Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #1531
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Haven't been here forever but wanted to stop in~

I tried Dr. Denese Tanning System.....yuck, very orange & streaky. The only upside is it doesn't have a bad scent.

I found a eye lid primer I LOVE (finally)....Trish McEvoy!!!!!!

Goodnight Gals..

What people think of you is none of your business.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:08 AM   #1532
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Do any of you girls have good waterproof make-up suggestions? I've tried many waterproof mascaras & eyeliners. They all smear! Thanks!
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #1533
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
Haven't been here forever but wanted to stop in~

I tried Dr. Denese Tanning System.....yuck, very orange & streaky. The only upside is it doesn't have a bad scent.

I found a eye lid primer I LOVE (finally)....Trish McEvoy!!!!!!

Goodnight Gals..
Oh is that tanning system the clear one? I don't know if she makes any other tanning system, but I seen the clear version and it really caught my eye. However, if it's orange and streaky I'm glad I didn't get it.
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #1534
Miss Park Avenue
Work, work, work...she'll NEVER get her DIS done!
I'll take Ohana's any time!
Shared my sleeping bag with a lizard at FW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybabe84 View Post
Do any of you girls have good waterproof make-up suggestions? I've tried many waterproof mascaras & eyeliners. They all smear! Thanks!
Hello! I love the shoes in your signature! So cute!

As far as mascara goes, Too Faced Lash Injection is a big favorite around here.

(dd15) (me) (dh) (dd12)(Samantha)
Old 05-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #1535
NEVERENOUGHWDW

Quote:
Oh is that tanning system the clear one? I don't know if she makes any other tanning system, but I seen the clear version and it really caught my eye. However, if it's orange and streaky I'm glad I didn't get it.
Yes, that's why I ordered it...so disappointed

Hi NJ neighbor

Old 05-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #1536
ibidforit
Mouseketeer

Well I caved and used the 40% off code that was posted for Stila. It works great! I got a smudge pot, an eye shadow trio, and a liner brush. I also got free shipping!

Gretchen
Old 05-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #1537
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
Yes, that's why I ordered it...so disappointed

Hi NJ neighbor
I'm so glad I got your review before caving in and buying it, haha.

HI NJ NEIGHBOR! What part of NJ?

Old 05-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #1538
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibidforit View Post
Well I caved and used the 40% off code that was posted for Stila. It works great! I got a smudge pot, an eye shadow trio, and a liner brush. I also got free shipping!

Gretchen
I ordered some stuff too, it hasn't arrived yet though. Did you apply for a free 24kt lipgloss?

Old 05-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #1539
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Park Avenue View Post
Hello! I love the shoes in your signature! So cute!

As far as mascara goes, Too Faced Lash Injection is a big favorite around here.
Thanks hun! Is the lash injection waterproof? Have you used it? I'm looking for a good summer make-up regime that I can wear to Disney as well. I don't want to have to worry about make-up melting in the heat of July while I'm there. Hmm.. I'm definatly going to try this one out. thanks!

Whenever I go away (especially to Disney), I'm always packing sooo much make-up. It drives me crazy & weighs my bag down like you wouldn't believe. I just want to simplify my make-up and make it compact so I won't have to worry about it. I can't believe I actually spend my time worrying about this, haha.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #1540
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
I'm glad I'm not alone.

Do you also feel all refreshed and good about returning something and end up waling out spending more than you did on original returned item? (please say yes, please say yes )

I got 2 more Lip Fusion Glosses - Flirt (a milky 'cool' pink that stays milky on your lips - love it) and Sexy (a sheer red... I can not tell you how much I love pure crayon red's in sheer - I have a few glosses like that )

If you haven't ever tried a sheer red gloss, I can not suggest to you enough, to try one. They are so fantastic. Get a cheap one to try it out (Revlon Hot Shot Cherry:

Buy - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028U6FJ0/...0&linkCode=asn

They look kinda scary obnoxious bright in the tube - but on your lips? Pure magic.

I also hot an H20 Peppermint foot scrub (that warms upon contact! Cool!) and the matching Shea Butter cream. Yummmy!

She threw in a 'gift' Another Lip Fusion in "Smooch" - Sheer Shimmering Golden Crimson is how it's described. To me - it's much more berry-esque. Very similar to Black Honey. I'm not crazy about it. But heck - it was free.

So - my $55 return cost me $69. You go Cat.

That is so me. I take something back and figure I already spent the money so when I find something else I take the return money off the price and figure I spent less. For example, I take back an item costing 35 dollars and then I buy somthing costing 60 but I figure the actual cost is 25. See how it works.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #1541
NEVERENOUGHWDW

Quote:
I'm so glad I got your review before caving in and buying it, haha.

HI NJ NEIGHBOR! What part of NJ?
I'm in Bergen County, where are you?

I received the new Faux Tan from Bare Escentials today....hope that's better than Dr. Denese

Old 05-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #1542
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Park Avenue View Post
Very pretty CR! If my camera was working right, I'd add a picture.

Hey did you guys see the hot topic on MUA? Stila, NOT beautycrunch, is have a sale! 40% off and free shipping. stilapro is the code and is good til 6/17.

I'm not buying. I'm not buying. I'm not buying. I'm not buying.

But let me know if it works in case I change my mind. This may be time to try their world famous eye shadow and smudge pots.

I wish I could navigate MUA better! I am going to Stila and just look....just look that is all but I do have a pallet that has 4 slots Screaming for eyeshadow....I hope I can just cover my ears and look away.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #1543
MerissaAndMomLoveDis
Mouseketeer

Waterproof/sweatproof eyeliner?

Can anyone recommend an eyeliner that will actually stay on at Disneyworld in hot humid June? Every year, I put on eyeliner and it is pretty much sweated off/rubbed off within 30 minutes of going down Main Street.

TIA
Disneyworld: Offsite Feb 2003, Feb 2004, June 2006 & Aug 2007; ASMu Nov 2008; Pop Century/Offsite/AKL May/June 2009; AsMu/Ft. Wilderness Cabins Nov 2009; Pop/ASSp June 2010; ASMov/Offsite May/June 2011; POFQ/Disney Dream March 2012; Offsite Nov 2012; Disney Magic from Galveston May 2013
Old 05-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #1544
GoofyforDisney3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerissaAndMomLoveDis View Post
Can anyone recommend an eyeliner that will actually stay on at Disneyworld in hot humid June? Every year, I put on eyeliner and it is pretty much sweated off/rubbed off within 30 minutes of going down Main Street.

TIA
I love the Mac Fluidline. It's a gel liner that you put on with a brush. Takes a bit of getting used to, but I like it.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #1545
MerissaAndMomLoveDis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyforDisney3 View Post
I love the Mac Fluidline. It's a gel liner that you put on with a brush. Takes a bit of getting used to, but I like it.
Thanks GoofyforDisney!
Disneyworld: Offsite Feb 2003, Feb 2004, June 2006 & Aug 2007; ASMu Nov 2008; Pop Century/Offsite/AKL May/June 2009; AsMu/Ft. Wilderness Cabins Nov 2009; Pop/ASSp June 2010; ASMov/Offsite May/June 2011; POFQ/Disney Dream March 2012; Offsite Nov 2012; Disney Magic from Galveston May 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: