Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #3316
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
They are soon to be opening a Sephora near me and my hope is that my son's gf will go work there...then all will be right in the world because it really kills me to buy mdse from ULTA but it is hard to turn down the discount for example 25.00 off 100 for Chanel perfume. LOL
Hey I get that too lol. Being beautiful isn't cheap these days!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #3317
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Anyone try Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer? I just got it from QVC and I really like it. I am going to get the shadow too. It is supposed to go on and blend smoothly which is really hard for me to accomplish unless I use cream shadow.
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #3318
Plum85
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any make up recommendations for long lasting products in the Florida heat?
Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #3319
sorcerormickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum85 View Post
Does anyone have any make up recommendations for long lasting products in the Florida heat?
What are you looking for? Foundation, blush, eyeshadow...what?
Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #3320
Plum85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerormickey

What are you looking for? Foundation, blush, eyeshadow...what?
Well I'm a neutral skin tone (mac n3-n5) and I was looking for a foundation/base, a good dramatic long lasting mascara and a blush. Any ideas?
Old 07-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #3321
sorcerormickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I'm a neutral skin tone (mac n3-n5) and I was looking for a foundation/base, a good dramatic long lasting mascara and a blush. Any ideas?
For foundation, I am currently loving Revlon Colorstay Whipped. It has medium coverage, very blendable, and stays on all day even in the FL heat. I haven't found anything else that stays as well as this.

As for mascara - I am still sticking with Cover Girl Lash Blast. I use the regular, but for foolproof staying power, the waterproof one is the way to go.

Can't help you with blush, no matter what I use, it is gone quickly. I have tried HE and DS brands and found nothing with staying power. I suspect creme blushes would last longer, but my skin hates all the ones I've tried for whatever reason.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #3322
Plum85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerormickey

For foundation, I am currently loving Revlon Colorstay Whipped. It has medium coverage, very blendable, and stays on all day even in the FL heat. I haven't found anything else that stays as well as this.

As for mascara - I am still sticking with Cover Girl Lash Blast. I use the regular, but for foolproof staying power, the waterproof one is the way to go.

Can't help you with blush, no matter what I use, it is gone quickly. I have tried HE and DS brands and found nothing with staying power. I suspect creme blushes would last longer, but my skin hates all the ones I've tried for whatever reason.
Thanks very much. I was going to try a cheek stain for better staying power like benetint. I thought that might work well. We don't have colorstay whipped in the uk so will have to wait until my first make up shopping trip! Can't wait!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #3323
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
If you are going to the park all day forget the foundation. It will melt off in a matter of minutes. I would use sunscreen and mascara. The BEST mascara is Benefit "They're Real" Long, natural and no smudge. AS far as blush, forget it...it is so hot you have a natural blush the whole time. Add a little lip gloss and that is it.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #3324
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you are going to the park all day forget the foundation. It will melt off in a matter of minutes. I would use sunscreen and mascara. The BEST mascara is Benefit "They're Real" Long, natural and no smudge. AS far as blush, forget it...it is so hot you have a natural blush the whole time. Add a little lip gloss and that is it.
Agreed on all of this. I wouldn't even wear foundation or blush to go to dinner because I tend to sweat a lot. Makeup costs too much to waste it by sweating it all off!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #3325
Bella the Ball 360

I have been very bad and this is probably the only place I can confess my sins.

I was on the wagon for about a month. I did not buy any make up. Well I did buy one YSL shadow at the Lancome outlet because I needed to up my total in order to use a coupon to give me 10.00 off so the shadow cost me 2.00(OH I was buying perfume for my sister for her b'day). Then the old feeling came over me. I needed a new liner and I went to Sephora. I did have 50 in gc so I got a Two Faced little pallet and blush thing the size of a credit card and a tube of TF shadow primer. I never got the liner because they did not have the LORAC one I like.
I just happend to be watching SHOP NBC and EVE Pearl was on. So I got the Salmon Concealer and a liner and a face primer because they were a set and I need the liner and wanted to try the concealer. I liked them so much I went back and got an EVE Pearl shadow kit. (If you watch Gossmakeupartist on youtube you know he loves her make up).

It is like a run away trian yesterday on Shop NBC they had this callus remover and foot cream that is supposed to keep you from having to go to the podiatrist. THEN I fell for the nail polish kit that is supposed to keep you from getting nail fungus.

Forgive me for I have committed the sin of make up greed! I need to go to a make up rehab.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #3326
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been very bad and this is probably the only place I can confess my sins.

I was on the wagon for about a month. I did not buy any make up. Well I did buy one YSL shadow at the Lancome outlet because I needed to up my total in order to use a coupon to give me 10.00 off so the shadow cost me 2.00(OH I was buying perfume for my sister for her b'day). Then the old feeling came over me. I needed a new liner and I went to Sephora. I did have 50 in gc so I got a Two Faced little pallet and blush thing the size of a credit card and a tube of TF shadow primer. I never got the liner because they did not have the LORAC one I like.
I just happend to be watching SHOP NBC and EVE Pearl was on. So I got the Salmon Concealer and a liner and a face primer because they were a set and I need the liner and wanted to try the concealer. I liked them so much I went back and got an EVE Pearl shadow kit. (If you watch Gossmakeupartist on youtube you know he loves her make up).

It is like a run away trian yesterday on Shop NBC they had this callus remover and foot cream that is supposed to keep you from having to go to the podiatrist. THEN I fell for the nail polish kit that is supposed to keep you from getting nail fungus.

Forgive me for I have committed the sin of make up greed! I need to go to a make up rehab.
I almost bought that thing yesterday! I didn't because I just got one from QVC that I really love and I'm happy with the results so I'm going to stick with it.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #3327
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I almost bought that thing yesterday! I didn't because I just got one from QVC that I really love and I'm happy with the results so I'm going to stick with it.
It was a good price and I agreed that using one of the cheese grater things is not sanitary for your feet.

Did you get the FX skin light treatment thing? I have a Tanda which is the same thing and it really helps to soften the lines and wrinkles. I do not have a lot of lines but I see a sagging in my jaw and that is what I am working on.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #3328
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was a good price and I agreed that using one of the cheese grater things is not sanitary for your feet.

Did you get the FX skin light treatment thing? I have a Tanda which is the same thing and it really helps to soften the lines and wrinkles. I do not have a lot of lines but I see a sagging in my jaw and that is what I am working on.
What's the name of that product? I've been using the ped egg and that thing is rough!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Old 07-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #3329
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That Ped Egg never did a damned thing for my feet anyway. It was tediou and annoying. I got the Emjoi from QVC and I may be a little obsessed with it lol. I was amazed at all the crap it got off in just a few seconds versus grating my foot for a half hour with no results.

I haven't bought any treatment devices for my face yet, but I think once I hit 30 I'm going to. I also see Botox as a possibility. I have these fine lines right under my eyes. They might be hereditary because my 16 month old has them also!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #3330
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
That Ped Egg never did a damned thing for my feet anyway. It was tediou and annoying. I got the Emjoi from QVC and I may be a little obsessed with it lol. I was amazed at all the crap it got off in just a few seconds versus grating my foot for a half hour with no results.

I haven't bought any treatment devices for my face yet, but I think once I hit 30 I'm going to. I also see Botox as a possibility. I have these fine lines right under my eyes. They might be hereditary because my 16 month old has them also!
Next time they have the 20% off at the store we both hate, get a Tanda and try it. THey have a 60 day return policy and you will see results in 30 or return it no questions asked. According to what I have read even if you are young it will keep the lines away especially in conjunction with moisturizer. I have no lines and I am in my middle 40's. People think I am 30 ...so I let them think it ! I still get carded I have taken care of my skin forever but part of it is heredity. My mom is close to 80 and people think she is 50 she does not have a line on her face either. However she kept out of the sun and did not smoke either so who knows. Botox is unnatural(well it is natural but it is really bacteria) and I would not go this route first because I am always afraid of putting substances into my body and the affect that they will have later on.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: