Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #3541
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
Any recommendations for liquid foundation? I use retin-a for acne so I'm assuming that's why I have so much terrible finding a foundations that looks good.

Some foundations tend to sit on my face and "cake" up. I hope that makes sense! I have tried Make Up Forever and it really cakes up the worst for me. I can't use the powder foundations and no mineral products. I went to the mall yesterday and the lady insisted on having me try Estee Lauder's maximum coverage. No luck there - you could see it seeing on my face. I ended up buying some Clinique which felt great but by the end of the day it looked terrible. I couldn't wait to take it off.

Any suggestions?
It sounds like your problem is dry skin. I think if you used a good moisturizer it would help a great deal. I like Cerave in the tub for my super dry skin.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #3542
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

I have a nail polish question. I got some new polish yesterday at Sephora and it is more of a shimmer. I put 2 coats of polish and top coat, but depending on how my fingers move, you can still see my white nail tips through the polish. Do I need to add another layer of polish or is it supposed to look like that? I have natural nails, not fake.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #3543
vljohnson1126
Can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood
Any recommendations for liquid foundation? I use retin-a for acne so I'm assuming that's why I have so much terrible finding a foundations that looks good.

Some foundations tend to sit on my face and "cake" up. I hope that makes sense! I have tried Make Up Forever and it really cakes up the worst for me. I can't use the powder foundations and no mineral products. I went to the mall yesterday and the lady insisted on having me try Estee Lauder's maximum coverage. No luck there - you could see it seeing on my face. I ended up buying some Clinique which felt great but by the end of the day it looked terrible. I couldn't wait to take it off.

Any suggestions?
I am SUPER dry and I too have searched high and low. My suggestion is MAC Cosmetics. They have a couple of options for dry skin. I personally love Studio Fix Fluid. Another key factor in making it not look cakes is using a "beauty blender". You can purchase it from Sephora or Birchbox. It's a sponge like tool that makes my makeup lay so much nicer than using a foundation brush.

Hope this helps!

Next visit--HOME--BLT Sept, 2012

Port Orleans French Quarter, 2006
Beach Club, 2010
Kidani Village, 2011
Beach Club Villas, 2011
Old Key West, 2012
Disneyland Hotel, 2012
Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #3544
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:

Any suggestions?
If you don't mind spending money, I am in love with Guerlain's Terra Cotta Skin. It's $50 which isn't too bad - it lasts a long time since you don't need much (unless you're trying to build up coverage). It's super light and silky soft. It just glides onto your skin and blends very very well. It literally disappears into your skin leaving you with a nice glow. It only comes in two shades - blonde and brunette. Brunette is what I use, but it's quite dark for a sun-kissed glow. I've been toying with trying the blonde for the winter months when I'm paler.

See if a store will give you a sample to try before purchasing. Of if you buy at Sephora, at least you can return it if you don't like it after several tries.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Currently reading: #41 Voyager

Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #3545
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
I have a nail polish question. I got some new polish yesterday at Sephora and it is more of a shimmer. I put 2 coats of polish and top coat, but depending on how my fingers move, you can still see my white nail tips through the polish. Do I need to add another layer of polish or is it supposed to look like that? I have natural nails, not fake.

I see a lot of people who use a matte base coat and then put the glitter or shimmers on top. Kind of like dyeing your hair then doing highlights.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Old 12-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #3546
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I see a lot of people who use a matte base coat and then put the glitter or shimmers on top. Kind of like dyeing your hair then doing highlights.
Thanks. Guess I'll either have to live with it or buy a matte base.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #3547
Pirate Me

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
Thanks. Guess I'll either have to live with it or buy a matte base.
You could paint a coat of nude or light brown nail polish and then use your shimmery one on top of it.

Home Resort: BCV
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of
view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." -Atticus Finch
Old 12-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #3548
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil mermaid View Post
Also chiming in on the rosacea. I have had really, really good luck with the Clinique Redness Solutions line. The cream feels so good, and soothing, when I put it on.

Also, you may want to try taking Omega-3 fish oil supplements. It is good for you for a million reasons anyway, but it really has improved the amount of redness. If you do this, you MUST buy the "burp-less" kind.

Also, I was advised not to use the Clarisonic.
I'm game but does it help with break outs? As for Clarisonic, I think it is helping. I only use lightly. I honestly do not understand what makes the skin break out? Is it when you get over heated? I do not have the redness type but the break out type.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #3549
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:

Any suggestions?
I have been using Dermablend and it covers well and does not make my skin break out.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #3550
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
If you don't mind spending money, I am in love with Guerlain's Terra Cotta Skin. It's $50 which isn't too bad - it lasts a long time since you don't need much (unless you're trying to build up coverage). It's super light and silky soft. It just glides onto your skin and blends very very well. It literally disappears into your skin leaving you with a nice glow. It only comes in two shades - blonde and brunette. Brunette is what I use, but it's quite dark for a sun-kissed glow. I've been toying with trying the blonde for the winter months when I'm paler.

See if a store will give you a sample to try before purchasing. Of if you buy at Sephora, at least you can return it if you don't like it after several tries.
Everytime I go to the Guerlian section in Sephora I think of your quest to find this! LOL
Old 12-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #3551
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

I am looking at the Naked eye shadow palette, but it is $50. If you have it, what do you think?
Old 12-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #3552
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
I am looking at the Naked eye shadow palette, but it is $50. If you have it, what do you think?
Sooo not worth it. First off it is made in China and I never would have purchased it had I known. I am always suspect to their manufacturing practices and second all the colors look muddy.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #3553
SueInBoston
DIS Veteran

OK...ladies...I remember reading on a post that one of you have this springy hair removal thing that you use on your upper lip area. I can't find the post for the name of the thingy....can the OP post the name of the item again? or if anyone remembers...please post..

Thank you and Merry Christmas to my makeup clique DIS friends
Old 12-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #3554
Leslieloody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueInBoston
OK...ladies...I remember reading on a post that one of you have this springy hair removal thing that you use on your upper lip area. I can't find the post for the name of the thingy....can the OP post the name of the item again? or if anyone remembers...please post..

Thank you and Merry Christmas to my makeup clique DIS friends
There was a spring thing called the Epilady, I think. I know it was used on lips though.

Three times as a kid
2003-off site
2006-Pop Music
2009-Pop Century
2011-Pop Century
Sept-Oct 2012 Art of Animation
Old 12-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #3555
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
Everytime I go to the Guerlian section in Sephora I think of your quest to find this! LOL
LOL! Yeah, that was NOT fun!! Not a cool thing when you're in desperate need of foundation and can't find it anywhere!

I did stock up on my last trip to Epcot though! For the winter months I'm using their Lingerie foundation - gives me a little more coverage. In the summer, I'll go back to my Terra Cotta Skin.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Currently reading: #41 Voyager

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: