Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #211
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom1 View Post
has anyone tried the olive shades in the EM i was thinking about the olive fair or medium but not sure. this the $34 kit you get one foundation and jsut wanted to make sure I was ordering the right color. thanks
Before I used Buttered Tan - I used one of the Olive's. Let me go look which one.

I *think* it was the Golden Medium. I know I got one of them once, and it was much too green.

I also tried BUff - Beige Neutral. But the best one for me, thus far - has been the Buttered Tan. I think the Golden Medium was okay, though.

If you wanna send me a PM - Ill give you my email and Ill suggest colors for you. Ive done that before for a couple people.

You can always order another sample kit. Thats what I would do, if I were you.

Last edited by CathrynRose; 02-21-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #212
KimR
DIS Veteran
Needs to lay off the Murder Mysteries before Dental Appointments!

I might have to try that eyelash curler bengalbelle mentioned. I think subscribing to this thread is going to turn out to be very expensive before it's all over!

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #213
kimmie
Sometimes I have senior moments ya know
The TF's are busy people and we are restricting posters to a one tag maximum :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimR View Post
I might have to try that eyelash curler bengalbelle mentioned. I think subscribing to this thread is going to turn out to be very expensive before it's all over!

Thanks Kim for the tip on heating the eyelash curler!

I wonder if Ulta will have a copuon in the Sunday paper?
Old 02-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #214
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
No kidding.

Thankfully we are not on the Budget Board. However, we did mention the ULTA 20% off coupon.... doesnt that count for anything?
Old 02-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #215
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbelle View Post
I don't have this (I am going to buy it eventually) but this lash curler is the one I always seen mentioned in magazines: http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70

Our Sephora and Ulta opened about the same time. I tried Ulta because they often include coupons in the Sunday circular, but it just seemed like a big drugstore to me. It wasn't nearly as nice as Sephora. In fact I couldn't find one thing to use my coupon on.

Maybe ours isn't as nice as others, but I don't see any reason to go back.

I agree with you about ULTA. Sephora is my store of choice, but I'll run to Ulta for salon shampoo and when I need an OPI.

It's still good for some stuff (I found a FAKE BAKE set after Christmas, normally around $50 for FOUR DOLLARS!! When she rang it up I about fainted!)

ALways check ULTA's clearance aisle. They almost always have something worth getting.

Quote:

A tip for those of you who use the urban decay eyeshadow primer. I saw previous poster recommending cutting the tube down the middle. Another option is to take the little stopper thing off and that will allow you to get the rest of the product out. It takes a little bit of work to get that thing off, but that way the bottle isn't destroyed and you can still screw the top back on. I really don't understand why they designed the container that way. Yes, it's pretty but it's very impractical!

I agree with you. SO many products are this way though... makes no sense. Loreal's shadow primer is what I used before Too Faced - and the wand wasnt long enough to get to the bottom. YOu could see like a good quarter inch of stuff in there, you couldnt get to. I finally popped that top thing off (like you suggested) and stuck a thin concealer brush in there. That tube lasted a good month longer.

And you guys know the lipstick trick, right? When you get to the bottom of a lipstick, there is still a LOT left in there. A LOT!!! So, I bought disposable eyeshadow sponge applicators (they look like a little matchbook - sold by like the sponges, and nailfiles, and Sally Hansen area) You can stick one of those into the lipstick (especially when it's a discontinued shade!!! You must get it all out!!!) Anyways...you can apply it with the sponge thing, stick it into the lipstick and twirl it back down like you are closing it - and it will fit in the tube.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #216
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

So I have decided to try going back to lipstick. I haven't worn it in ages. I have fairly big lips so I always feel really obvious when I wear it but my new boss wore RED the other day and it got me itching to get back into it. So today at Target I bought:

Revlon "Cherries in the Snow"

Maybelline Volume XL "Born With It"

And

Covergirl Outlast Lipstain "Bit of Blossom"

I wanted all different kinds and colors to give me an idea what I like and don't like since its been years since I wore lipstick.

And I know its not makeup but I also bought some of the Smooth away pads that you use to buff the hair off of your legs. I freaking LOVE them!!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #217
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
Before I used Buttered Tan - I used one of the Olive's. Let me go look which one.

I *think* it was the Golden Medium. I know I got one of them once, and it was much too green.

I also tried BUff - Beige Neutral. But the best one for me, thus far - has been the Buttered Tan. I think the Golden Medium was okay, though.

If you wanna send me a PM - Ill give you my email and Ill suggest colors for you. Ive done that before for a couple people.

I use buttered tan too but this past re-order I got a sample of one of the olive shades. Not sure which one...Light olive I think. I haven't tried it yet though.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #218
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
GUESS WHHHHHUUUUUUT???

I JUST got my mail and in my mail is an ULTA coupon (check your mail, chickies - it's in those junk mail 'local value' things.

20% off one item. My item shall be the Lash Injection set.
CR do they let you use the 20 percent on things like Lash Injection? I thought it was just the drug store brands. I hate my ULTA. Once I was there and about to purchase 140 worth of product. I did not have my coupon and asked if I could have the coupon from the circular on the counter. The idiot manager said no. So he let me walk out on a 140 order just to save himself a crummy 3.50. I am trying not making a genralization but what the heck is a guy who is straight managing a make up store for anyway??? What the heck does he even know about make up? He wears an Ulta shirt that is a mess and not in a stylized way. So I now boycott ULTA BUT maybe I can swollow my pride just this once for the Lash Injection. I swore I would never return.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #219
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
I agree with you about ULTA. Sephora is my store of choice, but I'll run to Ulta for salon shampoo and when I need an OPI.

It's still good for some stuff (I found a FAKE BAKE set after Christmas, normally around $50 for FOUR DOLLARS!! When she rang it up I about fainted!)

ALways check ULTA's clearance aisle. They almost always have something worth getting.

I agree with you. SO many products are this way though... makes no sense. Loreal's shadow primer is what I used before Too Faced - and the wand wasnt long enough to get to the bottom. YOu could see like a good quarter inch of stuff in there, you couldnt get to. I finally popped that top thing off (like you suggested) and stuck a thin concealer brush in there. That tube lasted a good month longer.
And you guys know the lipstick trick, right? When you get to the bottom of a lipstick, there is still a LOT left in there. A LOT!!! So, I bought disposable eyeshadow sponge applicators (they look like a little matchbook - sold by like the sponges, and nailfiles, and Sally Hansen area) You can stick one of those into the lipstick (especially when it's a discontinued shade!!! You must get it all out!!!) Anyways...you can apply it with the sponge thing, stick it into the lipstick and twirl it back down like you are closing it - and it will fit in the tube.

The cosmetics companies do it on purpose, it makes you think you need more, kind of like planned obselescence.

I just wanted to comment on Make Up for Ever. I have the concelier and it is just okay. As a matter of fact I forgot I had it until I looked at this thread. I also have the pan of conceilers that range from purple to flesh tone. I do not really like them all that much either. They are expensive but I think that they are a really hard to apply even with a sponge.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #220
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK! View Post
Crap, I just threw one of those circulars away yesterday!
Me too and in keeping with my boycott of Ulta I do not even read them.....well I lie I do read them but then I justify why I do not want any of their make up because I like Sephora better.

Oh by the way I live in MA and they are opening a new Nordstroms here in April. I work with someone whose daughter went to one of the Ma Nordstroms openings this year and she got a ton of make up. She had a dozen different companies make her up and I guess on the store opening they GIVE you what they use. She just went to the LRM and washed her face inbetween. I am definately going when the one near me opens, I will call in sick b/c as Catherine Rose can tell you nothing makes me happier than free make up(of high quality)
Old 02-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #221
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

Quote:

Cool thank you I think I jsut might do that thanks I appreciate the help I will pm you maybe a little later ok.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #222
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelhalo View Post

And I know its not makeup but I also bought some of the Smooth away pads that you use to buff the hair off of your legs. I freaking LOVE them!!

CHerries in the Snow is such a pretty red!

Do those pads work??? For real??? I need to get me some!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
CR do they let you use the 20 percent on things like Lash Injection? I thought it was just the drug store brands. I hate my ULTA. Once I was there and about to purchase 140 worth of product. I did not have my coupon and asked if I could have the coupon from the circular on the counter. The idiot manager said no. So he let me walk out on a 140 order just to save himself a crummy 3.50. I am trying not making a genralization but what the heck is a guy who is straight managing a make up store for anyway??? What the heck does he even know about make up? He wears an Ulta shirt that is a mess and not in a stylized way. So I now boycott ULTA BUT maybe I can swollow my pride just this once for the Lash Injection. I swore I would never return.
What a jack!!!! I would have done the same thing. Wiener.

It used to be no 'high end' stuff, but they changed it. You can get the good brands now, too.

Who needs 20% a $5 lipstick, y'know?? Big whoop!

But if you go - don't you forget your coupon! Mr Wonderful certainly wont let you use his.

Quote:
Me too and in keeping with my boycott of Ulta I do not even read them.....well I lie I do read them but then I justify why I do not want any of their make up because I like Sephora better.

Oh by the way I live in MA and they are opening a new Nordstroms here in April. I work with someone whose daughter went to one of the Ma Nordstroms openings this year and she got a ton of make up. She had a dozen different companies make her up and I guess on the store opening they GIVE you what they use. She just went to the LRM and washed her face inbetween. I am definately going when the one near me opens, I will call in sick b/c as Catherine Rose can tell you nothing makes me happier than free make up(of high quality)
NEAT!!!! Your g/f is a smart cookie!! Be sure to post what you get - FUN!!!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #223
Angelhalo

Quote:
CHerries in the Snow is such a pretty red!

Do those pads work??? For real??? I need to get me some!!
YES!!! I love them! I used to use them in college back before they were smooth away. I used to buy them at Wal-Mart for cheap, then all of the sudden they disappeared. Their patent must have run out or something. I loved them. So when I saw Smooth Away I was like I MUST have them!!! When I saw them at Target today I swooped them up!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #224
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

I got some Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation yesterday and tried it this morning (had a coupon). Oh my gosh! It has worked perfectly all day! I have not touched up powder even ONCE all day, no shine, just a smooth natural looking face. It is so silky and the shade even matched. So, hooray! I think the Clinique Perfectly Real makeup was just too creamy and thick, even though it's oil free.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #225
Miss Park Avenue
Work, work, work...she'll NEVER get her DIS done!
I'll take Ohana's any time!
Shared my sleeping bag with a lizard at FW

Quote:

ALways check ULTA's clearance aisle. They almost always have something worth getting..
I agree. Sephora is more high end. But (for me anyway) Ulta is closer. And they have the biggest selection of OPI nail color of anywhere I have ever seen. And you all know by now what started me on this make-up kick. I can buy a bottle of OPI and a bottle of polish remover for $7.30 when I use the $3.50 coupon they are always circulating. They have a great selection of salon hair products that I don't see at my sephora either.

Quote:
Yeah, tell us more about the 20% off coupons! So many of their coupons are so limited. But the 20% ones can be sometimes be really good. I hope it's in the Sunday paper. Maybe they'll email them out (you guys are all on Ulta's email list right?) They had a friends and family a few weeks ago that made me sick 20% off just about everything! I couldn't buy a thing. I don't buy on credit, but man I tell you I was tempted to pull a card out that time.

And Bella I hope you dropped all those products right in front of him! On the counter of course (no need to take it out on the make-up ). That is unreal.

(dd15) (me) (dh) (dd12)(Samantha)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: