Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
shaunaday
Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to get out there and dance in the rain!

Sept. 5, 2010...What a WONDERful world!

Sept. 5, 2010 - Wonder

Okay everyone, listen up! This is where the action will be taking place for the next, um 18 months or so. Please join us for some meeting, greeting, planning and sharing!

So tell us:
Who is going on your cruise?
The ages of those on the cruise with you?
Is this your first DCL cruise?
If not, what other cruises have you been on?
What are you most excited about?
What are your pre-cruise/post-cruise plans (if any)?
What is the square root of 45,090,000?

Roll Call name (ages when we sail):
shaunaday: Shauna (35), dh-Daniel (36), dd-Taylor (14), ds-William (6) and ds-Jackson(6)
Old 02-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
shaunaday
Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to get out there and dance in the rain!

Before we get started let me offer this DISclaimer: This is my first cruise. I am an obsessive planner. I will talk to myself in this thread for months if no one joins me. But that won't be much fun, so please play along!

Hi all. I am Shauna. A 33 year old (almost 34 will be 35 when we sail) mother of 3. Wife to only 1 though. I have been married all of my adult life and think that he is darn lucky to have me. My kiddos are: DD (13), DS (5) and DS (5). We are all looking forward to our next Disney vacation and have decided to make it include a 4 day cruise.

Hubby and Me:

The kids with a special friend:

[IMG][/IMG]

As I mentioned this is our first cruise so we are all super excited. I have been anxiously checking my emails to see what the best options our DU agent has come up with as far as rooms for our family of 5. We are trying to get connecting ocean views right now.

I am a seond grade teacher. Love what I do. My husband trains horses. My children are very active little ones...although not so little anymore. My daughter Taylor is hoping to find more teenagers on this cruise before we set sail, so she may be creating her own thread if there are enough teens who would like to make plans and get to know each other.

We are hoping 2010 will offer [/CODE]free dining at WDW again. If so, we will most certainly add a few days to our vacay to spend at the world. My Dh is adament that we check out Sea World while we are there too.

We will be driving. We just live about 8 hours or so from WDW. So, we are still trying to figure out what we will do with our car and what day we will leave, etc. But I guess we have a little time to figure all that out.

I'd love to participate in a FE program...but with this being my first cruise, I am not sure the best way to get one going...so if you've done one and would like to organize it, please let me know and we can create a link in the first post for that.

Okay...now it's your turn!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
dodle
Mouseketeer

We'll be there too. I didn't see this thread before and started another one. Maybe someone can combine them and post a link under the 2010 meets.
Let me introduce everyone. my name is Diane and I am 47 now and will be 49 on the cruise. My DH is 9 years older. We have our whole family going because my youngest son is getting married on the cruise. The family includes ds who will be 25 on the cruise, dd who will be 24, ds that is getting married who will be 23 and dd who will be 14 almost 15. Our family also includes future daughter in law who will be 24 and a granddaughter who will be 19 months. My mom is also coming, hopefully. And we have a very close friend coming. That's just from our side. From my dil's side we think there will be her dad and stepmom, brother and wife and 2 kids (both under 5) and maybe her mom and nana. Sounds like a big group even to me. My son is getting married onboard ship, deck 7. This means lots of extra planning on our part.
This will be family's second cruise, and my dh & I will be on #3. We've got side by side cabins on deck 7.
I too, am a teacher, but I only substitute. I find that easier with all that goes on with our family. I can work as much or as little as needed. Our family is also into horses. We have 3 currently - a red roan appaloosa, a paint, and a mustang that was once in the wild. Your Taylor and my dd Mary will be about the same ages so maybe they can get something going.
We're hoping for free dining, too. We will staying at Fort Wilderness for 10 days after the cruise. We had planned this 2 years ago when we last had our family vacation at WDW. We live about 9 hours away in lower Mississippi. We'll be driving over on Friday/Saturday and staying near Orlando Saturday night. We'll park our car at the port for the cruise. It's $15 a day, but it is secured parking and we've never had any problems.
Who else is with us?? Any takers??
dodle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: