few I can possibly pop. Not sure if that is ingrowns? If so, how do you prevent those?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #3618
Briarmom
Bessie Robindale
Knows about bone folders

Quote:
Hmm could be that, but they are bumps with a few I can possibly pop. Not sure if that is ingrowns? If so, how do you prevent those?
I'm sure people here know more than I do, but exfoliation is key for me. Even for leg waxing or the like, I use an exfoliating bar of soap.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #3619
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
Where can you buy monostat? I have checked my supermarket drug section and can not find it.
Walmart sells it in the personal care section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
That's wht I did. I was on the Kathie lee & hoda ambush makeover a few weeks ago.
Looked great that day, but they didn't show you how or what products to use for make up or hair.
I went to Ulta and the salesgirl was very helpful. I told her I didn't want to spend a fortune so she picked a L'Oreal true match and Physician's Formula bronzer. Still don't wear for the eyes and lips.
Are you going to keep the new look? You could run some Paul Mitchell skinny serum through your hair before drying it. I don't think it really would need much other product. An amazing look!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Old 03-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #3620
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarmom View Post
I'm sure people here know more than I do, but exfoliation is key for me. Even for leg waxing or the like, I use an exfoliating bar of soap.
I'll have to invest! The biggest pimple is almost all the way down my neck, where I know didn't wax. So painful. I did have a small breakout in that area before I waxed, so thats why I thought it might be that.

Its so tough trying to be decent looking these days. Waxing, exfoliating, washing, moisturize, primer, makeup, etc etc.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #3621
Briarmom
Bessie Robindale
Knows about bone folders

Quote:
I'll have to invest! The biggest pimple is almost all the way down my neck, where I know didn't wax. So painful. I did have a small breakout in that area before I waxed, so thats why I thought it might be that.

Its so tough trying to be decent looking these days. Waxing, exfoliating, washing, moisturize, primer, makeup, etc etc.
I hear you. I had my eyebrows threaded yesterday and, per usual, I am broken out like crazy. Nothing helps. I have done everything and every time I thread I am stuck hiding away for a couple of days. It's *that* bad. My threader says she's never heard of it.

Anyone else have this issue? And yes, I exfoliate that area. It's not ingrowns. It's inflammation of the follicle. I'm at my wits end.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #3622
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

i got the rem spring.for my facial hair...after a week of use i am really happy! used it on my neck, chin and side of face so far regrowth hasnt been visual i just run the spring over it everyother day. i dont think it hurts, the worst is on upper lip hair but i know its working then. i was going backand forth between this and facial epilator so far im happy with this

http://www.amazon.com/R-E-M-Spring-F...rds=rem+spring
Old 03-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #3623
SueInBoston
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
i got the rem spring.for my facial hair...after a week of use i am really happy! used it on my neck, chin and side of face so far regrowth hasnt been visual i just run the spring over it everyother day. i dont think it hurts, the worst is on upper lip hair but i know its working then. i was going backand forth between this and facial epilator so far im happy with this
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
I remember reading about something like this and couldn't remember what it is exactly...glad you posted it!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #3624
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
Which Tarte mascara do you use? I need something new
The one in the purple snake skin case Lights Cameras Lashes but I use the primer that they make in the white tube first. It is great, does not smudge and comes off fairly easily. I was using "Yes theyre real" Benifit but I pretty much need to use a chisel to take it off.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #3625
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:

I am a make up fiend so you can imagine when my face broke out as a middle aged person who had beautiful skin it was horrible. If you have trouble go to a dermatologist. I resisited but it did help. I am on two prescriptions which work okay but stress and hormones are the key. Let me say I spent a fortune on tons of proactive type over the counter stuff and nothing worked.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #3626
Blue Skies
Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions - GK Chesterton

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie1012 View Post
I think its time for new undereye concealor! For the past month my husband keeps telling me how tired I look! LOL I am using the Garnier roller ball and also a Neutrogena one. I guess I need a better one! I have a sample of Erase Paste from Sephora and that seems to be better than what I am using but I was wondering has anyone tried that new Clinque one? I usually don't like Clinque but I heard good things about it. Any others that work well?
I haven't tried it yet... but Wayne (gossmakeupartist) was just raving about a new Nars one. Below is a link to his YT video about it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubNC4oCIz-M

Old 03-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #3627
minnie1012
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
I haven't tried it yet... but Wayne (gossmakeupartist) was just raving about a new Nars one. Below is a link to his YT video about it.....

Old 04-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #3628
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post

I love Goss. He is a great guy and has tons of great make up tips.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #3629
Bella the Ball 360

Has the Sephora Sale passed. I did not get any info this time and I have a ton of gift cards to spend.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #3630
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
Has the Sephora Sale passed. I did not get any info this time and I have a ton of gift cards to spend.
He's pretty dreamy too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: