Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #151
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Park Avenue View Post

Cheeks: NARS blush. I have the one that starts with "O" I don't know if I can put the name on here without points. I'm new to this item. I would like to get another color for variety. Any suggestions??? I'm headed to Sephora sooon. I also have a highlighter, Softlights by Smashbox in shimmer. Gives me a glowey "lit from within" look without settling in my wrinkles.

Try NARS Outlaw. It looks too dark in the package - but it's not AND it lasts forever and ever - cuz it's such a nice deep shade. Very flushed look. I love it.

In the summer - I like Deep Throat - but it's honestly just a darker shade of Organism... you know what I'm saying.

OUTLAW:

(you know I looked for a picture, and none of them do it justice. Try it on, in person, at the store...it's a keeper.... the sales lady talked me into it, and Im so glad she did. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelhalo View Post
Ditto.

I can't find a mascara that I "love" to save my life. I just want one that doesn't cost a fortune and actually does what it says. For some reason my lashes are much thinner and shorter on my right eye than my left and I want something that is actually going to make them look fuller and longer.
Will you just go buy Lash Injection and be done with it already?!?!? **shake fist**
Old 02-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #152
bluesaturn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
You know how a primer primes the wall when you paint, well that is what shadow primer does. It evens the pallet so to speak. I like Urban Decay it is only 16.00 but even though that seems reasonable there is really very little product in the container. It is very deceptive.
When your Urban Decay Primer runs out, you should cut it open. As in, cut it vertically down the middle. I have yet to do this myself, but heard of people doing it and getting two little pots full of product out of it. It's because the bottle is shaped weird, so the applicator can't get everything. They were able to fish out like half the product. There's some youtube videos with instructions.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #153
can84
DIS Veteran

lipstick question

Can anyone recommend a great red lipstick? I'm pretty pale and can't find a great shade. Thanks!

Orlando ~ Australia ~ Ireland ~ Britain ~ France ~ Belgium ~ Scotland ~ Austria ~ Portugal ~ Switzerland ~ Italy
Old 02-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #154
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
Try NARS Outlaw. It looks too dark in the package - but it's not AND it lasts forever and ever - cuz it's such a nice deep shade. Very flushed look. I love it.

In the summer - I like Deep Throat - but it's honestly just a darker shade of Organism... you know what I'm saying.

OUTLAW:

(you know I looked for a picture, and none of them do it justice. Try it on, in person, at the store...it's a keeper.... the sales lady talked me into it, and Im so glad she did. )

Will you just go buy Lash Injection and be done with it already?!?!? **shake fist**

Where do i get it? I must have missed that somehow LOL! Now mail me my Lip Venom!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #155
NTDreams
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGracey View Post
The Pond's moist wipes are also good makeup removers, I keep them in my case when I'm in a show. Not like washing, but it takes off makeup well.

I also got some stuff from Ulta (can't remember what brand off-hand, I think it was Borjois) that is an eye-makeup remover in a tiny tube with a sponge, so you can fix mistakes without taking everything off. Nice when you're in a hurry.
I think the best makeup wipes hands down are No17 at Target. It takes everything off and doesn't leave you dry.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #156
Angelhalo
Ok I was like crap I'm breaking rules and I'm gonna get points and I didn't even know I was breaking rules!!! LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by can84 View Post
Can anyone recommend a great red lipstick? I'm pretty pale and can't find a great shade. Thanks!
I wish I could wear darker colors without feeling like people are looking at me like I am some sort of lunatic or a (rhymes with smore) I like dark colors but when I wear them i just feel so I don't know....obvious for lack of a better word....
Old 02-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #157
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Where do i get it? I must have missed that somehow LOL! Now mail me my Lip Venom!
So demanding.

Ummm - Ulta has it, Sephora has it, too. Sephora you can return it, if you dont like it. I dont know if you can do that at Ulta. Anyone know?
Old 02-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #158
NTDreams
Mouseketeer

Question Translucent Powder???

Has anyone used Make Up Forever HD powder?
Old 02-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #159
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Just some useful make up info!

I watched "The View" today and Barbara Walter's make up artist showed her top picks for make up under $10:

Foundation: Max Factor– $7.75 - This was a neat roll on, good for purse.

Eye Shadow: Ultimate Expression Wet N Wild Color Palate– $4.99

Eye Liner (Liquid): L'OREAL– $7.35

Mascara: Last Blast– $8.95 - I have this!

Eyelash: Andrea Modlash– $3.29

Blush: Revlon Powder Blush– $9.79

Highlighter: Black Radiance– $4.19 - this was very nice

Volumizer/Plumper: Physicians Formula Plumper and Lipstick Plumper– $9.95

Marker: Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain– $7.29 - this looked really cool!

Nail Polish: Nic's Sticks– $6.99 - tempted to try this
Old 02-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #160
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTDreams View Post
Has anyone used Make Up Forever HD powder?
I have never used any of the Make Up Forever line.

Lets check MUA.

Only at 60%:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...er/Foundations
Old 02-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #161
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily View Post
Just some useful make up info!

I watched "The View" today and Barbara Walter's make up artist showed her top picks for make up under $10:

Foundation: Max Factor– $7.75 - This was a neat roll on, good for purse.

Eye Shadow: Ultimate Expression Wet N Wild Color Palate– $4.99

Eye Liner (Liquid): L'OREAL– $7.35

Mascara: Last Blast– $8.95 - I have this!

Eyelash: Andrea Modlash– $3.29

Blush: Revlon Powder Blush– $9.79

Highlighter: Black Radiance– $4.19 - this was very nice

Volumizer/Plumper: Physicians Formula Plumper and Lipstick Plumper– $9.95

Marker: Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain– $7.29 - this looked really cool!

Nail Polish: Nic's Sticks– $6.99 - tempted to try this
Hmmm - interesting.

I know that me personally - there is a Cover Girl blush I always keep in my purse (cuz theyre so nice and small!) And I think it's rose - something.... but it's darn tootin' close to Nars "organism" .

And I personally love that Cover Girl makeup smell. Like Noxema.

But I have a HUGE problem with most drug store shadows. Theyre so unpigmented, I hate most all of them.

The Milani line is nice because it's for women of color, hence - more pigmented colors, so they show up.

Loreal's HIP line can be fun.

Oooo - are any of you into MAC's pigments??? We should all buy one - buy little containers for all of us, and swap them all out!!! KWIM? You never use a whole one - and we'd be able to get ALL of them!

The only one I ever did use all the way up, was Vanilla. It was SUCH a wonderful shade. A warm creamy white, that turned pink when it hit the light.

Has anyone used MAC's SHROOM shadow? That always gets killer reviews, and Ive never used it.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #162
can84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wish I could wear darker colors without feeling like people are looking at me like I am some sort of lunatic or a (rhymes with smore) I like dark colors but when I wear them i just feel so I don't know....obvious for lack of a better word....
That's the problem I have with so many of the red shades I know there has to be a good shade out there for me!

Orlando ~ Australia ~ Ireland ~ Britain ~ France ~ Belgium ~ Scotland ~ Austria ~ Portugal ~ Switzerland ~ Italy
Old 02-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #163
DizBelle
CSI: Can't Stand Idiots
Slimy yet satisfying?

fragrance - Philosophy Pure Grace. It is wonderfully clean. Not fruity, flowery, or spicy. Just super clean. Even better than the Clean brand of fragrances

remover/cleanser - Philosoply Purity Made Simple. Absolutely the best. Melts the makeup right off and leaves your face feeling really clean but not dry at all.

Now, what I need is a good concealer for darker circles. I've got the Tarte dark circle defense being shipped to me now so we'll see how that does.

I also have another problem that you may be able to help me with. I use Smashbox primer under my eyes under my concealer. Then I use my eyeliner over that (currently Maybelline unstoppable) but under one eye (just the one) I'm getting a smudge after a few hours. I think it is due to the eyeliner but I suppose it may be due to mascara. Any ideas?

Veni, vidi, Visa (I came, I saw, I shopped)

Some people should use a glue stick instead of chapstick.

====================================

====================================
Old 02-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #164
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Did anyone else pick up the MAC Disney lip balms when they were out?

I have 3 of them:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Health-beau...-200325856.htm

I wish I never would have actually USED them though - cuz the covers dont look as snazzy.

But - it was so good whipping 'em out. It was like my 2 most favorite things in the world came together... it was like the planets has aligned....all was at peace, and life was grand.

Ummm.... what else do I love. On the note of those little pots (above) MAC also has a clear 'lip conditioner' (in fact i think those balms are little tinted conditioner, anyways....) If I use that before bed every single night - my lips are NEVER EVER dry EVER. That stuff is worth it's weight in gold. I cant be without it. (am I the only one with lip balm in their night stand, who wont go to bed without it on? )

Is anyone interested in an 'Everyday, this is what I do' post, that we all have to post one?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #165
SingingMUA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
Hmmm - interesting.

I know that me personally - there is a Cover Girl blush I always keep in my purse (cuz theyre so nice and small!) And I think it's rose - something.... but it's darn tootin' close to Nars "organism" .

The Milani line is nice because it's for women of color, hence - more pigmented colors, so they show up.

Loreal's HIP line can be fun.

Oooo - are any of you into MAC's pigments??? We should all buy one - buy little containers for all of us, and swap them all out!!! KWIM? You never use a whole one - and we'd be able to get ALL of them!
Milani makes a blush that is pretty much an exact duplicate of Nars "Organism". And it's less than $5.

I like the HIP line, too. There was LE MAC shadow that people were coveting like crazy a few years ago called Parrot. The turquoise-y side of the HIP shadow duo that has a turquoise-y color and blue-ish color is a very good dupe of Parrot.

Pigments - I have a bunch of them, many I got as Gratis while working at MAC, and some that I bought from CCO's. I'm willing to send out some sample containers to some folks if interested. I'll look through my stuff and post later which colors I have.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: