Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #76
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Your ADRs look great! The 1900 PF dinner is sooo fun, the characters are amazing. Ohana is delicious and Chef Mickey's is like the classic Disney meal! I haven't eaten at the other 2 though.

It's so sweet of you to be saving up to take your whole family to Disney. They're so lucky to have you!
Thanks when I went on my first trip in Feb. I was totaly clueless so I am glad I signed up is Dis to learn more. Thanks for the comment I think I am very lucky to have them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Hey fellow Texan!
I just read you PTR and am excited that your family is totally on board with going! It took a while to convince my hubby that we really need to go to Disney and that it's not just for little kids! So now he's excited to go, he just won't know what hit him until we get there!
It seems like the planning is coming together well! Have you picked out a few hotels? We're staying at the Boardwalk Villas (super excited! ) and we rented from a DVC member (seems much cheaper!). So let me know if you have any questions (not that I'm a total expert or anything ). Good luck with your plans!
~Amanda
Hi Amanda,
What part of Texas are you from? I live in Houston I am excited they are going with my plan too it took me forever to convince them but I think I finally did unless they change their mind at the last minute . Well I am looking into the All Star movie or Pop Century or maybe DVC Rental I really don't know yet because I wanted to look for prices for March but I don't think I can until Dec. so for now I am just trying to figure things out any help you can give me are welcomed. I am not that Experienced Thanks for everything.

Right now any tips on each park, counter service restaurants or any tips on anything are helpful. Thanks everyone for everything. The morning did not start very well it is raining and it is very flooded in my area it took me 1 hr and a half to get to work but I feel so much better seeing that I have friends in Dis that are helping me Thanks
Old 04-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #77
lizet313

Register to remove

Old 04-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #78
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post

What part of Texas are you from? I live in Houston I am excited they are going with my plan too it took me forever to convince them but I think I finally did unless they change their mind at the last minute . Well I am looking into the All Star movie or Pop Century or maybe DVC Rental I really don't know yet because I wanted to look for prices for March but I don't think I can until Dec. so for now I am just trying to figure things out any help you can give me are welcomed. I am not that Experienced Thanks for everything.
Hey! I currently live in Plano (north of Dallas) but I'm originally from the Dallas area. What part of Houston do you live in? I've been there tons of times to visit friends and to go the renaissance faire there!
The prices for the 2010 season should be available. The best bet would probably be to check out the DVC Planning site (I attached the link). You can always ask people questions about renting, cost, etc. That's what I did and it was pretty easy. Most DVC resorts have either a studio (sleeps 4), a 1-bedroom (sleeps 4-5) or 2-bedroom (sleeps 8?). I've spent hours on the DIS boards and I swear I learn something new every time!
If I can help out in any way, please let me know! We're going in August, so I'll be sure to let you know about restaurants, rides, shows, etc when we get back! Good luck!!

DVC Planning

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 04-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #79
lizet313

I am in the Southwest Fondren and Bissonnet. I have gone to Dallas only once and stayed in the Downtown Hotel I was there for a competion of Deca in high school. I would like to go visit again. I feel like I missed so much. Thanks I went to the link and posted a new thread. Hopefully I will get info there thanks for all your help.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #80
lizet313

Old 04-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #81
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

If you want ot eat at the castel, (which I think I saw on your list) then that is two table service credits. All the others should be 1. All CS are 1 credit per person.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #82
lizet313

I think it's 1900 Park Fare Dinner at GF I think. How many credit is that. Thanks Jenseib you help out a lot. Most of my choices are from your TR and that's nice .
Old 04-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #83
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I think it's 1900 Park Fare Dinner at GF I think. How many credit is that. Thanks Jenseib you help out a lot. Most of my choices are from your TR and that's nice .
That 1 credit. I went back later and realized I was reading wrong. LOL!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #84
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I read stuff wrong all the time on here! LOL

Lizet-
1900 was really fun and the food was really good too! (but you already know how I feel about it!)
Old 05-01-2009, 07:35 AM   #85
lizet313

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I read stuff wrong all the time on here! LOL

Lizet-
1900 was really fun and the food was really good too! (but you already know how I feel about it!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I do that all the time it's ok. I think I understood lol well as for now I think that is all the planning I can do. I have to wait until Dec. to post the hours and to call to make reservations. I will try to update things that happen in my life while I wait. I guess I don't know what else you write in a pre trip report it is my first one.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #86
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
I do that all the time it's ok. I think I understood lol well as for now I think that is all the planning I can do. I have to wait until Dec. to post the hours and to call to make reservations. I will try to update things that happen in my life while I wait. I guess I don't know what else you write in a pre trip report it is my first one.
From what I've been told... you write what ever you want! Disney or non-Disney!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #87
lizet313

Oh really ok then I will upload some pics later hopefully it is very hectic right now at home and work.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #88
lizet313

I think I decided to eat at Akershus for Breakfast. I don't think my sister would like to eat lunch or dinner there she is very picky when it comes to food.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #89
lizet313

Must do

Best Places to meet Characters like Mickey and the gang, Princesses, Rafiki, Mulan, Mary Poppins, Alice and her friends, Pinocchio and some others?

I know I can check in the park where the characters will be and what time. I was just wondering where have you seen them.

Besides the Character Meals.

Also What is a must do when you visit WDW?

Last edited by lizet313; 05-05-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #90
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Hey! I don't have all the facts about character meets, but I remember a few pointers from reading all the TRs on the DISboards.
Epcot will sometimes have different folks at WS. For example, Mulan and company are sometimes caught near China. Snow White and maybe some of the dwarfs have been seen near Germany. I also heard that Mary Poppins has been seen in the U.K.
Magic Kingdom should have a lot of characters out and about. I've heard that Alice in Wonderland (along with others from the film) can be seen near the Mad Tea Party ride. And Buzz Light Year is next to his ride.
If I find any other tips for character meetings, I'll let ya know! Good luck with your planning! I'm getting close to making our ADRs!!!!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: