Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #46
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We also wanted to check out Tusker House Donald Safari Breakfast in AK. I've read that this is a good one. Plus if you can get a 8:00am ressie, you can be done around 9:00 and jump right on the safari.
I went to Tusker House for Lunch there where no Characters. The food is great they have kids buffet and adults steak, calamari, i think chicken or beef, fruit, salads, oh and the desserts umm derserts right on the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I think you know my opinions on character dining too. LOL! We love it. I guess you should also see what characters your family is most interested in seeing. That may help narrow down where to go.
We love MK. but my mom,dad and sister went in Feb and that was their least favorite park. They said it was too much for kids. I disagree, but everyone has different interests.
Passporters makes a good guide. And the unofficial guide is good too, though I haven't had time to read the whole thing. The only thing I don't like about the UG is that it talks about their toruing plans alot, and we don't do a strict plan. And they suggest being there for rope drop, something we can never do.
But all the other info is great, and I ignored the touring plan talk. But I know some follow it to a T.

Birnbaum has great pictures, but even though they are supposed to be the official guide, I have found not all the info is accurate. They seem to be way off on the prices of things too at times. I think UG had the most accurate of prices.
Yes definitely I now your opinion and that's nice opinions of character meals thanks for sharing your info with everyone. I loved MK it had everything and my fav the CASTLE oh I just love that castle. Thanks for the info of the UG I think I will get that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogadreamin09 View Post
I love the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World

it gives so much info and has reader comments
LOL Thanks I will certainly look into that I think i can go to Border's and pick up a few right? Or do I have to order online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncytigger22 View Post
Hey Lizet, hope this helps:

My favorite parks are:
Magic Kingdom is definately number one because of all the different themes and rides. Epcot is my second favorite, because of all the countries and test track and mission space. It's a tie between animal kingdom and MGM for me. They are both great.

For rides, you def. need to go on Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom. Great Ride. Also, hit the three mountains in MK. Test track and mission space in Epcot, and RRR and TOT in MGM.

For restaurants, my favorite is Tepan Edo in Japan in Epcot. yummy. Also, Sci Fi in MGM. Another one is Cape May Cafe for dinner. Wonderful seafood! Cosmic Rays and Pizzafari are my favorite CS. Also, Raglan Road in DTD is sooooooo good! Please go there!!!!!!

Katie
I will look into the restaurants and show my family the different options that are available. I agree with the rides I love those too. My traveling buddy loved Mission Space we rode it like 5 times She just kept pulling me to go and go again. LOL

My mom and I where arguing yesterday because of Disney she says I am just into spending money and that I don't pay attention at the other things that are important. I told her this is important and that my sister Janet deserves this. After everything she has gone through it's time for her and the whole family to go on a trip together but she sees a quote of more than $500.00 and she freaks out I understand she is a mom and has to make sure we have everything she derserves but where is the excitement. She said it is good to have dreams but sometimes we have to look at the reality. DISNEY IS A REALITY FOR ME. My sister didn't know what to say. My mom just said if she can't make it that I should just take her with me. Where is the fun with the family we are there to celebrate. I just don't know what to say so she can at least think about it. Sorry to vent this out like that its just am frustrated So anyways I will come back with more questions later. Thanks for reading. If you have any ideas let me know I am eager to find out different options I might have.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #47
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
I went to Tusker House for Lunch there where no Characters. The food is great they have kids buffet and adults steak, calamari, i think chicken or beef, fruit, salads, oh and the desserts umm derserts right on the middle.
You are right about the lunch..... They only have characters at breakfast and this is fairly new.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.ID=267

Tusker House starts the morning with "Donald's Safari Breakfast. "(Only breakfast features characters.)

Breakfast Buffet - Breakfast Selections: Assorted cream cheeses, jams, jellies and fruit chutneys, yogurt station, fresh fruit, milk, waffle station, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, potato wedges, cereal, biscuits & gravy, veggie frittata, Ham & cheese frittata, corned beef hash, cheese blintzes, beef Bobotie quiche, yam casserole, carved rotisserie honey ham, oatmeal, porridge, cinnamon rolls, assorted muffins and breads, turnovers, danish, and croissants. - $19.99
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #48
saratogadreamin09
Derek Jeter = <33333333

Every borders Ive ever been in has had the unofficial guide in it
Old 04-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #49
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
My mom and I where arguing yesterday because of Disney she says I am just into spending money and that I don't pay attention at the other things that are important. I told her this is important and that my sister Janet deserves this. After everything she has gone through it's time for her and the whole family to go on a trip together but she sees a quote of more than $500.00 and she freaks out I understand she is a mom and has to make sure we have everything she derserves but where is the excitement. She said it is good to have dreams but sometimes we have to look at the reality. DISNEY IS A REALITY FOR ME. My sister didn't know what to say. My mom just said if she can't make it that I should just take her with me. Where is the fun with the family we are there to celebrate. I just don't know what to say so she can at least think about it. Sorry to vent this out like that its just am frustrated So anyways I will come back with more questions later. Thanks for reading. If you have any ideas let me know I am eager to find out different options I might have.

I can see where your mom is coming from. I have a brother and sister and when we were kids we never went to Disney. It was too expensive for my parents. We did go on vacations... mostly camping. It is nice to get away and spend time together as a family.

That being said there are cheaper options than staying in the parks. Hotels are hurting right now. You can get cheaper rooms now. If your whole family is going, look into staying offsite and rent a 2/3BR condo. I've seen prices for those around $99 a night. You can eat breakfast there and save tons of $$$$.

Is there a way you can work extra or cut back on spending? Like no coffee or no eating out can help keep money in your pocket. Put $2-5 a day into a Disney Fund. Sell unwanted items that you don't use anymore. These are just a few ideas!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #50
lizet313

I understand my mom too. It's just am a disney freak and I would love to see the family go all together. You know the condo doesn't sound like a bad idea I might look into that it's just then we are going to have to rent a car and gas and etc. I will have to do my research.

Thanks for your ideas they are great except I don't drink coffee so i can't cut that I hardly go out to eat. I was thinking about a garage sale. I have tried creating a Disney fund or a savings fund and my sister sneaks in and takes it for lunch money I can't blame her though high school is expensive and she needs to eat lol. I have opened a savings account and have rounded up about $300.00 but then I was really sick and needed to pay my doctor bills it just looks like saving money is not made for me I will keep trying I am thinking about opening an account where I have no access to it so I won't be tempted.

I hope it works.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #52
lizet313

I know but it was a start I was going to use that as the deposit and then be making payments until it was time and I still have until March 2010 to save up so it would of been a lot by then but oh well have to start with another plan
Old 04-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #53
lizet313

Ok so I have discovered that if I put aside $400.00 every month I can save up to $2,400.00 by Dec. and $1,200 from January to March . That is a total of $3,600 I told my bro and my mom that I just need them to save about $1,200.00 each to make the trip more special and worth it. So I finally convinced mom to say yes to the trip. My brother is saying yes he just needs to find out if his job will give him the time off. My dad is kind of deciding he says he will have no fun and he will miss his soccer games when he is there. So I am almost there on convincing the whole family in going yes I am very excited.

Now for more help.

Trying to loose weight!!!

I was just wondering if any of you have tried loosing weight to go to Disney in a better shape and over all a better health.

My mom is trying to loose weight by March 2010 is her goal. She has Asthma but it is under control and she also has Thyroids it is harder for her to loose weight.

I was wondering if you want to loose weight what would you do?
What activities?
Diet?
Pills?

I have no idea how to help her out and wanted to know your opinions. I do know I want to help my mom and support her in loosing weight. She says that if she looses at least 40lbs that will be her wish come true.

Thanks for stopping by.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #54
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Ok so I have discovered that if I put aside $400.00 every month I can save up to $2,400.00 by Dec. and $1,200 from January to March . That is a total of $3,600 I told my bro and my mom that I just need them to save about $1,200.00 each to make the trip more special and worth it. So I finally convinced mom to say yes to the trip. My brother is saying yes he just needs to find out if his job will give him the time off. My dad is kind of deciding he says he will have no fun and he will miss his soccer games when he is there. So I am almost there on convincing the whole family in going yes I am very excited.
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!!!!!!!

Did you figure out how many other people are going too or is it just you, sis, bro, mom, dad? 5 people total or will there be more of you? That could determine where to stay and for how long. If you are able to save a little more money when you have it that might help you reach your goal. Because there might be a few months where you need some extra $$$ for unforeseen expenses.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #55
lizet313

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!!!!!!!

Did you figure out how many other people are going too or is it just you, sis, bro, mom, dad? 5 people total or will there be more of you? That could determine where to stay and for how long. If you are able to save a little more money when you have it that might help you reach your goal. Because there might be a few months where you need some extra $$$ for unforeseen expenses.
As far as more family members I don't know yet. I have my immidiate family fo right now. I am sure it will be March 13, 2010 through March 20, 2010. It will be Spring Break for my sister and my mom (she is a custodian at a school so when students are on break so is she.) 7 days of fun . I showed my mom the hotels and we received out planning DVD from Disney this weekend and after viewing it she decided it will be better to stay at either All Star Movies or Pop Century because of the price. She does how ever want to explore the rest of the Resorts and Hotels. She wants a day put aside to just sight see and relax. Yes it is true that I might have to use the money for unforseen expenses but that is why my mom and brother are also saving money too and we will have a free credit card so we can use just incase something happens. I will follow your advice and save alittle more when I have the chance. Thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #56
lizet313

I have also thought of making a vacation notebook.

Who will go
. Family Members
. Friends
. Packing List
. Important before we leave info
Reservation & Confirmations
. Hotels
. Flights
. Restaurants
. Car Rental
Inportant Information
. Park info
. Near hotels
. Opening hours
. Park maps
Plans
. Must Do's
. Wishes
. If time permits
. Day by Day forecast
. ADR's to go along with each park or free day.
TR section
. What was done
. Special Memories
Future Notes for next trip
. Must do next yr.
. Important info for next trip

What do you think?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #57
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

As for losing weight, cutting portions will help and cut out the garbage. And tell her to walk every day. starting at a mile and then going up as she can. I've lost 30 some since last Aug, and thats basically what I did. Stay away from pills, they never work.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #58
lizet313

Well yesterday mom started dancing while watching tv and we a have a stay in place bicycle and she used that while watching tv. So I think she is excited about loosing weight and going to Disney. That is her motivation.

I ran into this thread and was very surprised when I read it..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2155333
Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #59
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:

Wow. I must say I'm disappointed about this. Too many people must have been taken advantage of and complained. It is sad that a better option couldn't of been reached before it came to a total ban.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #60
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

I understand how hard it is to save money -- especially for a trip to WDW. It's hard to do Disney in an economical way, but it can be done. You just have to be resourceful and do your research. Depending on how many people wind up coming with you, I'd suggest either renting a house/condo off-site or looking into renting DVC points. There is a board all about that here.

As for losing weight, I would suggest cutting back the calories you eat and doing some form of exercise. I started counting calories and was amazed how big of a difference it made! I eat about 1600 calories a day and have averaged losing just about 1.5-2 lbs a week! I used a free online site to help me. It's located here. I also have asthma that really makes it difficult to run a lot. So, I mostly just do a lot of walking and some elliptical stuff. I wish your Mom good luck!!!

Quote:

Oh, boo! I'm disappointed by hearing that news, too. I just joined a Photopass share last weekend, now I'm wondering if it will still happen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: