Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #3496
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3jewels View Post
Thanks for all the advice regarding where to take my dd. You have definitely given me something to think about, and I think I may go the salon route vs. Sephora (although Clinique is also a definite option as well).

I also appreciate the recommendation for the Benefit Brow Bar. That sounds exactly what I am looking for!!

Edited to add: Just looked up the closest Benefit Brow Bar and it is in Sephora.
I'm assuming the girls who work at the Brow Bar are going to be Benefit employees, NOT Sephora. I've never seen one in Sephora, and I don't think Benefit would put their name on untrained Brow Shapers. So I wouldn't worry. Maybe go and observe them doing someone else's brow's so you can see their proficiency??
Old 11-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #3497
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
Last year, around the end of November, I recall Sephora mailing out "gift cards" to VIB members. It was $20 off a $50 purchase. Which was a great deal, that's a 40% discount! But of course, I spent way more than that!

Does anyone know if Sephora will do it again this year? It was my first year being a VIB, so I don't know if they send out that gift card every holiday season.

I only need to shop at Sephora one more time before Christmas, and I'm on the fence about whether to use the 20% off this weekend, or wait (for the deal they had last year.)

Thanks for any info!

diznee25
I forgot about that!!
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #3498
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

I'm beginning to think I need therapy.

But she's so pretty.

Last edited by CathrynRose; 11-15-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #3499
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

yup thats the right olay moisturizer! $20 for 1 is a good price. I usually buy it from cvs when they have extra buck deals, or from costco in the 2 pack. i have been really happy with this for a few years. There is a rebate right now on olay.com $15 rebate on $50 of p&g products you could combine and use as well.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #3500
bellebud
DIS Veteran

So I bought a Clarisonic yesterday at Sephoria. I was told I can use it and if I don't like it, I can return it, so I don't mind spending the money to try it. (actually, I didn't know you can return everything there - I'm very happy about that. makes me more willing to try new things).

Has anyone tried it yet? I've read very differing opinions on it (from great to horrible). I don't know how often I should try it at first. I bought the 'delicate' brush for myself, and the acne brush for my dd13. I thought every other day, but the salesgirl said once a week.

opinions??
Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #3501
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

CathrynRose.... she is very very very pretty. I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebud View Post
So I bought a Clarisonic yesterday at Sephoria. I was told I can use it and if I don't like it, I can return it, so I don't mind spending the money to try it. (actually, I didn't know you can return everything there - I'm very happy about that. makes me more willing to try new things).

Has anyone tried it yet? I've read very differing opinions on it (from great to horrible). I don't know how often I should try it at first. I bought the 'delicate' brush for myself, and the acne brush for my dd13. I thought every other day, but the salesgirl said once a week.

opinions??
I've had mine for over 5 years, my husband has his own. I use mine every morning, he uses his almost every morning, and always before he shaves. I switch up the brush heads depending on the time of year and what my skin is doing.

Depending on who you talk to, and what article you read, and which doctor did which bit of research.... you'll hear different answers on exfoliation frequency. Do what works for you--it's gentle. I like mine in the morning because my makeup goes on smoother afterwards. Some like to remove makeup with it, etc etc etc. Personally--I don't ever want to live without mine.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #3502
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
yup thats the right olay moisturizer! $20 for 1 is a good price. I usually buy it from cvs when they have extra buck deals, or from costco in the 2 pack. i have been really happy with this for a few years. There is a rebate right now on olay.com $15 rebate on $50 of p&g products you could combine and use as well.
Awesome, I'm going to try it!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #3503
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:

opinions??
I see a dermatologist for adult acne. She recommends Clarisonic. She told me to use the acne brush and that is what she recommends to everyone, even those without acne. I use mine every night. She did not recommend using it more than once a day, even though the information that comes with the brush says you can use it twice a day. If my Clarisonic broke, I'd have to go out that day and buy another one. I love it!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #3504
SueInBoston
DIS Veteran

Quote:

opinions??
I have oily skin and large pores, I use my clarisonic 2x a day and I love it!!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #3505
bellebud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
I see a dermatologist for adult acne. She recommends Clarisonic. She told me to use the acne brush and that is what she recommends to everyone, even those without acne. I use mine every night. She did not recommend using it more than once a day, even though the information that comes with the brush says you can use it twice a day. If my Clarisonic broke, I'd have to go out that day and buy another one. I love it!
so glad you posted this! I may try my dd's acne brush to compare to my 'delicate' brush.

Did she recommend a particular cleanser for using it?
Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #3506
bellebud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueInBoston View Post
I have oily skin and large pores, I use my clarisonic 2x a day and I love it!!
glad to hear that! I'm the same w/ oily skin and large pores.

I was cracking up last night trying it for the first time. Did the forehead first, totally fine. Then went to my nose, and it 'tickled' so much, I couldn't really stand it. I forced myself to endure it, but I was sneezing and my eyes were tearing, my dd13 was laughing at me. It was very funny!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #3507
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Check out Sephora's Facebook page. Click on 'FanFridays'. It shows us a preview of ($10) products that will be available on Black Friday, Nov. 23rd!

diznee25
Old 11-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #3508
wdwnut4life
I LOVE WDW & Disneyland soo much!

i have a proactiv brush vs the clarisonic. MUCH cheaper! great job but always use it everyday & clean it off w/soap & h20. have a great weekend makeup friends!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #3509
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
so glad you posted this! I may try my dd's acne brush to compare to my 'delicate' brush.

Did she recommend a particular cleanser for using it?
Yes she is a big fan of Revision Skin Brightening in the black bottle. I really like it because it definitely helps with acne. Unless I have a flare up, you would never know I had adult acne.

http://revisionskincare.com/products...ng-facial-wash
Old 11-17-2012, 03:08 AM   #3510
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
If my Clarisonic broke, I'd have to go out that day and buy another one. I love it!
I feel the same way. I absolutely love it.

I actually go back and forth between the deep pore, and the regular brush heads, and I use it once a day, usually. Sometimes twice a day, if I am feeling dull.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: