Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #256
Miss Park Avenue
Work, work, work...she'll NEVER get her DIS done!
I'll take Ohana's any time!
Shared my sleeping bag with a lizard at FW

I'm divorced and studying to become a Surgical Technologist. I pass the instruments to the surgeon (among other things). Get ready for this I can only wear bare minimum makeup and absolutely NO nail polish or purfume when I am in the operating room . When I went to orientation and they told us this I almost said, "OK, nice knowing you." I see nurses with a full face on, but since I am a student they are more strict with me. If I show up with nail polish on, I'll get sent home. But it is really interesting work and on the bright side, it takes me about 30 minutes to get up and get out the door. Although by the end of the day I look like 20 miles of bad road.

Anyone here from Pittsburgh? I got some news! I went to Ulta (the one at the Plaza at the Point) to pick up the Lash Injection Layering kit. After that, I went to the Mall of Robinson 5 minutes away. This mall is about 30 minutes from my house. Anyway, as I was walking through the JCP I noticed a great big bare spot in the middle of the store, you know where they usually put the make-up department. I asked and you guessed it!!!! A Sephora is going in! No more driving an HOUR to get to the South Hills Village!

I know what you mean about Ulta's coupons. The good ones are so rare. One way I "test them out" is to shop online. I put what I want in the cart and put the code in. If it discounts, then it's a "good" coupon. I knew when I walked in I wouldn't get 20% off the Lash Injection. I needed a lighted mirror so I used it on that.

I rarely buy online though. I can't stand waiting around for my package to come.

(dd15) (me) (dh) (dd12)(Samantha)
Old 02-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #257
sorcerormickey
DIS Veteran

Jessica Biel's lip color on the Oscars is perfect for me! Exactly what I am looking for!!!
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #258
OK!
Dreams in
Moral of the story: generic rum = bad
that was my holy grail of the whole sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
Thats a shame. I hate when stuff doesnt smell the same on you, after a while. I remember years ago I loved Chloe Narcisse (do they still make that?)

All of a sudden one day I was like WHAT is that SMELL?!? It was *me*!!! Smelled like butt.
I used to *love* Narcisse! I don't remember having seen it anywhere recently, unfortunately...that's one I wouldn't mind smelling again. It'd take me back to 1991 instantly.
WDW: 1979, 1982, 1985, Nov. 1987, Aug. 1991 (Doubletree), May 1995 (Doubletree), Oct. 1997 (Dixie Landings), Nov. 2001 (Port Orleans Riverside), Dec. 2002 (Dolphin), Dec. 2004 (Port Orleans Riverside), Jan. 2006 (Beach Club Villas), Aug. 2006 (VWL/BCV), Dec. 2006 (BCV/BWV), Jan. 2008 (BCV): ½ Marathon trip!, May 2008 (BCV): graduation trip!, Dec. 2008 (BCV), Jan. 2009 (BCV): ½ Marathon trip!, May 2009: quickie weekend, Jan. 2010 (BWV): ½ Marathon trip!, April 2010: 3 weeks in the World, Aug. '10: moved here for good
Old 02-23-2009, 06:02 AM   #259
LadyGracey
"If we can dream it, we can do it..."

Quote:
ULTA ANGER

That being said.... I still bought the Lash Injection set, my Bourjois lipgloss AND got a .01 free bare minerals sample, with a super cute, itty bitty Kabuki brush!
I read that coupon and was sad. Really--I can get the non-good stuff cheaper at Wal-Mart, so why would I want to get it at Ulta? Makes no sense. AND my Ulta didn't give me any free samples with my $40 worth of stuff I bought! That's why I like Sephora soooo much better.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 AM   #260
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

Has anybody tried the WEN hair care line? I saw an infomercial for it yesterday while we were painting, and got intrigued. I have dry curly hair, so I'm always on the lookout for the perfect product.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:19 AM   #261
OK!
Dreams in
Moral of the story: generic rum = bad
that was my holy grail of the whole sale!

All right, so I'd tried Lash Injection before and wasn't a huge fan of it (it seemed to clump a lot on me), but since so many people here were raving about it, I decided to give it another go. LOVE IT! Maybe the tube I had before was older or something, but this one didn't clump in the slightest! Yay, I'm so glad I read the thread.
WDW: 1979, 1982, 1985, Nov. 1987, Aug. 1991 (Doubletree), May 1995 (Doubletree), Oct. 1997 (Dixie Landings), Nov. 2001 (Port Orleans Riverside), Dec. 2002 (Dolphin), Dec. 2004 (Port Orleans Riverside), Jan. 2006 (Beach Club Villas), Aug. 2006 (VWL/BCV), Dec. 2006 (BCV/BWV), Jan. 2008 (BCV): ½ Marathon trip!, May 2008 (BCV): graduation trip!, Dec. 2008 (BCV), Jan. 2009 (BCV): ½ Marathon trip!, May 2009: quickie weekend, Jan. 2010 (BWV): ½ Marathon trip!, April 2010: 3 weeks in the World, Aug. '10: moved here for good
Old 02-23-2009, 08:06 AM   #262
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

ok think i might have to try the lash injection myself.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:06 AM   #263
KimR
DIS Veteran
Needs to lay off the Murder Mysteries before Dental Appointments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK! View Post
All right, so I'd tried Lash Injection before and wasn't a huge fan of it (it seemed to clump a lot on me), but since so many people here were raving about it, I decided to give it another go. LOVE IT! Maybe the tube I had before was older or something, but this one didn't clump in the slightest! Yay, I'm so glad I read the thread.
I have found that it takes some getting used to. I've been using it for a few days now and still have some problems with clumping, but it's getting better. I know it's my technique and not the mascara though because the 2nd eye always goes on much better than the first.

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #264
shirleyb
I'm a lot funnier in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Park Avenue View Post
I'm divorced and studying to become a Surgical Technologist. I pass the instruments to the surgeon (among other things). Get ready for this I can only wear bare minimum makeup and absolutely NO nail polish or purfume when I am in the operating room . When I went to orientation and they told us this I almost said, "OK, nice knowing you." I see nurses with a full face on, but since I am a student they are more strict with me. If I show up with nail polish on, I'll get sent home. But it is really interesting work and on the bright side, it takes me about 30 minutes to get up and get out the door. Although by the end of the day I look like 20 miles of bad road.
I can't wear anything on my nails at work either, or any jewelry. The good news is, it's one less thing to think about when getting ready, and I don't spend any money on manicures!

It's not the rain that matters, it's how you dance in it.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #265
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimR View Post
I have found that it takes some getting used to. I've been using it for a few days now and still have some problems with clumping, but it's getting better. I know it's my technique and not the mascara though because the 2nd eye always goes on much better than the first.
It takes some getting used to.

Try rolling the wand on a paper towel (not a tissue - tissue's have fibers) before you apply, until you get more used it it.

It's one of those 'better with practice' things.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #266
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyb View Post
I can't wear anything on my nails at work either, or any jewelry. The good news is, it's one less thing to think about when getting ready, and I don't spend any money on manicures!
I do not wear any polish either. I used to have acrylics but they did a number on my nails. I removed them Nov 2006 and in the two years that I have not been wearing them my nails look wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely undeniably LOVE acrylics. I love a French manicure. And maybe one day soon I will go back to them....maybe for Chris' wedding??? But that being said, I get a manicure EVERY WEEK. The cost $20.00. I have them BUFF my nails. They look amazing. I just love the way a professinal manicure cleans up your nails. In MA I got my weekly manicure with clear or a very soft pink polish BUT in CA they buff them until they SHINE!!!

KAR

Old 02-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #267
momrek06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie View Post
Ok, I have another concern...

Dryness under my eyes. I will be 50 this year.

I have tried a few under eye moisturizers, but have to keep applying through the day, because it dries up on me.
I can't really even find a concealer that works because they tend to dry too!
kimmie!!!

I use HOME HEALTH NATURAL VITAMIN E OIL. Yup, I buy it at Whole Foods. It costs $5.00 for 1oz. From their website:
Product Description
Natural Vitamin E Oil is readily asborbed through the skin, and regular use leaves skin looking and feeling softer. This natural Vitamin E is especially good for those seeking a soothing emollient for dry skin. You can rely on Home Health™ to deliver the natural health products your family deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbelle View Post
I like the NARS blush because it has a very natural look and goes on very easily. I barely put any product on my brush and end up with the right coverage, usually, without adding more. My favorite color is the "O" and from reading reviews I think that's a color that's flattering for many different skin tones/colors.

From the NARS website as they described "O"!!!
Consistently voted the best blush on the market by both beauty industry professionals and consumers alike. A must-have for all skin tones.

I will be checking that out for sure!!!!

DH & I own an engineering company in MA. We secured a job out here in CA and decided to leave MA "temp" to come to CA to work. The job is amazing and we will be here for the better part of 5 years. AND the way this winter has been back East....we may lay down some roots here for sure. You just cannot beat this weather here in SoCal. So we spend our days AND nights telecommuting back and forth with our MA office. We miss our families back East but with this economy as it is, this job could not have come at a better time.

KAR

Old 02-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #268
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Morning! OK I'm going to Sephora! Remember I was the one who sheepishly posted last week that I have never been. I have the day off and the house is mostly clean, so I'm going to head out to the mall. I just wish I could decide what to get! I'm thinking a new under eye concealer and maybe the eyeshadow primer. Maybe a new lip gloss! Wish me luck!

Old 02-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #269
momrek06

Quote:
Ummm - have you tried www.everydayminerals.com ?

I like them WAY better than Bare Minerals - and theyre cheaper and their color selection is awesome AND you can get a generous free sample to start with for only $4 shipping.
I decided to re-read this thread....

What is your formula choice:
Semi-Matte
Matte
Intensive
Original Glo

And how does one decide what color they should buy? Is this line available at Sephora?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTDreams View Post
Has everyone seen the new Hello Kitty MAC line??
http://www.maccosmetics.com/

Wicked cool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec5girl View Post
Morning! OK I'm going to Sephora! Remember I was the one who sheepishly posted last week that I have never been. I have the day off and the house is mostly clean, so I'm going to head out to the mall. I just wish I could decide what to get! I'm thinking a new under eye concealer and maybe the eyeshadow primer. Maybe a new lip gloss! Wish me luck!
HAVE A BLAST and come back and post what you bought!!!

KAR

Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #270
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

ok decided to order another sample kit to make sure of the foundation shade i need. thanks for the idea

i would like to know as well what is the best formula as well and why.

What is your formula choice:
Semi-Matte
Matte
Intensive
Original Glo

thanks everyone you have been a great help!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: