Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #3556
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

I have been using the Tanda for the orbital region around my eyes. It is one of those light things. I LOVE it the only problem is when you stop it the benefits fade after a few weeks. All you do is put it on the regions of your face that tend to wrinkle (eyes) and it also works on the jawline.

I loved it so much I got the Zit Zapper and it works too. One has a blue light and one has a red light. My DH thought I was crazy but then he saw the difference. As I said before I have rosacea and it has helped to bring it under control.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #3557
Bella the Ball 360

$ 175 in GC to Sephora, a Stila pallet, Sephora favorites(not Sephora brand), Purse size Coco Mademoiselle with two refillis and a partrige in a pear tree! How about you guys?
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #3558
Bella the Ball 360

Got Glam Glow mask for Christmas anyone know if it is good? It is a tiny, tiny jar for 69.00 even I wouldn't pay that but since it is a gift I will use it.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #3559
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I'm obsessed with GlamGlow!! I love both the black jar and the white jar. I've had really good results!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #3560
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I'm totally loving the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. It came today so I got to wear it for New Years.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #3561
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I'm obsessed with GlamGlow!! I love both the black jar and the white jar. I've had really good results!
what is the difference between black and white jar?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #3562
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

The black jar is for radiance, smoothing, I think firming--but it really gives a nice glow to your skin. It's very thick and chunky--you'll see big green tea leaves in it. It smells great until it thickens--then the wonderful smell turns to , but the results are worth it.

The white jar is more for blackheads, acne, and deep cleaning. There are little bits of exfoliators, but the consistency is much thinner. It has a licorice smell from start to finish. I think you get more use out of the thinner consistency, and you are able to use it as a spot treatment. I tend to use it on my T-zone while I put a moisture mask on my cheeks.

I did get the white jar on an extra discount day, but have only done multiple samplings of the black jar. One of the perks of my job I guess.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #3563
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
$ 175 in GC to Sephora, a Stila pallet, Sephora favorites(not Sephora brand), Purse size Coco Mademoiselle with two refillis and a partrige in a pear tree! How about you guys?
Wow, you got a lot of beauty stuff for Christmas! My beauty gift was a Sephora Gift card from DH! I bought 0.5 oz of Be Delicious perfume, and Clinique's Quick Eye Liner.

By the way, mainly wanted to post here to rave about Maybelline's Volum' Express Mega Plush mascara. I'm a huge fan of Dior mascara, but the Mega Plush is better for my sensitive eyes. The gel-mousse formula is lightweight, and doesn't irritate my eyes. Awesome stuff! By the way, it comes in 'washable' and 'waterproof'. After reading several articles about how waterproof formulas are NOT good for sensitive eyes, I decided to buy the 'washable' formula. It's wonderful; doesn't flake, or smudge!

diznee25
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #3564
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
Wow, you got a lot of beauty stuff for Christmas! My beauty gift was a Sephora Gift card from DH! I bought 0.5 oz of Be Delicious perfume, and Clinique's Quick Eye Liner.

By the way, mainly wanted to post here to rave about Maybelline's Volum' Express Mega Plush mascara. I'm a huge fan of Dior mascara, but the Mega Plush is better for my sensitive eyes. The gel-mousse formula is lightweight, and doesn't irritate my eyes. Awesome stuff! By the way, it comes in 'washable' and 'waterproof'. After reading several articles about how waterproof formulas are NOT good for sensitive eyes, I decided to buy the 'washable' formula. It's wonderful; doesn't flake, or smudge!

diznee25
I have very sensitive eyes as well. What do you use for eye shadow?
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #3565
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood

Bare Minerals is good for sensitive eyes I think.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #3566
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
I have the following brands of eyeshadow in my makeup bag: Sephora, Clinique, and Urban Decay. Also, I do wear an eyeshadow primer. This is great for sensitive eyes because it keeps the shadow from flaking into the eye. I use Nars eye primer, and apply a very tiny amount. At first my application was always generous, but my eyes would water! So I cut back.

I have 'good' days and 'bad' days with my eyes. On a good day, I always reach for Urban Decay eyeshadow. It's the only time I can wear this formula. On my bad days I can only wear the Sephora brand, or Clinique......or sometimes nothing at all. Sometimes my eyes are so irritated that I can't wear any eye makeup. Hopefully that will change.....my eye doctor suggested taking Omega 3 pills everyday for dry eyes. Just started last week, so it's too early to tell if it's helping.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #3567
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

I also have very dry eye's due to an eye condition. Just started using the gel eye drops they are great. One little dab before bed or in the morning and they have replaced my liquid drops i was useing several times a day. I think i use the genteal brand i will have to check, but they have really made a difference.

Only got $30 of sephora cards for christmas got some replacement heads for my clarisonic finally!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #3568
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post

diznee25
It was from several different people! LOL!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #3569
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

I have very sensitive skin and eyes as well, and I haven't been able to use eye shadow in three years. I can't use Bare Minerals either, something in the minerals that causes me to break out like crazy and gives me huge red blotches.

I've been using Clinique's quick liner & high impact mascara. I also like to throw in some Lancome Star mascara, the two combined are absolutly amazing, and gives me big doe eyes!

I'm always on the look-out for brands made specifically for those with sensitive skin, so any rec's would be amazing!! :D

P.S. I got DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom from my fiance for Christmas and I highly recommend this scent! It is so fresh and girly. I get many compliments on it.
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #3570
wdwnut4life
I LOVE WDW & Disneyland soo much!

I got urban decay make your own palette
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: