Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #3466
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
PM me your e-mail address. I opened the 'friends' link and that's the only way I can send it to you.

diznee25
Thank you so much! I just PM'd you.

Kim
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #3467
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, looks like I got the email from Sephora today! VIB 20% off and yes, you can share it with one friend.

Only good through Nov. 8th - 12th. So doesn't start until Thursday.

diznee25
Woo hoo! I got mine yesterday too. Hopefully I will get to the mall tomorrow or over the weekend to cheer myself up after today's predicted nor'easter!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #3468
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Pencil as cheek?!
Yup! I dotted it on and blended - it's also the lip color. With my lips I lined, filled in, and covered with a clear gloss. EXCELLENT staying power - I was impressed!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 11-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #3469
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle

Yup! I dotted it on and blended - it's also the lip color. With my lips I lined, filled in, and covered with a clear gloss. EXCELLENT staying power - I was impressed!
How odd...but sounds worth checking out.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #3470
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Last year, around the end of November, I recall Sephora mailing out "gift cards" to VIB members. It was $20 off a $50 purchase. Which was a great deal, that's a 40% discount! But of course, I spent way more than that!

Does anyone know if Sephora will do it again this year? It was my first year being a VIB, so I don't know if they send out that gift card every holiday season.

I only need to shop at Sephora one more time before Christmas, and I'm on the fence about whether to use the 20% off this weekend, or wait (for the deal they had last year.)

Thanks for any info!

diznee25
Old 11-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #3471
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last year, around the end of November, I recall Sephora mailing out "gift cards" to VIB members. It was $20 off a $50 purchase. Which was a great deal, that's a 40% discount! But of course, I spent way more than that!

Does anyone know if Sephora will do it again this year? It was my first year being a VIB, so I don't know if they send out that gift card every holiday season.

I only need to shop at Sephora one more time before Christmas, and I'm on the fence about whether to use the 20% off this weekend, or wait (for the deal they had last year.)

Thanks for any info!

diznee25
They typically do but who knows if they will this year.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #3472
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
They typically do but who knows if they will this year.
They did it about 2 years ago right before Christmas. I did not order anything because I knew I would get things as presents. But then....I did not get any make up that year...how sad LOL.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #3473
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the responses! I'll take my chances and wait....it would just be a purchase for myself anyway. I know, holiday season...should be buying for others. LOL But my SIL's and MIL are simplistic when it comes to makeup, perfume, etc. So my DH and I go a different route for their gifts.

That leaves Sephora all for me!

diznee25
Old 11-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #3474
cassandrap83
Only 3hrs from the Magic :)

I have never posted in this thread before, but just wanted to pop in to complain about the Bare Minerals Ready Foundation.

I've been a devout bare minerals user for over 12 years now, and was very excited to see that they came out with this pressed mineral foundation. I debated a long time before buying it because well, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but I broke down about 3 weeks ago and bought it.

I am soooooo disappointed.

Unless you use a really densely-packed brush, it goes on extremely uneven. I had the 'best' (if you want to call it that) luck with a kabuki brush. After only a couple hours, it settled in my pores and looked so bizarre. From far away I looked reasonable, but up close -

I tried changing up my make-up routine to maybe help the makeup 'work' better, but nothing has worked. I've had it for almost a month now...and I'm left $30 poorer and disappointed.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #3475
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
They did it about 2 years ago right before Christmas. I did not order anything because I knew I would get things as presents. But then....I did not get any make up that year...how sad LOL.
I hope you divorced your husband and disowned your family. Sickos.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #3476
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I used my 20% VIB coupon today! I didn't get too much-- Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in perversion (this is BLACK BLACK-- very dark and has stayed on my hand through several hand washings), Taylor Swift Wonderstruck for my SIL for Christmas, Clinique even better foundation (I tend to get flaky in the winter, no matter what moisturizer I use, and this foundation got really good reviews for counteracting that), and a really nice Too Faced set: http://www.sephora.com/love-sweet-love-set-P375912.
I really excited for the primer and blush in the set, as well as the brush. I already know I love Too Faced's eyeshadow and lip gloss. I'm looking for a great primer, so I hope this one is a contender!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #3477
bellebud
DIS Veteran

not makeup, but hair... just wanna share my find that I adore! Infiniti Pro by Conair. It's a rotating curling brush that blow-dries at the same time.

My hair is thin and damages easily, and I love, love, love this item! I still blow dry my bang area with my regular blow-dryer, then flip over and blow-dry the roots upsidedown. The rest I use the Infiniti Pro, and it takes 1/2 the time it used to take me to finish blow-drying, and my hair is shinier, no frizzy ends which I always had, and has tons of volume.

I also am loving WEN cleansing conditioner. I'll never use anything else. Pricey, yes, but for me and my crappy hair, very worth it!

Just wanted to share!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #3478
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebud View Post
not makeup, but hair... just wanna share my find that I adore! Infiniti Pro by Conair. It's a rotating curling brush that blow-dries at the same time.

My hair is thin and damages easily, and I love, love, love this item! I still blow dry my bang area with my regular blow-dryer, then flip over and blow-dry the roots upsidedown. The rest I use the Infiniti Pro, and it takes 1/2 the time it used to take me to finish blow-drying, and my hair is shinier, no frizzy ends which I always had, and has tons of volume.

I also am loving WEN cleansing conditioner. I'll never use anything else. Pricey, yes, but for me and my crappy hair, very worth it!

Just wanted to share!
I've been using WEN too! I tried CO method and it did not work at all for me. My hair was greasy and gross. Since using WEN I have the healthiest most gorgeous hair I've ever had in my life. I also dyed my hair BRIGHT red 4 weeks ago and have almost no fading. It's crazy!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #3479
KimR
DIS Veteran
Needs to lay off the Murder Mysteries before Dental Appointments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandrap83 View Post

I tried changing up my make-up routine to maybe help the makeup 'work' better, but nothing has worked. I've had it for almost a month now...and I'm left $30 poorer and disappointed.
SO are you not happy with the BM loose foundation either? I use Everyday Minerals and I couldn't be happier with it. I keep hearing that as you age, the powder foundation does not work as well, but so far I'm very happy with it.

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #3480
luvmy3jewels
DIS Veteran

I'm usually just an occassional lurker on this thread, but I'm hoping you ladies can assist me with your expertise on a couple of make-up related matters.

My daughter is turning 12 soon and is starting to dabble in make-up other than a little bit of lip gloss and mascara. I was thinking about taking her somewhere for her birthday where they will teach her how to apply make-up properly (and I can buy a few items for her to use daily). Would Sephora do this kind of thing and are they a good place to go or is there somewhere better?

Also, it has recently come to my attention that my eyebrows need some work. I've never done anything to them, other than some occassional plucking of hairs that are obviously not near the natural brow line. Does anyone know of a good on-line tutorial or place to go for brow help? My salon does waxing, but I think I need more shaping assistance. I've seen several girls that wax and end up with really small brows that look weird. Are there products I should be using to maitain a good brow shape?

Thanks for helping me out with your suggestions!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: