Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #166
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

OK, my LOVELIES...I am off to Disneyland for the night and I am going to attempt a stop at Sephora in DTD!!!

I have all my notes with me!!! Have a great weekend!!!

KAR

Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #167
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMUA View Post
Milani makes a blush that is pretty much an exact duplicate of Nars "Organism". And it's less than $5.

I like the HIP line, too. There was LE MAC shadow that people were coveting like crazy a few years ago called Parrot. The turquoise-y side of the HIP shadow duo that has a turquoise-y color and blue-ish color is a very good dupe of Parrot.

Pigments - I have a bunch of them, many I got as Gratis while working at MAC, and some that I bought from CCO's. I'm willing to send out some sample containers to some folks if interested. I'll look through my stuff and post later which colors I have.
Ill have to check out the Parrot dupe.

Ive used the Milani "organism" too - youre right, it is a nice one.

And I have a lot of pigments too - I will send some out as samples, as well - if anyone wants.

Ill take pictures tonight, and post them.....

Yay!
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #168
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
That looks like something I would wear. I don't like a lot of the darker colors, but I love light pinky / peachy lip glosses.
Have you tried the Philosophy Bambi & Amber????
Old 02-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #169
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
OK, my LOVELIES...I am off to Disneyland for the night and I am going to attempt a stop at Sephora in DTD!!!

I have all my notes with me!!! Have a great weekend!!!
Alright - first off..... rubbing in the "Disneyland for the evening" comment is cruel. After all we've helped you with (re: makeup!) and this is the thanks we get?? I'm hurt!

That being said - THEY HAVE A SEPHORA AT DTD AT DISNEYLAND??? WTH IS WDW WAITING FOR???

I'd give up Basin like this *snap* for a Sephora. I dont even LIKE Basin!!!

You lucky duck!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #170
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
That looks like something I would wear. I don't like a lot of the darker colors, but I love light pinky / peachy lip glosses.
You know what you would like, and would look REALLY nice on you is NARS "organism" lip gloss.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #171
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

LOOK at this set!!!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70
Old 02-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #172
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
Alright - first off..... rubbing in the "Disneyland for the evening" comment is cruel. After all we've helped you with (re: makeup!) and this is the thanks we get?? I'm hurt!
That being said - THEY HAVE A SEPHORA AT DTD AT DISNEYLAND??? WTH IS WDW WAITING FOR???
Sorry, Doll!!! AND yes indeedy they absolutely do have a Sephora right there, right SMACK in the middle of Downtown Disney!!!

KAR

Old 02-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #173
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbelle View Post
I was afraid of that. I have a hard time getting much product on the applicator. I just bought it so I may return it.

I have small eyes and I use my finger to apply it, but I just barely squeeze and touch my finger to the end of the tube and it's usually enough. It really goes a long way.

For those of you using MAC or who plan to, do you know about Back to MAC? If you return (recycle) 6 empty primary packaging containers (like lipstick tubes, compacts, etc...not the boxes) you'll get a free lipstick.
http://www.maccosmetics.com/giving_b...packaging.tmpl

Sounds good but honestly and I ask this question of all of you how much of your make up do you actually use up before you are on to the next big thing? I will be honest really the only thing I use up is foundation (sometimes) and mascara. I nver use up my shadow etc much to my Dh's chagrin. He cannot understand why I need new make up when I have draws flled with it.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #174
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Park Avenue View Post
Can you believe I JUST found this thread??? And I knew it was coming!! Twenty four hours and it is already over 10 pages?!!! I told you that we needed our own little section of the DIS.

I wish I could read this whole thread but I am headed out to the mall as soon as dd12 gets home from school. I am new to the whole make-up buying thing. I mean, I've always worn make-up but I've taken a more "interest" (or maybe obsession) in it in the last year or so. It all started with an interest in taking care of my nails. After umpteen million trips to get yet another bottle of OPI (I have 20 bottles now), I've moved on to hair and makeup.

Things I like.

Nails:
Base coat: CND's Stickey start. It creates a stickey base for your color to adhere too.
Color: OPI: not because the color is so much better than any other. Just because I like how all the bottles match. I even bought the OPI train case to keep them all safe. Sick, I know.
Top coat: Seche Vite. I just got a free OPI top coat (with the purchase of two bottles of color) and it's not near as good as Seche. I'm going right back to Seche when this is out.

30 minutes spent on my nails and it will last for a week.

Make up:
Lips: Buxom Lips by Bare Escentuals. LOVE it I have Candi right now, and I want more. I just love the way it feels on my lips. I remember CathrynRose saying she didn't like it. But I guess its a personal thing. I put on an hour ago and it's still tingles.

Cheeks: NARS blush. I have the one that starts with "O" I don't know if I can put the name on here without points. I'm new to this item. I would like to get another color for variety. Any suggestions??? I'm headed to Sephora sooon. I also have a highlighter, Softlights by Smashbox in shimmer. Gives me a glowey "lit from within" look without settling in my wrinkles.

Mascara: Jury is still out on this one. Right now I am trying Maybelline's Full N Soft and the L'Oreal double extend. I had Too Faced Lash Injection. I liked it but I'm looking for something cheaper since I have to throw it out after three months. The most important thing is that it cannot smudge my undereye area.

Perfume: Chanel #5 Every time I'm at the mall, I spritz it on.

Hair: I like Redken's Blond Glam and Matrix Amplify XL. I just found Nexxus Color Ensure shampoo with a free tiny bottle of Color Assure conditioner at Rite Aid marked down to four bucks . Just got my hair colored so I am using that right now.

I have to go. I will come back and read the rest of this thread. I'm so glad I found you guys today! If I pick anything up tonight, I will let you know.
Since you said you did not read the whole thread, I want to tell you that if you want OPI polish get it at www.transdesigns.com or Head2Toebeauty.com it is only 465 a bottle but they also have the little special packs that you get in the store and they too are discounted. Even with the shipping it is cheaper than buying it at the store. Essie and China Glaze are also very very cheap. Essie is only 2.99 a bottle despite the fact it is like 7.50 in the stores.

I am going to warn you it is very ,very dangerous to order because you end up being able to get all the colors etc and it is easy to just click and put them in your car. I also need to tell you that in my experience and it is pretty substantial with these two websites, the product comes withing two days and I do not pay anything more than the cheapest shipping. I guess this really is not a warning but more of an enticement!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #175
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
Sounds good but honestly and I ask this question of all of you how much of your make up do you actually use up before you are on to the next big thing? I will be honest really the only thing I use up is foundation (sometimes) and mascara. I nver use up my shadow etc much to my Dh's chagrin. He cannot understand why I need new make up when I have draws flled with it.
Same as me. I rarely use up anything. Occasionally a shadow or a gloss.

Well no - I take that back - Ill use up blush too.

Quote:
Since you said you did not read the whole thread, I want to tell you that if you want OPI polish get it at www.transdesigns.com or Head2Toebeauty.com it is only 465 a bottle but they also have the little special packs that you get in the store and they too are discounted. Even with the shipping it is cheaper than buying it at the store. Essie and China Glaze are also very very cheap. Essie is only 2.99 a bottle despite the fact it is like 7.50 in the stores.

I am going to warn you it is very ,very dangerous to order because you end up being able to get all the colors etc and it is easy to just click and put them in your car. I also need to tell you that in my experience and it is pretty substantial with these two websites, the product comes withing two days and I do not pay anything more than the cheapest shipping. I guess this really is not a warning but more of an enticement!
WOW! Thanks! What a great thread!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #176
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by can84 View Post
That's the problem I have with so many of the red shades I know there has to be a good shade out there for me!
Red is so hard to use I have dark hair and eyes and the red should work okay but when it is in the tube it looks like true red but when I wear it I can see it is mixed witha blue and it is just not the right color. I have used them all Nars, Dior, Lancome, you name it I have tried it. What I did get and it was again at the Lancome outlet store was a a lip gloss that is not a garish red called Diva. They were 3 for ten so I got what else...six of them.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #177
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
Same as me. I rarely use up anything. Occasionally a shadow or a gloss.

Well no - I take that back - Ill use up blush too.

WOW! Thanks! What a great thread!!!!!!!!!!

I know I could talk make up all day. This is so much better than the political threads I spent so much time on this past November. Not stressful at all.
Now if we could somehow combine make up and the paranormal....well this would be the ultimate thread!
I always wanted to be a hair dresser and make up artist but I settled for teacher. I majored in art and I look at makeup the same way I do at paint

When you are in a public palce and you see a someone who does not look stylish or needs "help" with make up etc do you guys ever fantisize about making them over to make them look better? Is it just me? I would love to ambush make over most of the people with whom I work. I know I am bad but when some people walk around in a sweat suit and scuffy slippers in veunue where one needs to be professional....well it is just too much to bear for me.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #178
cheermom1
He NEVER EVER takes them out in public
I am not crazy just a spaz!

Quote:
[/B]
I know I could talk make up all day. This is so much better than the political threads I spent so much time on this past November. Not stressful at all.
Now if we could somehow combine make up and the paranormal....well this would be the ultimate thread!
I always wanted to be a hair dresser and make up artist but I settled for teacher. I majored in art and I look at makeup the same way I do at paint

When you are in a public palce and you see a someone who does not look stylish or needs "help" with make up etc do you guys ever fantisize about making them over to make them look better? Is it just me? I would love to ambush make over most of the people with whom I work. I know I am bad but when some people walk around in a sweat suit and scuffy slippers in veunue where one needs to be professional....well it is just too much to bear for me.
OMG me too there is this one women here in town that would be so very pretty if she would just take care of here self but alas I'll never get that opportunity

Old 02-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #179
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
[/B]

OMG! NO!!!! It's not just you!

I am NOT kidding - this afternoon I ran out for soup - and in the store was this man in one of those Fresh Prince colors, type coats. And Im thinking "Dude, you had to have had this coat for like 20 years!!!

I wanted to rip it off him and run away.

I almost posted a thread about it. Then decided against it.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #180
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermom1 View Post
OMG me too there is this one women here in town that would be so very pretty if she would just take care of here self but alas I'll never get that opportunity
When I was in college I used to take the train to school everyday. To make the time pass more quickly I would find someone and (in my head of course) think of what I could do to make them over.

My friends come to me and ask what to wear for make up and clothes too. When I tell them what looks best on them they say...no that is not me. I say,WHY did you ask. I have one friend she is like 5 11 and heavy. She insists on wearing khaki pants and a short sweater ski sweater and no make up. If you treat the body like a painting and apply some of the same principles you can dress well. I tell her to color block and wear long jackets to knees and pants to hide her problems and make her look slimmer vee neck and make up to draw the eye up with the verticle line. Does she do it...no.

OMG here is a tip...I know this is a make up thread but it all relates NEVER EVER wear khaki pants that are 1. too tight, 2. do not cover your a...because when you do you can see what you look like naked! Trust me I have seen this so many times and it is gross. I call it my , beige pants theory. I had a friend who did not listen to me. She took a group photo to give a friend who was leaving,in her tight beige pants...well when she saw herself she freaked. She looked naked and it was not pretty. She begged me to have my son either crop it or digitally fix it. I said NO way am I asking a 19 year old to fix the pants. I told her that it was a lesson to her and that I had told her repeatedly NOT to wear those pants. The photo hangs in the office of the friend who left for all to see. Some people just have to learn the hard way.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: