Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:36 AM   #286
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Hi guys,

I have not gotten any new make up since Sunday but my friend who loves to shop got me a bottle of Essie limited edition nail color(red) with 24K gold in it. I LOVE it b/c not only am I am make up queen but I am a jewlery queen.

Even though I put this info on a thread a while ago I felt that we could also talk about hair on this thread too.

Morrocanoil (all one word) is FANTASTIC. I say this because my hair looks great today and pretty much everyday since I have been using it. Shine and managability is fantastic and it protects the hair when using a flat iron.

Now question about root touch ups. I have yet to find something that will touch up my roots and look good. The root touch up that is out there now (clariol I think) is pretty useless. In ulta I got a couple of different types of hair "mascara" and they were not great. I do not like to abuse my so I try to color only once and use only semi perminent color. I do get root growth and that is my problem. The best I can find to touch up the roots is just to use a temororary rinse that lasts for 6 washings. I got a color depositing shampoo Deva I think it is called and I hated it. Anyone remember the Matrix color depositing conditioner from a few years ago? I LOVED that stuff. It was great but they stopped making it. Everyone I spoke to about it who used it also loved it so I have no idea why they discontinued it.....do you think it was made with nuclear materials and dangerous to our health?? I even called Matrix and told them how much I loved it. It helped to tone down roots and there really was not a lot of build up.

Clarifying shampoo....what kind do you use? I use Paul Mitchell clarifying. It is great takes all the product build up out. I only use it once a month because here too I do not want to strip my hair only clear the product before I color.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #287
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGracey View Post
oh and Cathryn--I am trying out that Clinique lipgloss tomorrow! awesome. My credit card is already cowering in my wallet.
Your card needs to toughen up. The spring collections should be released soon, and it will have lots of work to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerormickey View Post
That was me, lol. Geez you know how to get a girl's attention!!

Thanks for the info - I'll have to check it out!!
I didnt want you to miss it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerormickey View Post
Wow - it has really good reviews everywhere I look! Looks like a great color for me as well - and a sheer - and not a goopy gloss!! Definately on my list to get next time out!!

THANKS CathrynRose!!!
Yeah, it's a pretty color. Youre welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
Hi guys,

Even though I put this info on a thread a while ago I felt that we could also talk about hair on this thread too.

Morrocanoil (all one word) is FANTASTIC. I say this because my hair looks great today and pretty much everyday since I have been using it. Shine and managability is fantastic and it protects the hair when using a flat iron.

Now question about root touch ups. I have yet to find something that will touch up my roots and look good. The root touch up that is out there now (clariol I think) is pretty useless. In ulta I got a couple of different types of hair "mascara" and they were not great. I do not like to abuse my so I try to color only once and use only semi perminent color. I do get root growth and that is my problem. The best I can find to touch up the roots is just to use a temororary rinse that lasts for 6 washings. I got a color depositing shampoo Deva I think it is called and I hated it. Anyone remember the Matrix color depositing conditioner from a few years ago? I LOVED that stuff. It was great but they stopped making it. Everyone I spoke to about it who used it also loved it so I have no idea why they discontinued it.....do you think it was made with nuclear materials and dangerous to our health?? I even called Matrix and told them how much I loved it. It helped to tone down roots and there really was not a lot of build up.

Clarifying shampoo....what kind do you use? I use Paul Mitchell clarifying. It is great takes all the product build up out. I only use it once a month because here too I do not want to strip my hair only clear the product before I color.
Clarifying Shampoo - I use Pert once in awhile to clarify. No set time or anything, though... just whenever. (I buy Pert Plus sometimes as a body wash cuz I loooooove the way it smells, so every now and again - I'll use that.

Matrix SO COLOR Conditioner. Yes I remember it. And it smelled like heaven too. I loved that stuff, loved it!!!

Then Sexy hair Concepts had one - and they stopped making it too.

Now Im using a Sun Glitz one. they are ridiculously pigmented.... just wonderful. i have to mix it with another shampoo, or my blonde will turn purple. :

(well, Ill be dammed..... I stocked up on it at the hair show last year and it's been discontinued too )

Apparently Artec makes ones... but I havent tried it. Now Im upset. WHY DO THEY DO THIS?!?!?

Looks like you can still order it from here, though - http://www.haircarechoices.com/detai...FSPxDAodFwY9cw

I'd get one while you can.

And the Morrcocan Oil.... they have a booth at this year's Expo, so Im going to pick some up, cuz of all your talk about it.
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #288
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

And FYI - Sunglitz is made my Farouk / CHI / BioSilk.... it's good stuff.

And it looks like on their website - it's not discontinued (thank god!)

http://www.farouk.com/
Old 02-24-2009, 09:54 AM   #289
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Nope - it IS discontinued. What a bummer. That stuff was just fabulous.

I have like 1/4 of a bottle at home.

On to happier news....

I got a manicure last night, using my own polish - this color:

OPI - You dont know Jaques.

But while I was waiting for my turn - I saw this color:

You know what it reminds me of? The floor at Innoventions. Black, but with rainbowey (shhh! Dont you say a word you-know-whoms!!!) holographic shimmer....

It's OPI - My Private Jet

Last edited by CathrynRose; 02-24-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #290
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Jessica Biel's that Oscar night.... (dont you guys think Black Honey is probably it?)

Old 02-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #291
can84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post

You know what it reminds me of? The floor at Innoventions. Black, but with rainbowey (shhh! Dont you say a word you-know-whoms!!!) holographic shimmer....

What a great color! I'll definitely be looking for it next time I'm out.

Orlando ~ Australia ~ Ireland ~ Britain ~ France ~ Belgium ~ Scotland ~ Austria ~ Portugal ~ Switzerland ~ Italy
Old 02-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #292
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
On to happier news....

I got a manicure last night, using my own polish - this color:

OPI - You dont know Jaques.

But while I was waiting for my turn - I saw this color:

MORNING QUEENS!!!

Love your NEW color and absolutely LOVE "Innoventions" ( ) aka My Private Jet as well!!!

Queens, do you all take your polish to your nail tech....I have been thinking about doing this because I love the OPI line more than the line my salon here in the OC is carrying.....not even sure of the name of it.....anyway, I have not seen anyone bring their own polish in and was not sure if it was rude. Back home in MA everyone could and did bring in their own colors in but my salon home had every imaginable OPI so I never did there. Thoughts!!

KAR

Old 02-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #293
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

OK I went to Sephora for the first time! I am so excited. I got three new items: an under eye concealer called Time Balm, eyeshadow primer by Too Faced, and a Sephora plumping lip gloss which really makes my lips get hot at first!

I saw the lash injection mascara and it was in two versions, a smaller brush and a bigger brush. What's the difference?

Yippee, I'm not a Sephora virgin anymore!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #294
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec5girl View Post
OK I went to Sephora for the first time! I am so excited. I got three new items: an under eye concealer called Time Balm, eyeshadow primer by Too Faced, and a Sephora plumping lip gloss which really makes my lips get hot at first!

I saw the lash injection mascara and it was in two versions, a smaller brush and a bigger brush. What's the difference?

Yippee, I'm not a Sephora virgin anymore!
YAY!!!

Lash Injection. The smaller brush is really for people who cant get used to the bigger brush. It's supposed to be 'more precise' but I dont have a problem being 'precise' with the monster wand (just took some time)

And the smaller brush is HALF the product, for the same price. I'd get the big one. (or go to Ulta and get the set for $19.50!!!)

What color gloss did you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
MORNING QUEENS!!!

Love your NEW color and absolutely LOVE "Innoventions" ( ) aka My Private Jet as well!!!

Queens, do you all take your polish to your nail tech....I have been thinking about doing this because I love the OPI line more than the line my salon here in the OC is carrying.....not even sure of the name of it.....anyway, I have not seen anyone bring their own polish in and was not sure if it was rude. Back home in MA everyone could and did bring in their own colors in but my salon home had every imaginable OPI so I never did there. Thoughts!!

I'm totally calling that color 'Innoventions' What a fun color. I love that floor.

I bring my color - and sometimes I use theirs. Just depends. I always bring one - but if one catches my eye - Ill use theirs, instead. Make sense?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #295
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YAY!!!

What color gloss did you get?
I just got the most pale pink they had. I think it's called pink! It was the cheapest one, but I thought I would go less expensive until I see about the texture. I like it, it isn't sticky, just really hot at first!

The concealer is great. I think I learned that I have been using crap for concealer all my life!

I didn't think Sephora was too expensive either. I got three items for $46. I thought that was good. Of course there are lots of more expensive items than what I got, but that was a good start.

Next month maybe eyelash primer? What do you think?

Old 02-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #296
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:

Next month maybe eyelash primer? What do you think?
I think no. I think you should get Lash Injection that doesnt need a primer.

You know, we're still waiting on pics, Blondie.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #297
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think no. I think you should get Lash Injection that doesnt need a primer.

You know, we're still waiting on pics, Blondie.
OK, here's my lame excuse on that. I got home Friday and was going to have Nate take them and my batteries were low, so we put them on the charger, and we were going to do it later........weekend stuff......house cleaning.........hockey game........shopping at Sephora.........stuff goes on and I forget these things! I'll try to remember tonight!

I think I might need to try the smaller brush on the lash injection for my first try because everyone is talking so much about getting used to it, it's making me nervous. Why is it so hard to use?

Old 02-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #298
OK!
Dreams in
Moral of the story: generic rum = bad
that was my holy grail of the whole sale!

I'm not sure why it's hard to use...I actually didn't realize there were 2 variations in brush size with LI at first (the smaller-brushed one was the one I had the first time around, and I have the big brush now...I kinda thought it looked bigger, but wasn't 100% sure)...maybe that was the difference I'm experiencing now. The big brush has been a LOT easier for me to use, FWIW. It does take a little careful maneuvering to get the teeny lashes, but it's not impossible by any means.
WDW: 1979, 1982, 1985, Nov. 1987, Aug. 1991 (Doubletree), May 1995 (Doubletree), Oct. 1997 (Dixie Landings), Nov. 2001 (Port Orleans Riverside), Dec. 2002 (Dolphin), Dec. 2004 (Port Orleans Riverside), Jan. 2006 (Beach Club Villas), Aug. 2006 (VWL/BCV), Dec. 2006 (BCV/BWV), Jan. 2008 (BCV): ˝ Marathon trip!, May 2008 (BCV): graduation trip!, Dec. 2008 (BCV), Jan. 2009 (BCV): ˝ Marathon trip!, May 2009: quickie weekend, Jan. 2010 (BWV): ˝ Marathon trip!, April 2010: 3 weeks in the World, Aug. '10: moved here for good
Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #299
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

I love this thread thanks to everyone

this is what I have learned -

1. it is ok to mix and match you don't have to stick with one brand! this is a biggy for me.

2. mascara I always used the cheapest if i could.

3. just b/c something is cheap doesn't mean it's the best for your skin even if it looks the same.

4. I NEED TO TAKE BETTER CARE OD MYSELF!!!

thanks

Old 02-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #300
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
!

I think I might need to try the smaller brush on the lash injection for my first try because everyone is talking so much about getting used to it, it's making me nervous. Why is it so hard to use?
Cuz the brush is so dang big. If it were me - just jump into the big brush. You get more for the money. It's not THAT hard - just harder, in the beginning.

And it seems 'thicker' than most mascara's - so you gotta work a little quicker.

You'll get used to it though.

Look at brush comparisons:

regular:

pin point:

This was my old favorites until I found Lash Injection. More than Mascara by Estee Lauder:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: