Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #2071
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post

Buxum Lip Gloss - I'm not sold on this product. The color is pretty and I like the shine, but I don't think my lips are any plumper while wearing it. I really can't tell a difference between this $18 gloss and my $4 lip gloss. Maybe my lips are just not sensitive enough to whatever the ingredient is that swells your lips....

Think that's it.... Like I said before, my next purchase will be a quality eye shadow. I just don't know what color to go with or brand? I have very dark brown eyes (almost black).... what would you all suggest for eye color?
I wish you'd try the Lip Fusion. I didn't think Buxom worked that well, either - but I'm seriously addicted to Lip Fusion. At $25-$38 a pop - it's an expensive addiction, but I truly have found my holy grail glosses.

Are you near a Sephora? Try one out. Really load it on your lips, and walk around the mall with it, and see what you think. ALSO - Sephora will return used products, so try it a couple weeks.

I've found it has increased my lip size with continued use, as well. The stuff rocks my world.

If it were me, with really brown eyes, I'd be using taupey's. Warm yummy taupes, and creams, and chocolates. You'd like that set I bought from Too Faced.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #2072
Chelmarie53
Undercover Princess

Hey all, I'm hoping somebody in this thread can give me some advice.

I have some pretty heavy acne scarring on parts of my face that is easily covered by foundation in regular weather, but I'm worried that the kind I use currently (Neutrogena) will simply melt off down in the hot Florida sun. That and I don't really love the feel of liquid foundation in hot weather. I'm thinking of buying some type of mineral foundation but I'm doubtful that it'll suffice to cover my scars.

Anybody have any tips for covering acne scars?
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #2073
BeenHereB4
I'm not really new :)

ChelMarie - I'm no expert, but I've been in your shoes (still am to some extent too ). The product I've had the best luck with - in heat, cold, rain, whatever - is Dermablend. That stuff will cover anything. It is available at Macys, JCP, etc. and is not terribly expensive.

I also heard that Kat Von D's new coverup is great, but with my sensitive skin, I won't try it for fear of a mega breakout (which I did get with the mineral foundation from BE as well).

Hope this helps a tad.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #2074
Miss Park Avenue
Work, work, work...she'll NEVER get her DIS done!
I'll take Ohana's any time!
Shared my sleeping bag with a lizard at FW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post

Yeah - my lips are still pretty ticked at you about that swap. OOWWEEEE! Good lord. I should just take a jabenero pepper and smear it on my lips.

Good to know they have that set, again. I loved that one. Guess where I gotta go tomorow.
Don't say I didn't warn you! Who was it that said it was like getting smacked in the lips with a baseball bat?

OK, I'm sold. I'll have to give lip fusion a try. I see it at my Ulta. I'll have to get it with the college ID discount (first Tues of every Month for those with college IDs!).

I painted my nails with the Argentini Pinkini today. Very pretty!

(dd15) (me) (dh) (dd12)(Samantha)
Old 08-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #2075
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Loving this thread which I just found!

I have two questions and two tips...

Does anyone use MAC tinted moisturizer? I want to try some for outside events but I need some coverage - lots of colors on this face in the morning that aren't good

Anyone have good stay on lipstick that doesn't dry?

Tips...

I use MAC paints in untitled as an eyeshadow base. I only use MAC eyeshadows over it but it stays on forever. Perfect eyes after 14 hours and I am always hot and sweat from my head.

I have also recently discovered MAC Liquidlast liner. I was using fluidline but tried this and love it - it does not come off. No smudging, no flaking and my eyes run a ton from allergies. I have to take it off with eye makeup remover. I take the rest of the eye makeup off with makeup wipes and the liner is still intact...
Old 08-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #2076
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelmarie53 View Post
Hey all, I'm hoping somebody in this thread can give me some advice.

I have some pretty heavy acne scarring on parts of my face that is easily covered by foundation in regular weather, but I'm worried that the kind I use currently (Neutrogena) will simply melt off down in the hot Florida sun. That and I don't really love the feel of liquid foundation in hot weather. I'm thinking of buying some type of mineral foundation but I'm doubtful that it'll suffice to cover my scars.

Anybody have any tips for covering acne scars?
Hi! Welcome!

Have you tried using a primer (the monistat works great!) With a mineral makeup ( I personally like www.everdayminerals.com - intensive and/or matte for humid florida)

You can try it before you go. EverydayMinerals has really generous samples they'll send you for only shipping....$4. And I find that mineral makeup stays on much, much better than liquid in humidity.

Order a sample, turn your shower on hot and sit in the bathroom and read a magazine and see how it works for you and report back to us.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:50 AM   #2077
mystikgarden
DIS Veteran

I just found out the Urban Decay has come back with there Book of Shadows if any one is interested. Also if you are signed up for there newsletter they are getting ready to send out codes for the friends and family sale!!

Here's a picture of the Book of Shadows.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #2078
rottiemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenHereB4 View Post
I also heard that Kat Von D's new coverup is great, but with my sensitive skin, I won't try it for fear of a mega breakout (which I did get with the mineral foundation from BE as well).
Kat Von D's coverup IS great but if the choices don't match your skin tone you're out of luck. It was TERRIBLE on me, I think there was more of a yellow tone to it than my skin had so it looked more like creepy plastic doll skinn (that didn't match my skin tone). You can check out all of the shades at Sephora & see if one works for you.

Question- Does anyone use the Rareminerals nighttime treatment? I have a sample that I've been using for the past 5 nights & I'm torn. First thing in the morning after a night with this stuff my pores are so big that they look like craters ! But once I wash my face & tone...pouf, they're gone. Anyone been using this stuff long term? AM crater pores aside it seems to be helping to even out my skin tone & urging those pesky milia up & on their way.

When life hands you lemons, turn them into sour mix & make a pitcher of glowtinis.

"Is there pixie dust on the Darkside?" cramming SW/AQ/OU/IOA/LL into five days PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...8#post49023778
Old 08-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #2079
msminniemouse
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know where you can find the old version of OPI My Private Jet? Trade Secret has the newer version, but I think the old version is better.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #2080
JustcallmeHappy
Mouseketeer

I am so not happy with the results of BE (I think that is the brand of it, I got it off of Sephora.com) I swear everytime I wear it you can totally see my pores
What on earth am I doing wrong?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #2081
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyforDisney3 View Post
Make sure you hide the credit card first! This thread can be expensive. Just ask Threeboysmom, she knows.
You're not kidding. You all are killing me. I have a list about 20 products I want to buy still from this thread alone...

Quote:
The tube is the shadow primer that I initially went there to buy in the 1st place! The shadow *is* awfully nice. It's supposed to be infused with the shadow insurance primer - and it lasts. It really does. Nice set. I'd buy it again.
OK, I have to ask. Do you not like the monistat as an eye primer? Is this really better?

Quote:
I wish you'd try the Lip Fusion. I didn't think Buxom worked that well, either - but I'm seriously addicted to Lip Fusion. At $25-$38 a pop - it's an expensive addiction, but I truly have found my holy grail glosses.
OK OK you've twisted my arm. LipFusion is one of the products on my "to buy" list! Now I'm wondering if I should bring the Buxom lip gloss back to Sephora. I should... that takes half the price off the LipFusion.

And I have to wonder... Do you REALLY try the lip gloss right at the store? After others have put it to their lips??? I don't know.... that's kind of wigging me out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Park Avenue View Post
I painted my nails with the Argentini Pinkini today. Very pretty!
Another product I just added to my list.... Sigh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by missesdisney View Post
Tips...

I use MAC paints in untitled as an eyeshadow base. I only use MAC eyeshadows over it but it stays on forever. Perfect eyes after 14 hours and I am always hot and sweat from my head.
This has sold me. I need an eyeshadow that stays put. I looked up the MAC shadows and now I'm confused. I see eye shadow, paints, and paint pots (not interested in the others that were listed). What's the difference between these 3 products and which are you talking about? I really really need something that won't end up in my crease after an hour. I have yet to find a shadow that works. I prefer a cream rather than powder (especially loose powder! dealing with spills with my foundation alone is driving me nuts).

Question: Has anyone here personally tried Blinc Kiss Me Mascara? I was going to go with Lash Injection, but this one seems to be getting good reviews as well.

And.... I think that's it.... for now

Happy Make-upping!

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 A Mother's Hope

Currently reading: #14 Perfect People

Last edited by threeboysmom; 08-11-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #2082
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by msminniemouse View Post
Does anyone know where you can find the old version of OPI My Private Jet? Trade Secret has the newer version, but I think the old version is better.

Doesn't that tick you off? I was so angry about it. I lost my original My Private jet, so I bought another one. Was not the same - at all - .

So, I started Googling the issue (who Googles nail polish color issues??? ) and found out a lot of people were complaining about it.

Anyways - I found Color Club Revvvolution. It's as good as My Private Jet - if not better. And cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustcallmeHappy View Post
I am so not happy with the results of BE (I think that is the brand of it, I got it off of Sephora.com) I swear everytime I wear it you can totally see my pores
I don't care for BE, at all. Are you using a primer, first?

If you are using a primer, I would try www.everydayminerals.com , instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post

OK, I have to ask. Do you not like the monistat as an eye primer? Is this really better?

Yes. I like Too Faced's Shadow Insurance better than the Monistat, as far as an eye shadow primer, goes.

OK OK you've twisted my arm. LipFusion is one of the products on my "to buy" list! Now I'm wondering if I should bring the Buxom lip gloss back to Sephora. I should... that takes half the price off the LipFusion.

I would take it back. If you dont like it, take it back!

And I have to wonder... Do you REALLY try the lip gloss right at the store? After others have put it to their lips??? I don't know.... that's kind of wigging me out...

Sephora is pretty good about having trial's there, that you have to use a disposable applicator to try it.

That being said, I live right on the edge. I think all the things you touch in the mall are just as bad, anyways.

This has sold me. I need an eyeshadow that stays put.
Try shadow insurance. The stuff is amazing, IMO.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #2083
BeenHereB4
I'm not really new :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustcallmeHappy View Post
Could you be applying too much? You really have to layer the mineral foundations in light even layers - really tap of the excess on your brush before applying - and use the large circle application technique.

I didn't like BE and it caused a horrible reaction on me (read that as mega breakout and burn - )

Anyway, a lot of the girls prefer Everyday Minerals on this thread. I use Aromaleigh and have just started to try out The She Space (a/k/a About Face Cosmetics) and Meow Cosmetics as well. Cheaper too.

Good luck!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #2084
GoofyforDisney3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenHereB4 View Post
have just started to try out The She Space (a/k/a About Face Cosmetics) and Meow Cosmetics as well. Cheaper too.

Good luck!
Oh, do tell. Do you have links? Inquiring minds need to know.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #2085
msminniemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Doesn't that tick you off? I was so angry about it. I lost my original My Private jet, so I bought another one. Was not the same - at all - .

So, I started Googling the issue (who Googles nail polish color issues??? ) and found out a lot of people were complaining about it.

Anyways - I found Color Club Revvvolution. It's as good as My Private Jet - if not better. And cheaper.
Do you know what stores carry the Color Club revvolution, or does it have to be bought online?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: