Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #3601
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
That's wht I did. I was on the Kathie lee & hoda ambush makeover a few weeks ago.
Looked great that day, but they didn't show you how or what products to use for make up or hair.
I went to Ulta and the salesgirl was very helpful. I told her I didn't want to spend a fortune so she picked a L'Oreal true match and Physician's Formula bronzer. Still don't wear for the eyes and lips.
Wow you were on ambush make over! I bet it was fun. Too bad they do not give you lessons and products to use when you leave.

My son's GF works at Ulta and while they are nice, they are not make up artists and really get very little training. If you ever want to go for eyes and lips go to Sephora.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #3602
luvmyfam444
DIS Veteran

Is there a makeup out there that will stay ALL DAY??? I'm not sweating or anything - indoors.

I've been wearing Benefit Hello Flawless for a while now. I've used the powder & the foundation (not @ same time). Neither one stays on all day. After about 4 hrs it looks like I never bothered to put on anything.

I don't want to reapply my makeup (like ever would be good )

oh & while we are at it....your mascara& eyeliner rec would be great. I've been using cheap CG( I think) mascara but my eyeliner is Urban Decay waterproof which still manages to smear!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #3603
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyfam444 View Post
Is there a makeup out there that will stay ALL DAY??? I'm not sweating or anything - indoors.

I've been wearing Benefit Hello Flawless for a while now. I've used the powder & the foundation (not @ same time). Neither one stays on all day. After about 4 hrs it looks like I never bothered to put on anything.

I don't want to reapply my makeup (like ever would be good )

oh & while we are at it....your mascara& eyeliner rec would be great. I've been using cheap CG( I think) mascara but my eyeliner is Urban Decay waterproof which still manages to smear!
I use LORAC eyeliner and it does not smear I also use Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara and the pre treatment primer and it works great. AS to foundation, did you use a primer? Check out the first page of this thread..Monostat makes a great primer.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #3604
Bella the Ball 360

While I know we all pretty much hate ULTA this week begins their month of beauty. They have some really great deals and I think you can use the 3.50 coupon on the circular. Tarte mascara which I live is half price and if you get one and then take 3.50 off it comes to 6.50!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #3605
7165red
DIS Veteran

Where can you buy monostat? I have checked my supermarket drug section and can not find it.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #3606
7165red
DIS Veteran

Smile

[QUOTE=cassandrap83;46676929]I have never posted in this thread before, but just wanted to pop in to complain about the Bare Minerals Ready Foundation.

I've been a devout bare minerals user for over 12 years now, and was very excited to see that they came out with this pressed mineral foundation. I debated a long time before buying it because well, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but I broke down about 3 weeks ago and bought it.

I am soooooo disappointed.

Unless you use a really densely-packed brush, it goes on extremely uneven. I had the 'best' (if you want to call it that) luck with a kabuki brush. After only a couple hours, it settled in my pores and looked so bizarre. From far away I looked reasonable, but up close -

I tried changing up my make-up routine to maybe help the makeup 'work' better, but nothing has worked. I've had it for almost a month now...and I'm left $30 poorer and disappointed. [/QUOTE

Thanks for the review, I have been tempted to buy it myself. I will stick with the powder BM.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #3607
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Ulta just opened near me and all their brand cosmetics were $4, anything priced under $12 rang up $4. I bought a couple of eye shadows, but they don't seem to last long even with primer. I would love the naked Palette but at $50, I just can't do it.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #3608
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
It used to be but last year was only 15%. They keep cutting their discounts. They may be cutting me as a customer.
Is that a discount on everything? Even the expensive stuff?
Old 03-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #3609
lil mermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
Have you tried BB creams?
I am LOVING the new (ish) Tarte BB cream.
10/2000, Wilderness Lodge
11/2001, our Disney Wedding at the Pavilion! Wilderness Lodge
5/2002, Coronado Springs
5/2005, 7 day Western on the Disney Magic - Maddie's first birthday!
5/2006, Maddie's first trip to the World! Wilderness Lodge - Maddie's second birthday!
5/2008 - Maddies 4th birthday, and Joey's first trip to the World! AKL
1/2010, Polynesian, WDW 1/2 Marathon
Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #3610
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
While I know we all pretty much hate ULTA this week begins their month of beauty. They have some really great deals and I think you can use the 3.50 coupon on the circular. Tarte mascara which I live is half price and if you get one and then take 3.50 off it comes to 6.50!
Which Tarte mascara do you use? I need something new

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 03-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #3611
diznee25
"Curse you perry the platypus!"

VIB offer: Sephora

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Sephora about a VIB makeup bag offer? Spend $25 or more, and get a free makeup bag! (VIBs only) It has the Sephora + Pantone Universe logo. Bag is pretty cute with emerald, and mint green stripes, plus a stripe of white at the bottom.

I just placed my order.....have a feeling these might go quickly!

Plus I did a little splurge on Bobbi Brown makeup, ordered from Bobbi Brown's website. They had an offer for a free weekend lip palette when you spend $100 or more. Worked out for me, because Sephora was out of stock on BB makeup I wanted anyway.

A day of makeup splurging! Is there anything better?

Old 03-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #3612
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil mermaid

I am LOVING the new (ish) Tarte BB cream.
I'm kinda liking it too. Trying my sample every other day to make sure I don't break out from it.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #3613
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

finally broke down and bought expensive foundation! after trying a few color samples settled on makeupforever hd color 125 with the finishing powder. i love it so far. also bought a new lipcolor/lipgloss combo in sephora brand. i have always loved sephora cream lipsticks, but with the sephora lipgloss it bleeds outside my lips even with my lipliner, think i might keep lipstick and find a matching mac lipgloss which is my usual brand and i have never had that problem with mac. also tried the elf $1 liquid eyeliner from target, i love the brush and the dark black color, not waterproof, but for the top of the lid it is definately worth the $1 compared to 8-10 for other brands. i also purchased a sensationail starter kit (with led light) a few months back and have bought lots of gelish polishes. i am loving how much fun it is to do gel nails at home. i can even do a french manicure and then use regular nail polish on top and the nails never break or chip adn then remove with non acetone polish remover and the gel nails underneath are still perfect. any other gelish fans out there? i thought it would save so much money over the salon but oops ive spent hundreds on new colors already ow well, the best deals are to buy on amazon for 10-13 a bottle. thats my update on new products for the last few months....

Old 03-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #3614
minnie1012
DIS Veteran

I think its time for new undereye concealor! For the past month my husband keeps telling me how tired I look! LOL I am using the Garnier roller ball and also a Neutrogena one. I guess I need a better one! I have a sample of Erase Paste from Sephora and that seems to be better than what I am using but I was wondering has anyone tried that new Clinque one? I usually don't like Clinque but I heard good things about it. Any others that work well?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #3615
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

Thought I could come here. You guys are all beauty gurus. I bought facial wax, and waxed my face about 3 weeks ago? Now, 3 weeks later, I have a horrible breakout on my jaw and chin.

I'm thinking it can't be the wax? I have recently stopped birth control pills, and have noticed more pimples, as well as other hormonal crazies.

How long should it take for this to clear up? Should I avoid wearing makeup? I usually use Monistat as a primer, and then bare minerals.

Do you guys recommend any cheap cheap drugstore foundations for ok coverage? I want to try something liquid.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: