Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #3421
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueInBoston View Post
Note to self....check out Marshalls and TJ Maxx at lunch tomorrow.
Bella....you're not helping my budget..
Yeah, she's not helping mine either.

Off to check Marshalls/TJ Maxx tonight. Would love a Michael Korrs bag.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years

Currently reading: #13 A Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers

Old 10-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #3422
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
OK, does anyone on this thread have super, super, super, super, super sensitive skin? I am at my wit's end here.

I am in my late 40s and have very dry/sensitive skin. It wasn't always sensitive as i used to wear anything and everything. It is very sensitive now.

I can only use mineral sunscreens (zinc/titanium dioxide), I can only wash with Dove, and I can only moisturize with straight up Vaseline.

I have been wearing Bare Minerals for years with no problems. I also use Sonia Kushiak concealor with no problem. I used Make Up Forever concealor which gave me hives where I used it. Beside the Bare Minerals, I use Lancome Kohl eyeliner, Sephora Atomic Volume Mascara, and Everyday Minerals shadows. This works for me without any reactions.

With the humidity now gone, I thought my face looked pretty dull and the Bare Minerals, for the first time, was really accentuating my fine lines. I decided I needed to wear a liquid foundation. I went online and researched some of the best "drugstore" brands just so I could try something out. I ended up with L'Oreal Visible Lift and Revlon Colorstay. The L'Oreal looked really bad so I cleaned it off. The next day I used the Revlon and it was actually very nice looking. However, by the end of the day my face was stinging so bad. I didn't have a visible reaction but the stuff hurt. I checked the sunscreen in it and it was zinc/titanium dioxide so I should be okay with that part of it.

On top of it all, I bought myself a sapphire blue Pixi eyeliner. I really loved the look of this and it really woke up my eyes. But, by day three, both my eyelids at the lashline were itching so I had to stop that. My Lancome Kohl pencil in brown is fine. Maybe I'll try that brand in a dark blue.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you makeup experts had run across someone like me or have similar issues? I've tried brands that are supposed to be good for sensitive skin (Jane Iredale) and I get a lot of stinging. I have no way to figure out what the culprit is but I don't think my aging skin is going to look great in Bare Minerals forever.
I developed rosacea (sp) and of course mine comes with break outs. I had to go to the dermatologist to find something that helped it and then I used dermablend foundation.
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #3423
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Wanted to share that I had to run to Walgreens today and found the E.L.F. make up kits, there's a Malificent, an Evil Queen and a Cruella de Ville. I purchased the Evil Queen, can't wait to try it out!

Also, EOS lip balm has a set of three Alice in Wonderland pods - a vanilla, a watermelon, and a blueberry, they have a Mickey Head on the side :D

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 10-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #3424
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Did anyone score a code for the Sephora F&F sale? I got a couple. I also scored a card in the store this weekend. I have some stuff coming, and I also have some purchases planned for the VIB event next month.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #3425
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Did anyone score a code for the Sephora F&F sale? I got a couple. I also scored a card in the store this weekend. I have some stuff coming, and I also have some purchases planned for the VIB event next month.
I was hoping for one, but no luck! I haven't been buying as much there lately though. Hoping for a deal next month. I need to buy some Christmas presents.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Old 10-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #3426
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
I was hoping for one, but no luck! I haven't been buying as much there lately though. Hoping for a deal next month. I need to buy some Christmas presents.
There are SAs on Twitter giving them away to anyone who asks.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #3427
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Someone said on the Budget Board that they'll be sending a 20% off code to all VIBs in November-- anyone know if this is true/when they'll deploy?? I definitely have gifts (for myself and others ) that I'd love to pick up at a discount!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
Old 10-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #3428
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Someone said on the Budget Board that they'll be sending a 20% off code to all VIBs in November-- anyone know if this is true/when they'll deploy?? I definitely have gifts (for myself and others ) that I'd love to pick up at a discount!
The sale is 11/7-11/9
Old 10-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #3429
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

No no no! No more spending for me! The Merrimack Outlets are KILLING my bank account!

I really try not to open this thread, lol.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years

Currently reading: #13 A Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers

Old 10-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #3430
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The sale is 11/7-11/9
Woo hoo! Thanks!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
Old 10-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #3431
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

So I got the YSL TTE foundation and I LOVE it! I have been on a never ending hunt for my perfect foundation and this may be it!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #3432
HumanLegs
Mouseketeer

This is SO my kind of thread! I'm wondering if anyone's tried the new Kat Von D lock-it tattoo foundation yet? I see it's getting raves on makeupalley but I'm cheap and haven't bought it yet.

Do any of you ladies shop indie makeup sites? It's where I got 3/4 of my makeup. I like it because it's affordable and sometimes better than higher end cosmetics. For instance MUFE's HD powder is the exact same as Fyrinnae's Fluff at a fraction of the price. I've taken to reading ingredient list's and I swear it's saved me hundreds of dollars!

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you all!

Last edited by HumanLegs; 10-26-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #3433
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

mac's new winter line is great! came out yesterday bought an eyeshadow then went back today for the illuminator and lipgloss, half of the collection was already sold out! very pretty colors!

Old 10-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #3434
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

MAC doesn't cut it for me anymore. The new Guerlain and Chanel, however.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #3435
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
What do you mean F and F I was waiting for this how come I did not get a card or e mail? I thought it was in November.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: