Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #1516
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Well, I've finally given in.

I have been rationing out a sample of DKNY Be Delicious - Fresh Blossom, I had.

I can't take it anymore. I love it. I smell wonderful and airy and light and fresh!!

I'm going to Macy's, Carson's and Von Maur in search of a gift set. I would like a lotion as well.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #1517
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyforDisney3 View Post
That is an awesome deal on the Philosophy. I've been looking at trying some other stuff, but wish I could go to a store and buy it instead of always buying on line, but no one around here sells it.

I may need to check out those brush reviews also. I did get a eye shadow brush when I ordered the brown summer set and I do like it, but they are so inexpensive I was wondering if the other brushes were really that good.
Well it is hard to tell but from the looks of the way Emily Noel uses them they look pretty sturdy. Don't forget the make up is fairly inexpensive too and we all love that. I have a pile of stuff in my basket at Californiascents.com but I have not purchased it yet. I hate the the shipping is 12.oo....they are worse than Vera Bradley!
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2009, 06:48 PM   #1518
Nawlinslady
Geaux Hornets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
I took back the NYX shadow....they itched my eyes. I am sticking with Stila. I went to NOrdstroms and got the Philosophy Eye Hope advanced and they gave me a FANTASTIC gift with it. I think it is because it looks as if Nordstroms is dying! Everytime I go in there they are not busy. YOu were supposed to spend 75 but I spent only 48. Anyway the gift was a good size bottle of their Margarita shampoo, bodywash, a 1 oz Hope in a Jar (half the size of the 2 oz for 35) a good size bottle of Amazing Grace, and a jar of 30 exfoliating pads! Easily 50 to 60 worth of product if you were to buy it!

Thanks to the poster (Nawlins?) who suggested Emily Noel on Youtube. She discusses how the brushes from Everyday Minerals are so good and sturdy. I can get the Skunkless Foptic Brush that I have been looking for priced at 30 for only 10! I wanted to get the 50.00 mix and match set of 12 items and get all the brushes but some of them are out of stock(the ones she mentions on the YOu Tube video) so I will wait till they get them it. It will be well worth it and I do love EM.
Yep...It was me......glad you found her helpful. I love all of her reviews...she is very honest and since she is a news anchor/reporter she does some pretty good investigation work!!!

I have a hair question........hope that is ok here......what kind of volumizing hair products....shampoo/mousse/gel....whatever do y'all use.....I have bone straight hair, alot of it....but it is very fine......I'm trying to find one that doesn't weigh my hair down too much.....any suggestions?????

There were lots of BE shows on QVC this weekend......but I had to resist the temptation.......too many birthdays and graduations this month..
Old 05-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #1519
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Just had to share!

My sister's birthday was yesterday. At Easter she said she wanted to have a makeup party where we all bring our favorite makeup and any makeup we want to give away and also we could give each other tips etc... about makeup. We also would do our nails.

We had so much fun! I gave away some samples I got at Sephora. I gave them the Monistat tip.

I got a lot of makeup from my sisters that they didn't want. I got some lipglosses, lipsticks, some anti-aging creams, a Chanel mascara etc...

I also learned about something I had never heard of before. My sister brought some Smashbox cream eye liner. The color was Smashing Caviar which is black. She explained how you put it on (she used an eyeliner pencil). Once it dried, it lasted a long time. I've never heard of this before. Have any of you? How do you use it?

Well, I just wanted to share with you. It was a lot of fun.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #1520
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

On my little Von Maur adventure - they had Lip Fusion colors - for $25. That stuff is usually obnoxiously expensive.

I bought it in Sugar:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...JTIwc3VnYXI%3d

That's a really crappy swatch color. It's a 'your lips but better' shade. Really nice.

I put it on in the store and as we walked into the mall, I turned to my son and asked "Are my lips bigger?" He said no, but I would have bet my life they were. They were NUMB! Just NUMB!! If you ever plan on getting your lip pierced, I highly suggest picking some up.

The color is nice, and it lasts long. I think I'm gonna pick up another one. The shade right next to sugar on that swatch list - Sexy - that one is a REALLY nice sheer red. REALLY pretty. I think I'm grabbing that one too. They had just a ton. Sweet was puuuurrrrty too!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #1521
GoofyforDisney3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathrynRose View Post
On my little Von Maur adventure - they had Lip Fusion colors - for $25. That stuff is usually obnoxiously expensive.

I bought it in Sugar:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...JTIwc3VnYXI%3d

That's a really crappy swatch color. It's a 'your lips but better' shade. Really nice.

I put it on in the store and as we walked into the mall, I turned to my son and asked "Are my lips bigger?" He said no, but I would have bet my life they were. They were NUMB! Just NUMB!! If you ever plan on getting your lip pierced, I highly suggest picking some up.

The color is nice, and it lasts long. I think I'm gonna pick up another one. The shade right next to sugar on that swatch list - Sexy - that one is a REALLY nice sheer red. REALLY pretty. I think I'm grabbing that one too. They had just a ton. Sweet was puuuurrrrty too!

Ooh, I like that. Sounds like you did get a good deal. Don't know that I would want to pay $38 for one, but $25 I so would buy it. I think like the CRAVE color also.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #1522
bengalbelle
Geaux Tigers!
Will post anywhere to avoid DIS withdrawl
Does not possess DDA Superpowers!

Quote:
Well, I've finally given in.

I have been rationing out a sample of DKNY Be Delicious - Fresh Blossom, I had.

I can't take it anymore. I love it. I smell wonderful and airy and light and fresh!!

I'm going to Macy's, Carson's and Von Maur in search of a gift set. I would like a lotion as well.
I love Be Delicious! It's (the green) been my staple perfume for a couple of years now.

How does the Be Delicious - Fresh Blossom compare? I haven't stopped at the perfume counter in quite awhile. My last sample was Vera Wang Look that I got at Sephora, which I also like (I love all of her fragrances).
Old 05-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #1523
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbelle View Post
I love Be Delicious! It's (the green) been my staple perfume for a couple of years now.

How does the Be Delicious - Fresh Blossom compare? I haven't stopped at the perfume counter in quite awhile. My last sample was Vera Wang Look that I got at Sephora, which I also like (I love all of her fragrances).
You know, I am a big time buyer's remorse person.

I loved my sample - but does anyone else ever think the sample is 'better' than the perfume, itself?

It doesn't last. At all. Be Delicious - the green one - lasts allll day long. This one you get a few hours out of, tops. That irritates me.

To compare the two - it's very very similar to the green one. Way more so than the red or purple versions. That being said - Fresh Blossom has that same crisp green apple undertone, with a splash of grapefruit and a smidge of floral. It's nice. REALLY nice - if it lasted.

I think I might take it back.

I'm such a dork.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #1524
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily View Post
Just had to share!

My sister's birthday was yesterday. At Easter she said she wanted to have a makeup party where we all bring our favorite makeup and any makeup we want to give away and also we could give each other tips etc... about makeup. We also would do our nails.

We had so much fun! I gave away some samples I got at Sephora. I gave them the Monistat tip.

I got a lot of makeup from my sisters that they didn't want. I got some lipglosses, lipsticks, some anti-aging creams, a Chanel mascara etc...

I also learned about something I had never heard of before. My sister brought some Smashbox cream eye liner. The color was Smashing Caviar which is black. She explained how you put it on (she used an eyeliner pencil). Once it dried, it lasted a long time. I've never heard of this before. Have any of you? How do you use it?

Well, I just wanted to share with you. It was a lot of fun.
Glad you had fun! I am a little confused are you saying that you dip the eyeliner pencil in the cream liner? If so then how do you know if it is the liner or just the pencil that is working?
Old 05-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #1525
Bella the Ball 360

Quote:
You know, I am a big time buyer's remorse person.

I loved my sample - but does anyone else ever think the sample is 'better' than the perfume, itself?

It doesn't last. At all. Be Delicious - the green one - lasts allll day long. This one you get a few hours out of, tops. That irritates me.

To compare the two - it's very very similar to the green one. Way more so than the red or purple versions. That being said - Fresh Blossom has that same crisp green apple undertone, with a splash of grapefruit and a smidge of floral. It's nice. REALLY nice - if it lasted.

I think I might take it back.

I'm such a dork.

I am the ORIGINAL take it back person. They have my face in the line up at all the department stores. I buy things and then.....I HATE them when I get them home. I got 8 nyx colors, and 4 of the pallets and two liners....took'em all back! I am so fighting buying the RCMA make up as well as the concealer on californiascents. it is still in my cart!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #1526
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Glad you had fun! I am a little confused are you saying that you dip the eyeliner pencil in the cream liner? If so then how do you know if it is the liner or just the pencil that is working?
It was a tip my sister had read in a magazine. If you do not have a eyeliner brush or if you find a pencil easer, you can use one instead of a brush.

We used a regular, thin, not fat black eyeliner pencil and it really worked. The cream liner is very different than the pencil and it was defintely only the cream liner and not the pencil that was going on. But just in case we were using black for both so if some of the pencil got on my eye, it wouldn't have been a big deal but it didn't.

I think if you used a pencil that glides on really easy, that could happen but ours wasn't that kind on pencil.

That cream eyeliner stayed on me all day and night! That will definitely be my next make up purchase!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #1527
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
I am the ORIGINAL take it back person. They have my face in the line up at all the department stores. I buy things and then.....I HATE them when I get them home. I got 8 nyx colors, and 4 of the pallets and two liners....took'em all back! I am so fighting buying the RCMA make up as well as the concealer on californiascents. it is still in my cart!
I'm glad I'm not alone.

Do you also feel all refreshed and good about returning something and end up waling out spending more than you did on original returned item? (please say yes, please say yes )

I got 2 more Lip Fusion Glosses - Flirt (a milky 'cool' pink that stays milky on your lips - love it) and Sexy (a sheer red... I can not tell you how much I love pure crayon red's in sheer - I have a few glosses like that )

If you haven't ever tried a sheer red gloss, I can not suggest to you enough, to try one. They are so fantastic. Get a cheap one to try it out (Revlon Hot Shot Cherry:

Buy - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028U6FJ0/...0&linkCode=asn

They look kinda scary obnoxious bright in the tube - but on your lips? Pure magic.

I also hot an H20 Peppermint foot scrub (that warms upon contact! Cool!) and the matching Shea Butter cream. Yummmy!

She threw in a 'gift' Another Lip Fusion in "Smooch" - Sheer Shimmering Golden Crimson is how it's described. To me - it's much more berry-esque. Very similar to Black Honey. I'm not crazy about it. But heck - it was free.

So - my $55 return cost me $69. You go Cat.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #1528
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

The other 3 I got:

Sexy:

Flirt:

Sugar:

And get this..... I think I might return the Sugar I got yesterday because I am super in love with Sexy and Flirt (and I have this Smooch sitting here now!)

So - I shall return Sugar - and walk away spending another $50.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #1529
CathrynRose
I can't stop sniffing me

Sheer red gloss (behind a grainy picture my g/f played with - she likes to do that with pictures )

Old 05-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #1530
Miss Park Avenue
Work, work, work...she'll NEVER get her DIS done!
I'll take Ohana's any time!
Shared my sleeping bag with a lizard at FW

Very pretty CR! If my camera was working right, I'd add a picture.

Hey did you guys see the hot topic on MUA? Stila, NOT beautycrunch, is have a sale! 40% off and free shipping. stilapro is the code and is good til 6/17.

I'm not buying. I'm not buying. I'm not buying. I'm not buying.

But let me know if it works in case I change my mind. This may be time to try their world famous eye shadow and smudge pots.

(dd15) (me) (dh) (dd12)(Samantha)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: