Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #181
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

Woohoo dh just told me that next week I can order the EM kit the $34 one

I'm so excited he bought me the BE kit but it itches my face sometimes and I ahve been reserching EM and showed him and told him it was cheaper, I ordered the sample kit and have used it twice and this weekend I was going to really test it and this next week I will wear it too (dh wants me to test it the whole week first) but I know i'll order it!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #182
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom1 View Post

I'm so excited he bought me the BE kit but it itches my face sometimes and I ahve been reserching EM and showed him and told him it was cheaper, I ordered the sample kit and have used it twice and this weekend I was going to really test it and this next week I will wear it too (dh wants me to test it the whole week first) but I know i'll order it!
I love EM the only problem I find is there are so many colors from which to choose. As to the BE kit where did you get it? Sephora? Bring it back and tell them OR call the company and see if you can get a refund. BE is expensive. Even if you have to get a credit you can use it toward more make up.
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #183
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:

YAY!!! Check with us before you order. Ive had some stuff I dont like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
I love EM the only problem I find is there are so many colors from which to choose. As to the BE kit where did you get it? Sephora? Bring it back and tell them OR call the company and see if you can get a refund. BE is expensive. Even if you have to get a credit you can use it toward more make up.
Agreed!!! Do this,

You dont need a receipt for Sephora, either. Youll get store credit - but thats fine!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #184
cheermom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
YAY!!! Check with us before you order. Ive had some stuff I dont like.

Agreed!!! Do this,

You dont need a receipt for Sephora, either. Youll get store credit - but thats fine!!!
Cool!!! let me know what you have?
really? I used the foundations in the kit already but I have a full sixe foundation and mineral vail those are really the only things I that I think make my face itch right? will they take those back?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #185
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Cool!!! let me know what you have?
really? I used the foundations in the kit already but I have a full sixe foundation and mineral vail those are really the only things I that I think make my face itch right? will they take those back?
Just bundle it all up and bring it to them. Make up has a huge mark up and the company will give them a credit on it. Even if they only give you a credit on half it is still better than throwing it away.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #186
cheermom1

Quote:
Just bundle it all up and bring it to them. Make up has a huge mark up and the company will give them a credit on it. Even if they only give you a credit on half it is still better than throwing it away.
thanks I'll try it. do have to have the receipt? I thought I read that you don't. thanks a ton ladies.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #187
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

My scent shelf:

Old 02-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #188
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Laila is a cool bottle. I wish it wasn't too floral. Maybe I'll get a sample and see.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #189
dec5girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My scent shelf:

I like the pink bottle to the left of the Clean also. What is that?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #190
cheermom1

I have a question how do i know what shade of foundation to get? I tried the buttered tan and it was the best match for the three samples I ordered the others were too light. But here is a kicker for you I have very dark brown hair and green eyes have been told that I have fair skin but I have found that I'm more in between light and medium. someone who has more experience with thier foundation if you help me out I'd appreciate it thanks

Old 02-20-2009, 10:07 PM   #191
cheermom1

Quote:
My scent shelf:

that is cool I might have to do one I have lost of body sprays but a few perfumes. thanks for the pic.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #192
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
I have a question how do i know what shade of foundation to get? I tried the buttered tan and it was the best match for the three samples I ordered the others were too light. But here is a kicker for you I have very dark brown hair and green eyes have been told that I have fair skin but I have found that I'm more in between light and medium. someone who has more experience with thier foundation if you help me out I'd appreciate it thanks
I use buttered tan!!!

I like to buy one intensive (or matte) and one semi-matte - and mix them as necessary (more humid days, etc)
Old 02-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #193
cheermom1

Quote:
I use buttered tan!!!

I like to buy one intensive (or matte) and one semi-matte - and mix them as necessary (more humid days, etc)
Cool

Old 02-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #194
Miss Park Avenue
Work, work, work...she'll NEVER get her DIS done!
I'll take Ohana's any time!
Shared my sleeping bag with a lizard at FW

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

Also where does everyone buy their make-up...Sephora's, Macy's, Nordstrom's or Walgreens, Target, CVS??? Where is the best value???
I'm 30 minutes away from an Ulta, an hour away from a Sephora (oh if only Ulta carried NARS???) the rest comes from Rite Aid, Target, or Walmart.

Speaking of Ulta and Sephora, which one has the best rewards program??? I just redeemed my reward certificate at Ulta last week. I was level three. I got OPI's Your Such a Kabuki Queen and an Ulta eyeliner in gold (which I tried and don't like but eh, it was free). I thought that was a pretty nice reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVEPFOX View Post
Looking for opinions... the best under eye cover up?
Well, the Benefit Lady put some Erase Paste on me a week ago and I just got it tonight at Sephora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
FYI ~ if you have a Facebook account join Sephora as a fan & you sometimes get "special" discount codes!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimR View Post
Hi all! Mascara Queen joining in to say I tried the mascara Cat recommended - Too Faced Lash Injection and she wasn't lying. This stuff is amazing! Really. It took me a while to get the hang of it because the consistency is very different from what I am used to, so my right eye is a little clumpy. However, the left went on much easier and my lashes now look fabulous!! I thought Fatale was the be-all and end-all of mascaras but I think I like this stuff better! And it is soooo much easier to apply.
KimR, you ARE the mascara queen. I only wish I had your skills.

Quote:
I didn't go into your lash thread till it was mention later but when i did it was awful i felt so bad for you i couldn't believe what i read. i thought while i don't spend that much time on my lashes who am i to say she shouldn't. i bet some of those people spend more time on something else that you don't spend that much time on kwim?
I said the exact same thing. People think nothing of sitting in front of a TV for hours on end. What does it matter how anyone else spends their time?

Quote:
So demanding.

Ummm - Ulta has it, Sephora has it, too. Sephora you can return it, if you dont like it. I dont know if you can do that at Ulta. Anyone know?
When I bought the Smashbox Softlights at Ulta, I asked and you can, with a receipt.

Quote:
Did anyone else pick up the MAC Disney lip balms when they were out?

I have 3 of them:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Health-beau...-200325856.htm

Is anyone interested in an 'Everyday, this is what I do' post, that we all have to post one?
What's that, like MUA's Face of the Day? I don't have enough stash to do anything like that, you'd see the same stuff every two or three days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
OK, my LOVELIES...I am off to Disneyland for the night and I am going to attempt a stop at Sephora in DTD!!!

I have all my notes with me!!! Have a great weekend!!!
A Sephora, IN Disneyland??? Could you just imagine the Sephora in DTD??? Basin didn't do anything for me either. But WDW does have the boutique in France.

Quote:
Since you said you did not read the whole thread, I want to tell you that if you want OPI polish get it at www.transdesigns.com or Head2Toebeauty.com it is only 465 a bottle but they also have the little special packs that you get in the store and they too are discounted. Even with the shipping it is cheaper than buying it at the store. Essie and China Glaze are also very very cheap. Essie is only 2.99 a bottle despite the fact it is like 7.50 in the stores.

I am going to warn you it is very ,very dangerous to order because you end up being able to get all the colors etc and it is easy to just click and put them in your car. I also need to tell you that in my experience and it is pretty substantial with these two websites, the product comes withing two days and I do not pay anything more than the cheapest shipping. I guess this really is not a warning but more of an enticement!
oooohhh thanks. I'm surprised no one has mentioned www.beautycrunch.com If you like Stila and Too Faced, you really should check it out. Shipping is steep, but right now if you order $50 or more in Stila shipping is free. And you get a LOT for fifty bucks. Stuff there is cheap! I never ordered but the girls at MUA say its on the up and up.

OK, now that I am totally caught up on this thread, I'll tell you what I got at Sephora tonight. Now, I never ever ever EVER buy this much at once, but I had some extra funds this month. And I'm going to be interviewing for jobs soon (just the excuse I needed to shop) and I got

NARS blush in SIN. I didn't get to see your suggestions before I left. Oh well, guess that means I'll have to go back and get Outlaw another time.

The aforementioned Benefit "Erase Paste".

Too Faced "Shadow Insurance". I had a teeni tiny sample and it lasted months. So it was time to get a full sized tube. Urban Decay's version doesn't appeal to me because the girls at MUA (I lurk there, never posted, I did create the same user name over there though only all together MissParkAvenue) say that it's too hard to get to the product down at the end of the bottle. Plus I'm happy with Too Faced.

And two Buxom Lips lip gloss, Dolly and Trixie. I think the Dolly will look nice with the Sin, and Trixie will look nice with Organism ("organism" hee hee)

Plus I got a suit for interviews, and some badly needed clothes for my girls. My debit card needs a cold shower.

(dd15) (me) (dh) (dd12)(Samantha)
Old 02-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #195
LadyGracey
"If we can dream it, we can do it..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTDreams View Post
Has anyone used Make Up Forever HD powder?

Yes! I was using it to set body makeup on a show I was working on. It works very well (I used the translucent kind) and kept my guy's makeup on even through sweat and costume changes. Worth the $$. I think I got it at Sephora?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: