Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #31
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Great Pics!! Congrats on the weight loss too!!
Just had to mention in the last pic, with your smile & glasses you resemble Elizabeth Hasselbeck (from the View).... not saying that as an insult....some people like her & some people don't. I loved her in Survivor, Australia but she's way to opinionated for me on the View.
Anyways......... Still looking forward to more as this trip comes to be!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #32
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Great Pics!! Congrats on the weight loss too!!
Just had to mention in the last pic, with your smile & glasses you resemble Elizabeth Hasselbeck (from the View).... not saying that as an insult....some people like her & some people don't. I loved her in Survivor, Australia but she's way to opinionated for me on the View.
Anyways......... Still looking forward to more as this trip comes to be!!
Huh! I have never heard that before. Interesting.

I should probably pace myself. Still have 15 days to go. Bleh...time travel anyone?
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #33
DizNee Luver

If you figure out the time travel thing out let me know since I come in the day after you!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

Old 02-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #34
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Our Disney Present Pt. 1

I am a planning freak. Once I get started on a project, I won’t stop until I’ve scoured every possible discount and activity that needs attention. Even when I have everything planned I won’t stop looking, just to make sure I got everything right. I have a folder filled with notes about hotels, flying vs. driving, maps, ticket information, packing lists, dining options, etc. Then I rewrite these lists a dozen times because I always get new tips and want my notes to be neat(I’m crazy, I know this.)
Here is my planning folder:

That is a lot of notes.

So I shall share some of what I have collected for our itinerary.

Thursday March 5th
Pack up the car as soon as we are both home from work, and get on the road. 85 to 101 to 152 to 5 alll the way down to Anaheim. Listening to some Disney-themed mix Cds that I have put together. We’ll probably stop along the way for dinner. I get off work around 2 this day(I’ve already requested it), but no idea when my mom will be able to leave, so we will probably be arriving in Anaheim rather late.
We’ll be staying at The Desert Inn and Suites. $59/per night wasn’t going to get passed up. Plus the location is great. I called them once about our late check-in but I may have to call again to push it later. I hope this won’t be a problem.
Anyone know if I should be worried about parking when arriving so late?
Old 02-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #35
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrrydeath View Post
I am a planning freak. Once I get started on a project, I won’t stop until I’ve scoured every possible discount and activity that needs attention. Even when I have everything planned I won’t stop looking, just to make sure I got everything right. I have a folder filled with notes about hotels, flying vs. driving, maps, ticket information, packing lists, dining options, etc. Then I rewrite these lists a dozen times because I always get new tips and want my notes to be neat(I’m crazy, I know this.)
Here is my planning folder:

That is a lot of notes.

So I shall share some of what I have collected for our itinerary.

Thursday March 5th
Pack up the car as soon as we are both home from work, and get on the road. 85 to 101 to 152 to 5 alll the way down to Anaheim. Listening to some Disney-themed mix Cds that I have put together. We’ll probably stop along the way for dinner. I get off work around 2 this day(I’ve already requested it), but no idea when my mom will be able to leave, so we will probably be arriving in Anaheim rather late.
We’ll be staying at The Desert Inn and Suites. $59/per night wasn’t going to get passed up. Plus the location is great. I called them once about our late check-in but I may have to call again to push it later. I hope this won’t be a problem.
Anyone know if I should be worried about parking when arriving so late?
I have the tendancy to over plan myself. I research and research until I know everything I possibly can. And I have been a ton of times but I still research. The planning is one of the things I enjoy most about the trip. Parking may be bad I don't know for sure though.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #36
DizNee Luver

We stayed there on our 2005 trip (we were there end of June thru July 5) it was super crowded & the parking lot was a nightmare. BUT we also had a full-size van & were unable to use the parking garage & only could park on the first level (which was always full). This being said, a smaller vehicle (?) & being first part of March, it shouldn't be a huge problem. If they do have parking overflow, they allowed you to park in the reservation area, so coming in late shouldn't be a big issue.

ALSO: My notes, email confirmations, itinerarys (whole schedule & daily schedule) & the restaurant menus for all the places we are going to are kept in a 3 ring binder...... so I wouldn't say that was over doing it.....lol

Old 02-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #37
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I have the tendancy to over plan myself. I research and research until I know everything I possibly can. And I have been a ton of times but I still research. The planning is one of the things I enjoy most about the trip. Parking may be bad I don't know for sure though.
It's so bad that I have been doing this for 5 months straight! I have not had one dip in my planning frenzy. Mostly, the Dis' fault. I guess it's good that the planning keeps my excitement alive. Helps the wait go by a little faster.

Quote:
We stayed there on our 2005 trip (we were there end of June thru July 5) it was super crowded & the parking lot was a nightmare. BUT we also had a full-size van & were unable to use the parking garage & only could park on the first level (which was always full). This being said, a smaller vehicle (?) & being first part of March, it shouldn't be a huge problem. If they do have parking overflow, they allowed you to park in the reservation area, so coming in late shouldn't be a big issue.
We are driving a Saturn Vue. Not big. I would hope that they have solutions for full parking but I was unsure. We would like to not have to use the car again until we leave, so parking the first night and just leaving it there would be ideal.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #38
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrrydeath View Post
It's so bad that I have been doing this for 5 months straight! I have not had one dip in my planning frenzy. Mostly, the Dis' fault. I guess it's good that the planning keeps my excitement alive. Helps the wait go by a little faster.

We are driving a Saturn Vue. Not big. I would hope that they have solutions for full parking but I was unsure. We would like to not have to use the car again until we leave, so parking the first night and just leaving it there would be ideal.
Look at me our trip is still over nine months away and I am planning away. It drives my excitement that is for sure. I am a big fan of park and don't get in the car again until it is time to leave. That is one reason I ama planning now because I want to lock in a place to stay within walking distance at the end of the day.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #39
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Our Disney Present Pt. 2

Friday March 6th my birthday!

We're going to wake up early and walk over to the park. Like an hour before the park opens? The park opens at 9am, so we'll be there at 8am. We’re going to use my free entry to upgrade to a 2 day park hopper, and we need to buy a ticket for my mom so we’ll have to deal with that before we can go in. I must get a birthday button so I can feel extra special. I think we will head straight to Fantasyland to be sure to do as many of those rides as we can.

My mom and I are both Fantasyland freaks so we would like to hit each of those rides at least once, hopefully a few times. We’d also like to go on HM, POTC, Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, Star Tours, Roger Rabbit, and wander around Toon Town. My mom doesn’t like roller coasters and I don’t need them to be happy so we’ll probably skip over those. I’d much rather we just spend the time together loving Disneyland.

Since there are only two of us, we'll have to keep asking people to take our picture or use the Photopass people to within an inch of their lives. I think we'll do both. If I ask them to also take a picture with my camera, will they assume I'm not going to buy a cd? I probably will but would also like some on my camera to make sure I get good pictures. So I don't want them to not take a lot because they think we won't buy.

There are a few food items that I really want to try sometime during the trip. I’ve been drooling over the potato soup from Carnation Café for months, must have a giant corndog, churro, beignets, and maybe a tigger tail.
I don’t know when we’ll do DCA on Friday, maybe in the afternoon. We’ll play that by ear.

I think I've finally decided(with help from the DIS) to go to Rainforest cafe for my birthday dinner. So I need to call and make a PS.

Last edited by merrrydeath; 02-24-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Continued on Pg 5 #63
Old 02-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #40
kaoden39
Hugs

I am a big fan of the photopass thing and yes they will take your picture. Or at least they did in March of 2007. I think that they figure that they will get people to buy pictures once they see them online and I am sure that wuite a few people do. I love POTC. That is my favorite ride and I would ride it over and over again.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #41
DizNee Luver

The Photopass people took pics with their cameras & ours. It was great, & they are very friendly.
You'll have a blast at the Rainforest, definately call for PS. Even with them, you have a bit of a wait....but it was totally worth it!! Make sure they know it's your birthday!!
Sounds like you have a good plan for the first day...can't wait to read more!

Old 02-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #42
kaoden39
Hugs

I forget to mention that you probably want PS for the Carnation Cafe too. We needed them for March 2007, even at lunch time they are busy.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #43
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am a big fan of the photopass thing and yes they will take your picture. Or at least they did in March of 2007. I think that they figure that they will get people to buy pictures once they see them online and I am sure that wuite a few people do. I love POTC. That is my favorite ride and I would ride it over and over again.
We've never done photopass so I'm very excited to try it out. Oh we love POTC so much. The weird Disneywater smell, floating past the banjo guy, and then doowwn into the pirate area. I. LOVE. IT.

Quote:
The Photopass people took pics with their cameras & ours. It was great, & they are very friendly.
You'll have a blast at the Rainforest, definately call for PS. Even with them, you have a bit of a wait....but it was totally worth it!! Make sure they know it's your birthday!!
Sounds like you have a good plan for the first day...can't wait to read more!
It feels good to have finally decided on that. I will proudly display my birthday button, but I'm not really one to Show off the fact that it's my bday. I don't need any crazy hooptydoo about it. I'm happy enough just BEING at Disneyland.

Quote:
I forget to mention that you probably want PS for the Carnation Cafe too. We needed them for March 2007, even at lunch time they are busy.
Yeah I was thinking we would. I guess I need to solidify the schedule a bit more and see which day we would like to eat there. I'm thinking since Friday is predominantly a DL day, we can do Carnation for lunch that day and then on Saturday when we are most likely at DCA, we can get those giant corndogs that I have been oogling. That just leaves dinner on Saturday.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #44
kaoden39
Hugs

Be sure and visit the Mission Tortilla factory in DCA too. If you have a birthday button they will give you a package of tortillas that they make there. Oh and the fresh ones are so good. Nothing like getting that warm one for taking the tour. Yumm.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #45
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Be sure and visit the Mission Tortilla factory in DCA too. If you have a birthday button they will give you a package of tortillas that they make there. Oh and the fresh ones are so good. Nothing like getting that warm one for taking the tour. Yumm.
Yes I was going to write about that in my post on Saturday the 7th. My mom's a big fan. She was really sad to hear that the bakery tour will be closed. I haven't even told her the extent of the DCA refurbishments...what a bad daughter. How do I ease into that convo?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: