Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #121
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!
 
lizet313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,028

LOL I wonder how my niece and nephew would look in ten years LOL I knew someone would understand lol. People always say the looks skip a generation or so. I have an uncle that has blue eyes and none of his kids have those types of eyes and the grand child does .


So we have talked about food and my restaurant choices...I think we spoke about the rides too.


Has anyone been to WDW for The Flower and Garden Festival?
__________________
lizet313 is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #122
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!
 
lizet313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,028

bump
__________________
lizet313 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #123
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Hey girl!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #124
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!
 
lizet313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,028

Hi

So you found my PTR not as great as yours or some I have read (you know who am talking about lol) but it is my first one and I hope I am doing ok.
__________________
lizet313 is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #125
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!
 
lizet313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,028

Ok I bought my first SLR camera. Thanks everyone for your help.


I bought it from Amazon.com $200.00 Instant rebate and also free shipping.

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras

Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black)

Canon XS/XSI Digital Rebel Kit with Case, 58mm UV Filter and LP-E5 Li-ion Battery

Canon Speedlite 220EX for Canon Pro1, Pro 90, G Series and all EOS SLR Cameras


Thanks again for all your help. I will go to the library to read books and also maybe check out a photography course or class. Thanks
__________________
lizet313 is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #126
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran
 
amandaluvsgoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 984

Nice job! My mom has the camera I bought last year, a Canon Rebel...I think! She helped me buy it for school and hasn't given it back! I told I'm going to need it ASAP so I can start practicing for our trip!
__________________
Amanda ~ me (32), Johnny (DH) (37), Emma (3) and Baby Blake
Koda (8) Romeo (RIP )
As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
amandaluvsgoofy is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #127
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!
 
lizet313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,028

Thanks




Oh yeah you need to get it back to practice imagine how your photos will look if you don't LOL am just kidding.

I am very excited I wish it would get here already.
__________________
lizet313 is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 10:48 PM   #128
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
Hi

So you found my PTR not as great as yours or some I have read (you know who am talking about lol) but it is my first one and I hope I am doing ok.
I think yours is great! This is my first PTR too!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #129
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!
 
lizet313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,028

Today I will have to go to the High School where I graduated they will be hosting a Special Show in Honor of my friend that passed away in 2004 from Breast Cancer. So I hope I will bring pictures to show you what happened.
__________________
lizet313 is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #130
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?
 
WDWRocksMySocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,102

Aw, your niece is so cute!!!! Looks like she had a blast at Chuck-e-Cheese. I love going to that place. Ski ball is the best!

Congrats on your new camera purchase! Can't wait to see what awesome pictures you take w/ it. I've been wanting an SLR, but I don't think I have the patience to learn how to use it. They take such AMAZING pictures, though. Maybe some day...
__________________
WDWRocksMySocks is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #131
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!
 
lizet313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,028

Thanks I think she is cute too. I love Chuck E Cheese I went there by myself and felt out of place people starring too much lol I think I use my niece and nephew as an excuse to go myself lol but I know they enjoy it too.

Congrats on your new camera it is probably not an SLR but hey it's a new camera you will have great pictures you will see.
__________________
lizet313 is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #132
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?
 
WDWRocksMySocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,102

Ha! I do the same things w/ my nephews. I just love playing all the fun arcade games. They don't have the best food (not bad, not great), but it's just such a fun place to go.

Nope, not an SLR. I really, REALLY was tempted to get one though. I just didn't think I'd do well w/ one right now. I definitely want one when I have kids, though. Until then, I'll just stick w/ a point and shoot.
__________________
WDWRocksMySocks is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #133
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,570

Congrats with the camera. Time to do your homework and read up on it! I'm following along but I haven't posted much. I'm following so many TR's and work has gotten very busy!!!
that's nice is offline  
Old 05-22-2009, 06:54 AM   #134
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
Ok I bought my first SLR camera. Thanks everyone for your help.


I bought it from Amazon.com $200.00 Instant rebate and also free shipping.

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras

Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black)

Canon XS/XSI Digital Rebel Kit with Case, 58mm UV Filter and LP-E5 Li-ion Battery

Canon Speedlite 220EX for Canon Pro1, Pro 90, G Series and all EOS SLR Cameras


Thanks again for all your help. I will go to the library to read books and also maybe check out a photography course or class. Thanks

Wow, Yo ugot the whole shebang! LOL! I will warn you that the lens I bolded is not a very good .ens. I have it too, and almost never use it. Once you get ohter lenses, you'll see what I mean. I have a speedlight too (I think the next one up) but hardly use it becuase I just haven't mastered it yet. I read hte manual once, but then didn't use it much, so I forget everything I read. I need to reread it again and play around with the settings. LOL! I want o get a UV filter though.
jenseib is offline  
Old 05-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #135
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!
 
lizet313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,028

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Wow, Yo ugot the whole shebang! LOL! I will warn you that the lens I bolded is not a very good .ens. I have it too, and almost never use it. Once you get ohter lenses, you'll see what I mean. I have a speedlight too (I think the next one up) but hardly use it becuase I just haven't mastered it yet. I read hte manual once, but then didn't use it much, so I forget everything I read. I need to reread it again and play around with the settings. LOL! I want o get a UV filter though.
LOL I went to the photography thread and that is what they recommended I don't know what other lens are good so if you have any pointer let me know I love how your pictures come out. I am definetely reading up on things and also going on youtube to see videos and maybe buy a dvd for tutorial I do not know yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Congrats with the camera. Time to do your homework and read up on it! I'm following along but I haven't posted much. I'm following so many TR's and work has gotten very busy!!!
Thanks I am very excited tohave gotten the camera at last I am only waiting for it to get here. I understand you are busy don't worry check in when you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRocksMySocks View Post
Ha! I do the same things w/ my nephews. I just love playing all the fun arcade games. They don't have the best food (not bad, not great), but it's just such a fun place to go.

Nope, not an SLR. I really, REALLY was tempted to get one though. I just didn't think I'd do well w/ one right now. I definitely want one when I have kids, though. Until then, I'll just stick w/ a point and shoot.
LOL I know sometimes I think I use them too much lol I just love to go to Chuck E Cheese so much but they don't look like they mind Well the time will come to get an SLR I don't have kids but I just told my parents I was going to get one to start practicing for our Disney Trip and my Sis Graduation next yr.
__________________
lizet313 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.