Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #271
LadyGracey
"If we can dream it, we can do it..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimR View Post
I have found that it takes some getting used to. I've been using it for a few days now and still have some problems with clumping, but it's getting better. I know it's my technique and not the mascara though because the 2nd eye always goes on much better than the first.
Me too. But I'm getting better at it--not nearly as clumpy as it was.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #272
My2Cinderellas
DIS Veteran

All right! I am in awe of the make up queens. I'm joining in to sit at the feet of the masters and learn... and ask for help.

I made the switch to mineral makeup about 3 years ago, and love it. The glowing reviews for everydayminerals and the cost savings are intriguing, but their website is overwhelming. I have no idea where to start ordering my 3 free sample colors and like the previous poster, then what formula do I get?

I'm using BE's Light, have dark red hair with caramel highlights (so much nicer with my skin than my natural dark brown shot thru with too much gray). Eyes are hazel green with lots of gold. In certain moods DH says they are cat yellow. Skin is fair with yellow undertones and lots of freckles. I burn very easily. I need foundation to cover up the blotchy ruddiness in my cheeks but don't want to hide the freckles too much.

I'lll also give the umpteenth plug for NARS Orgasm blush - very soft color, and as pink as I can go in blush.

I've given up on lipstick anymore, just go for the gloss. Favorite color is Smashbox 35MM.

Must have item to look finished - Smashbox Browtech in Auburn, to make my eyebrows match my hair. Really gives definition to my face too.

You all have convinced my to actually spend $$ on mascara on my next trip to Sephora, now help with the everydayminerals! THANKS!!!!!

"I'd like to stop people from passing off narrow-mindedness and intolerance as family values." - Alan Shore, Boston Legal
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #273
Miss Park Avenue
Work, work, work...she'll NEVER get her DIS done!
I'll take Ohana's any time!
Shared my sleeping bag with a lizard at FW

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Cinderellas View Post
All right! I am in awe of the make up queens. I'm joining in to sit at the feet of the masters and learn... and ask for help.

I made the switch to mineral makeup about 3 years ago, and love it. The glowing reviews for everydayminerals and the cost savings are intriguing, but their website is overwhelming. I have no idea where to start ordering my 3 free sample colors and like the previous poster, then what formula do I get?

I'm using BE's Light, have dark red hair with caramel highlights (so much nicer with my skin than my natural dark brown shot thru with too much gray). Eyes are hazel green with lots of gold. In certain moods DH says they are cat yellow. Skin is fair with yellow undertones and lots of freckles. I burn very easily. I need foundation to cover up the blotchy ruddiness in my cheeks but don't want to hide the freckles too much.

I'lll also give the umpteenth plug for NARS Orgasm blush - very soft color, and as pink as I can go in blush.

I've given up on lipstick anymore, just go for the gloss. Favorite color is Smashbox 35MM.

Must have item to look finished - Smashbox Browtech in Auburn, to make my eyebrows match my hair. Really gives definition to my face too.

You all have convinced my to actually spend $$ on mascara on my next trip to Sephora, now help with the everydayminerals! THANKS!!!!!
The make-up queens! I love it!

The ultimate make-up queen!

OK, I'm off to look at Smashbox Browtech. This sounds like something I'm in desperate need of.

(dd15) (me) (dh) (dd12)(Samantha)
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #274
KimR
DIS Veteran
Needs to lay off the Murder Mysteries before Dental Appointments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
I decided to re-read this thread....

What is your formula choice:
Semi-Matte
Matte
Intensive
Original Glo

And how does one decide what color they should buy? Is this line available at Sephora?

HAVE A BLAST and come back and post what you bought!!!
Personally, I like the matte because my skin tends to be oily and I don't like the shine. That's one reason I much prefer everyday minerals to bare escentials. Also, I don't need much covereage, so I have no need for the Intensive.

As for color - I don't have a lot of advice. I think the only place you can get EM is online, which makes it somewhat difficult. When I ordered mine, I read the descriptions and selected a few colors based on that and got lucky and found a perfect match the first time. Also, as we head into summer my face gets more color even though I religiously use a moisturizer with sunscreen (I tan very easily), so I will order a darker shade and mix to get the perfect match.

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #275
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

EM -

Their verbal descriptions give a much better idea of colors, rather than the 'swatches' of color.

I like the semi-matte - normally, for every single day. HOWEVER, for 'that time of the month' and when it's a sticky, humid day (or when I'm at WDW in that wretched heat) I mix it with intensive.

I like to mix them...I get the best coverage, without it looking too glossy, or too matte, that way.

Just keep in mind - you can order as many 'sample sets' as you want. That's a nice plus. And their customer service is great - if you need help picking out a color, just email them.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #276
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

WHERE IS THE GIRL LOOKING FOR THE JESSICA BIEL OSCAR SHOW LIP COLOR???

I just saw her on E - from the show. I would bet my left big toe, that she had on Clinique's Black Honey (or something EXTREMELY similar)

or this:

It's scary in the tube - stunning on the lips.

Last edited by CathrynRose; 02-23-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #277
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Reviews on Clinique's Black Honey -

Almost lipstick:
http://makeupalley.com/product/showr...k=&ItemId=6038

And

Glosswear for lips:
http://makeupalley.com/product/showr...ique/Lip_Gloss
Old 02-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #278
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Look at this picture, too:

Old 02-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #279
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

LOVING THE NEW THREAD TITLE! WE ARE THE QUEENS!

OK carry on!!!

KAR

Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #280
HARASW
DisneyWorld Addict

Hi!
I am so happy that I found this thread. I don't have time right now, but I will be reading through it in the next day or two.
I love makeup and can't wait to read what you all have to say and to post, too!
Have a good night!!
11/86 -Honeymoon-Off Property, 7/97-GF RPC, 7/98, 7/99, 7/00, 7/01, 7/02, 7/03, 7/04, 1/05 -GF SLC, 7/06, 7/07, 7/08 -WL CL,12/08 -BWI CL, 8/09-GF RPC, 7/10 - POLY CL, 5/11-BWI CL, 12/11-BWI CL, 6/12-BWI CL 10/12-BWI CL, 1/13-BWI CL, 8/13-BWI CL, 12/13-BWI CL, 6/14-BWI CL

Old 02-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #281
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

I'm having some dryness issues between my eye brows and a spot on my forehead just those two spots? i have switched my face cleanser but i think I have found the right one but every time i use lotion it's too oily./ now I know someone mention something to use but i can't remember thanks.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #282
LadyGracey

Makeup Queens! I love it!!!!

Going to get some NARS "O" tomorrow....but I am not taking my credit card into Sephora, lest it come out smoking.

Oh--about dryness: I have very, very, VERY oily/shiny skin, especially when the humidity gets up. There are 2 moisturizers I really like right now that aren't greasy or gross and don't make me shine too much, and both you can get at Target: Olay Complete Defense SPF 30 Facial Moisturizer (it is lightweight and has aloe & green tea in it so it is soothing) and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Intensive Anti-Aging SPF 20 (which actually has made my face somewhat smoother and healthier-looking). I also use the Olay Regenerist night cream in the evening (a very thin layer).
Old 02-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #283
LadyGracey

oh and Cathryn--I am trying out that Clinique lipgloss tomorrow! awesome. My credit card is already cowering in my wallet.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #284
sorcerormickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WHERE IS THE GIRL LOOKING FOR THE JESSICA BIEL OSCAR SHOW LIP COLOR???
That was me, lol. Geez you know how to get a girl's attention!!

Thanks for the info - I'll have to check it out!!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #285
sorcerormickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
Reviews on Clinique's Black Honey -

Almost lipstick:
http://makeupalley.com/product/showr...k=&ItemId=6038

And

Glosswear for lips:
http://makeupalley.com/product/showr...ique/Lip_Gloss

Wow - it has really good reviews everywhere I look! Looks like a great color for me as well - and a sheer - and not a goopy gloss!! Definately on my list to get next time out!!

THANKS CathrynRose!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: