Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #3586
wdwnut4life
I LOVE WDW & Disneyland soo much!

I don't think the colors r muddy
Old 02-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #3587
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Wanted to share an awesome find - I don't think it's been mentioned? The GlamGlow Super-Mud Clearing Treatment is AH-MAZE-ING. I scored a few samples from my local Sephora, and I totally love it. Removed some stubborn black heads (gross), left my face soft, glowing but not shiny. If only it wasn't $70 bucks for a bitty jar, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, instead I'll keep my fingers crossed for a coupon soon!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 04:31 AM   #3588
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
Wanted to share an awesome find - I don't think it's been mentioned? The GlamGlow Super-Mud Clearing Treatment is AH-MAZE-ING. I scored a few samples from my local Sephora, and I totally love it. Removed some stubborn black heads (gross), left my face soft, glowing but not shiny. If only it wasn't $70 bucks for a bitty jar, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, instead I'll keep my fingers crossed for a coupon soon!
I got a little tiny jar in my stocking this Christmas and I used it once. Maybe I should pull it out again and give it a second try. Do you have problems with break outs? Did it help with that? My face breaks out at the drop of the hat and stress is a big contributor but I will try anything to make it better. I do not have blackheads though. I gave my Clarisonic a second try and that is now working for me so maybe I should reconsider this product too.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #3589
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
I got a little tiny jar in my stocking this Christmas and I used it once. Maybe I should pull it out again and give it a second try. Do you have problems with break outs? Did it help with that? My face breaks out at the drop of the hat and stress is a big contributor but I will try anything to make it better. I do not have blackheads though. I gave my Clarisonic a second try and that is now working for me so maybe I should reconsider this product too.
I have problems along my jaw line and on my chin during that crud time of month. I only had a few samples, but the way the Sephora employee explained it to me was that it works by pulling out the impurities in your skin, so it might look worse before it gets better. I've been told that before, so it made sense to me?

(And, I'm totally jealous that you got some for Christmas, I wish I could've dipped my whole body in it, lol)

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #3590
SueInBoston
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ohhhh....guess i'll take a run to Sephora this afternoon
Old 02-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #3591
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueInBoston View Post
Ohhhh....guess i'll take a run to Sephora this afternoon
Get the small sample size first to make sure you like then maybe you can hold off till the 15(20)% sale which is coming up soon.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #3592
SueInBoston
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Get the small sample size first to make sure you like then maybe you can hold off till the 15(20)% sale which is coming up soon.
I lucked out...at $70 a small jar, I thought the Sephora girl was going to give me a dab..but instead she was very generous and fill the little sample container FULL...

However after one use, I don't really see a difference on my face. It maybe that I already use Clarisonic and don't break out much...I do have a few stubborn blackheads on my chin that I was hoping GlamGlo will take care of...will have to try it again and see.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #3593
Twingle
DIS Veteran

OOOOHHHH - did anyone else see this:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

Beautiful Disney, a line of cosmetics and beauty products coming exclusive to Disney Parks on March 2!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #3594
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Hey ladies...I am attending a wedding next week, and weddings fall under the category of " places I will wear makeup to". Normally I wear none.

Planning ro hit the mall this weekend to buy a dress and a few makeup items. Foundation, powder, lip liner and lipstick.

Any recs on which brand? I hate makeup that smells makeupy (old ladyish) and I Hate mineral makeup. Looking for something relatively light. I have great skin. just neef to even tone, cover eye circles and control shine.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #3595
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Hey ladies...I am attending a wedding next week, and weddings fall under the category of " places I will wear makeup to". Normally I wear none.

Planning ro hit the mall this weekend to buy a dress and a few makeup items. Foundation, powder, lip liner and lipstick.

Any recs on which brand? I hate makeup that smells makeupy (old ladyish) and I Hate mineral makeup. Looking for something relatively light. I have great skin. just neef to even tone, cover eye circles and control shine.
Have you tried BB creams?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #3596
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle

Have you tried BB creams?
I have no idea what that is. ??
Old 02-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #3597
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueInBoston View Post
I lucked out...at $70 a small jar, I thought the Sephora girl was going to give me a dab..but instead she was very generous and fill the little sample container FULL...

However after one use, I don't really see a difference on my face. It maybe that I already use Clarisonic and don't break out much...I do have a few stubborn blackheads on my chin that I was hoping GlamGlo will take care of...will have to try it again and see.
Yeah I was not that excited about it either. I do not think the 70.00 price tag is justified.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #3598
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:

Go to a place like Ulta or Sephora if you have one close by because they can suggest differnt products since they are not loyal to any one line. If you go to a make up counter in a dept store like Nordstroms the salesperson will try to sell you the whole line and reallly it is better to take the best from several lines. Also if you go to Sephora if you call ahead I think they will do your make up for you because they have several make up artists on hand and this too will help you pick the correct products.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #3599
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
OOOOHHHH - did anyone else see this:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

Beautiful Disney, a line of cosmetics and beauty products coming exclusive to Disney Parks on March 2!
Unless I know who makes them for Disney I will not purchase them because there are certain brands of make up I cannot wear. I like to purchase the Gueriain when I go to France.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #3600
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:

Quote:
Go to a place like Ulta or Sephora if you have one close by because they can suggest differnt products since they are not loyal to any one line. If you go to a make up counter in a dept store like Nordstroms the salesperson will try to sell you the whole line and reallly it is better to take the best from several lines. Also if you go to Sephora if you call ahead I think they will do your make up for you because they have several make up artists on hand and this too will help you pick the correct products.

That's wht I did. I was on the Kathie lee & hoda ambush makeover a few weeks ago.
Looked great that day, but they didn't show you how or what products to use for make up or hair.
I went to Ulta and the salesgirl was very helpful. I told her I didn't want to spend a fortune so she picked a L'Oreal true match and Physician's Formula bronzer. Still don't wear for the eyes and lips.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: