Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #31
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkrox View Post
There are a lot of fun character meals. I've only been to Cape May which is in the Beach Club. The only character meal they have is breakfast. And the characters they have are Minnie, Goofy, Chip, and Dale. There they are all dressed in beach clothes.
!
Chip and Dale are no longer there. It'sDonald now.
Also Pooh is at 1900 PF for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
lol
This is my plan we will go in March of 2010 it will be to celebrate her graduation but it will also serve for my mom's purpose you see I kind of showed her the Flower and Garden festival pics from epcot and she went crazy she loves flowers and gardens. So it runs from middle of March through the end of May. So it will be my moms and sisters first time so I would want to fit both of their interest.
I would aim for the second week of March. most of the flowers will be out and ready to look at. The crowds should be less. I'm not sure when easter is, but I wouldn't go anytime with in 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. Crowds will be insane.

I've only stayed at Pop, but it is very affordable. And you can see fireworks if you walk to the back side of the 50's buldings . Epcot and MK's. Then you have more money to do other things.

Something special would be to to the keys to the kingdom tour with your sister, but there is alot of walking with it. Also the segway tours are supposed to be really cool.
I suggest getting a book like the unoffical guideor passporters to learn all there is. The unofficaly guides goes on and on about there touring plans, but thats not for me, so I would block that part out of my brain and just read about the different activities. We can have a plan like a touring plan, when we never know for sure what time my little one will wake up. But it still gives alot of valuable info.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #32
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

Thanks Jenseib we will be going in the end of the second week I think we are going to be in a crowded place but we will manage The Keys to The Kingdom sounds great I will see about the pricing and the walk. Money for other things sounds great. Maybe I wont tell mom so she won't think negative about it. She says Disney is alot of money.
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 PM   #33
lizet313

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Aaight. I'm here!!!!!!

I'll try to help with any questions you have... although I've only been to Disney 3 times. I don't know it all! I will re-read through your thread to see if there are any specific questions you might have that weren't answered.
Thanks anything will be helpful. I am thinking of starting a PTR for this trip I just want to get more ideas and actually come up with a plan before anything happens.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #34
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I would aim for the second week of March. most of the flowers will be out and ready to look at. The crowds should be less. I'm not sure when easter is, but I wouldn't go anytime with in 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. Crowds will be insane.
I second this. We've been to Disney the last 2 years the first week in March. While this year was busier than last year, it still wasn't bad. They are just starting to get ready for the festival during the 1st week. I can imagine that by the end of the 2nd week most of the flowers would be out. We were also in Disney this past October 19-24 and it was REALLY busy. We are thinking about the 2nd week in March next year as well.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #35
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Last year the first week of March was the ultimate. the slowest it's ever been for me when I have gone. LOL! I think becuase of when Easter fell last year, it made things out of whack and many spring breaks for colleges were earlier.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #36
lizet313

Thanks I will see if I can talk to mom and convince her that maybe an earlier trip may be a good idea. It's just with my sisters last yr and her graduating I don't think my mom wants to take her out of school earlier because she wants her to study and gradute on time.

GOOD NEWS MY SISTER MADE THE HONOR ROLL ALL A's ONE B.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #37
lizet313

One other thing if it's not too much to ask would you mind stating what your favorite character meals are?

Also Favorite

Parks?

Rides?

Restaurants?

I know I might be asking for a lot and I know I am asking for your opinion I am very interested on what it might be and why.

I want to make sure this will be a trip my family won't forget and maybe with ppls different views and opinions it might help to make up my mind.

On my first and only trip

I have ate at

Nine Tails - China in Epcot.... It was ok I loved the way the building looks and the theme

Tony's - Magic Kingdom... Loved the Italian theme and the spaghetti

50's prime time - Hollywood Studios The waitress are funny

Tuskers house - Animal Kingdom BUFFET umm buffet good I loved the stake and the African theme.

I went on these
Rides

Epcot

Soarin - Mission Space - Test Track - Talking with crush - Circle of Life - (the one with nasa and the plants)

Can you tell this was the first park I went to when I got there...

Magic Kingdom

Flying Carpet - Jungle Cruise - (One of the mountains the one with the rail road) - Haunted Mansion - Phillermagic - Dumbo - Pooh ride - Peterpan - all the parades except for Spectromagic. Wishes - Pirates of the Caribbean - Dream along with mickey - Buzz Lightyear

Hollywood Studios

3D puppet show - Stars Wars - Tower of Terror - Beauty and the Beast show - Little mermaid show - Rockin Roller Coaster - Fantasmic - the great movie ride

Animal Kingdom

Kilamanjaro Safari - It's tough to be a bug - Oasis exhibits - Flights of Wonder - The yeti ride - Lion King show - Finding Nemo show - Jungle Trek ( It was a very hot day and we where there for only a couple of hours)

Went to the Pool stayed at SSR.

Last edited by lizet313; 04-15-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #38
saratogadreamin09
Derek Jeter = <33333333

My favorite restaurants are:

Crystal Palace
Boma
Portobello in DTD
Ohana's

My favorite rides are:

POTC
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (this is the railroad mountain )
TTA
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Test Track
Mission Space
Soarin'
Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest

My favorite parks are:

MK
EPCOT
I'm not a huge fan of DHS or AK but AK does have two of my favorite rides
Old 04-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #39
lizet313

Do you have more information on the Restaurants? Have you tried character Meals?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #40
that's nice
DDC #330

You know where to go to see some character meals suggestions.

If you like Mickey you can't go wrong with Chef Mickey's. Or 1900 Park Fair dinner for Cinderella, prince, stepsisters, and the stepmother is a great character dinner too!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #41
lizet313

LOL Yeah I know I have a couple of ideas. Funny you just said that I was just rereading you trip report I just can't have enough I have to show my sister your Trip report so she can choose from your list. Thanks for all the help.

What about the guides to Disney? I don't know which one will give me more information. I bought the Disney World Savings guide from the exemployee. Do I need more? I was thinking about a special book if my nephew goes I might need it he had ADHD and he has Autism.

Last edited by lizet313; 04-15-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #42
that's nice
DDC #330

We also wanted to check out Tusker House Donald Safari Breakfast in AK. I've read that this is a good one. Plus if you can get a 8:00am ressie, you can be done around 9:00 and jump right on the safari.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #43
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I think you know my opinions on character dining too. LOL! We love it. I guess you should also see what characters your family is most interested in seeing. That may help narrow down where to go.
We love MK. but my mom,dad and sister went in Feb and that was their least favorite park. They said it was too much for kids. I disagree, but everyone has different interests.
Passporters makes a good guide. And the unofficial guide is good too, though I haven't had time to read the whole thing. The only thing I don't like about the UG is that it talks about their toruing plans alot, and we don't do a strict plan. And they suggest being there for rope drop, something we can never do.
But all the other info is great, and I ignored the touring plan talk. But I know some follow it to a T.

Birnbaum has great pictures, but even though they are supposed to be the official guide, I have found not all the info is accurate. They seem to be way off on the prices of things too at times. I think UG had the most accurate of prices.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #44
saratogadreamin09
Derek Jeter = <33333333

I love the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World

it gives so much info and has reader comments
Old 04-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #45
bouncytigger22
Team Jacob!
I love people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
One other thing if it's not too much to ask would you mind stating what your favorite character meals are?

Also Favorite

Parks?

Rides?

Restaurants?

I know I might be asking for a lot and I know I am asking for your opinion I am very interested on what it might be and why.

I want to make sure this will be a trip my family won't forget and maybe with ppls different views and opinions it might help to make up my mind.

On my first and only trip

I have ate at

Nine Tails - China in Epcot.... It was ok I loved the way the building looks and the theme

Tony's - Magic Kingdom... Loved the Italian theme and the spaghetti

50's prime time - Hollywood Studios The waitress are funny

Tuskers house - Animal Kingdom BUFFET umm buffet good I loved the stake and the African theme.

I went on these
Rides

Epcot

Soarin - Mission Space - Test Track - Talking with crush - Circle of Life - (the one with nasa and the plants)

Can you tell this was the first park I went to when I got there...

Magic Kingdom

Flying Carpet - Jungle Cruise - (One of the mountains the one with the rail road) - Haunted Mansion - Phillermagic - Dumbo - Pooh ride - Peterpan - all the parades except for Spectromagic. Wishes - Pirates of the Caribbean - Dream along with mickey - Buzz Lightyear

Hollywood Studios

3D puppet show - Stars Wars - Tower of Terror - Beauty and the Beast show - Little mermaid show - Rockin Roller Coaster - Fantasmic - the great movie ride

Animal Kingdom

Kilamanjaro Safari - It's tough to be a bug - Oasis exhibits - Flights of Wonder - The yeti ride - Lion King show - Finding Nemo show - Jungle Trek ( It was a very hot day and we where there for only a couple of hours)

Went to the Pool stayed at SSR.

Hey Lizet, hope this helps:

My favorite parks are:
Magic Kingdom is definately number one because of all the different themes and rides. Epcot is my second favorite, because of all the countries and test track and mission space. It's a tie between animal kingdom and MGM for me. They are both great.

For rides, you def. need to go on Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom. Great Ride. Also, hit the three mountains in MK. Test track and mission space in Epcot, and RRR and TOT in MGM.

For restaurants, my favorite is Tepan Edo in Japan in Epcot. yummy. Also, Sci Fi in MGM. Another one is Cape May Cafe for dinner. Wonderful seafood! Cosmic Rays and Pizzafari are my favorite CS. Also, Raglan Road in DTD is sooooooo good! Please go there!!!!!!

Katie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: