Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Disboutiquers ... IRL

So, I am feeling quite crappy today and thought I would start my trip report. This is probably the fastest I have ever started one, but since I can't think too hard if it doesn't make much sense just go with the flow.

I am part of the disboutiquers thread, we are a bunch of ladies and a few men who sew for our children and make beautiful custom creations for the world! Check out the thread on the family board if you haven't ever seen it! You'll be hooked in no time!

It all started with a girl named HeatherSue, whom had gotten back from disney and had a wonderful trip with her extended family. She was longing to go back so booked a trip with just her mom and 2 kids for February. Well, a few of us disboutiquers live in Florida and decided they would meet up for the day. This turned into alot of wanting to go too. Including me! I wanted to get to meet everyone in real life! I had only ever met one of them and she was the nicest so everyone else had to be that nice too, right?

When the 7 for 4 deal came out I thought about it but we don't tend to book deals as room only seems cheaper. I eventually checked out the price and it couldn't be beat! One week in February for what amounted to about $32 a night (if you credit the $200 gift card towards the room and subtract out the price of tickets, disboard math!). So, who could pass that up! I booked for Feb 7th - 14th, Happy Valentine's Day to me!

Cast of Characters! Stay tuned for pictures since I am being lazy and don't feel like finding any right now.

DH - Lin - He is a good disney traveler and sometimes I think he likes it more then I do.

Me - Jessica - Grew up going to disney every year.

DS6 - Dallas - Thought Mickey was his brother until he was old enough to understand! He has been to the parks way too many times and loves all things disney.

DH, Lin always says we can't go for longer then a week because of his work schedule but last minute it is always changed and we can usually end up leaving a day ahead of time. I had not booked a room for friday night and disney was completely full. Unless I wanted to stat at Saratoga Springs for $334 for the night, uh, no thanks! Something off property for the evening will suit us just fine.

Dallas had school friday, so while he was at school Lin and I finished packing and got the car ready. We decided to pick him up around noon and head out. It takes us about 8 hours to drive there. So, got the kiddo from school and we were on our way. He didn't know until the night before we were going to disney. It isn't that I don't tell him, I just don't tell him specifics and he doesn't ask.

We stopped at McD's on the way there to grab a quick bite to eat. Dallas was just starving! Well, he decided he would finish up his meal in the car and we could get going. I put Lin in charge while I went to the restroom. Bad idea! Somehow Dallas threw away his meal. Now, he meant to, but I was not a happy camper! He had barely eaten and usually eats a 4 pc chicken happy meal along with me having to order him a seperate hamburger. I wasn't hungry so didn't eat. Dallas got a nice talking to and it was decided he would not be getting his own meal for some time, he can eat off my plate!

I know, no pictures, boring! Sorry.

We arrived outside the back gates of Disney World a little before 9 pm and decided on a stay at the Country Inn and Suites. We have stayed here before and I enjoyed it. I went in to ask the cost of the room and of course they play a little game with you. He told me $99. Well, me being thrifty like I am was not paying that for a room just to sleep in. So I gave him the look. He quickly went down to $89. I said $79 or I would go to Comfort Inn for $59. I really should have gone lower and not so sure why I said $79, but he said fine. So we got our room and went up to sleep.

They have free internet (unlike disney, what is up with that anyways) so we logged on and played around before going to bed.

Next morning, we woke up, hit the breakfast they have. It was good, but the people were not, I'll save you from the disgusting story. We then headed off to Pop to check in. Oh, we did this in no hurry what so ever.

Got to Pop and checked in, room was ready! Whoo hoo! We were in the 70's (8 tracks with the big Mickey phone and Big Wheel). We have never been in this building before and also had a lake view. Exactly what I wanted, but I don't even bother asking for such things at disney. We were also on the first floor, makes life so much easier!

I upgraded our 1 day tickets at check in to 7 day since I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I figured we would use about 5-6 of the days, boy was I wrong! We had also made lunch reservations for LTT at the MK. There was going to be a mini meet at the flag pole that evening so we headed there first.

Pictures coming soon!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 02-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

We arrived sometime after noon at the T&TC and had 1:15 ressies for LTT. Not much time to do anything but get there.

We parked in Sleepy! This is the perfect parking spot and obvoiusly someone thinks at the MK. It is close enough and within walking distance that we never once saw a tram. Good thing we didn't want to ride it!

Dallas asked to take the monorail across and we did since the boat is much better when it is super crowded.

I find that I take less and less scenic pictures it seems each time, even though I try to remember to snap a couple here and there.

We went through the castle which to me seems hardly open ever anymore.

In fact, Dallas did not really remember ever going through it before (even though he has way more then once).

We waited for a couple of minutes at LTT before being sat.

They always have the best food!

I got turkey and Lin got the pot roast. Dallas got to enjoy turkey and the sides off my plate and we all drank water! This is unheard of for Lin but he said he would this trip. I forget why, besides I always tell him what a rip off sodas are.

I on the other hand prefer water over anything. Dallas loves water too, but if given a choice of that or soda he would easily choose soda since it isn't something I really give him.

After our quick lunch we headed out. We rode BTMR, after getting on POTC. We had gotten a fastpass so were passing the time. After getting off the parade had just started so we were more or less stuck in that little stretch of land and decided to go to Tom Sawyer's Island. Dallas just loves this place BUT he loves it at DL. He has never been to the one at WDW so this was first (like Kristine said, always firsts!). He was a bit disappointed that inside the caves you could actually move vs DL where you are squished!

He had fun anyways running around and I watched a bit of the parade from afar.

And, last but not least, an enjoyable game of checkers before heading back across the river.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
HeatherSue

Dallas thought Mickey was his brother!

I love how you talked the hotel price down!

What IS up with no free internet at Disney? $10/day??? Come on!!

I wanna hear the disgusting story!

We always order water at restaurants, too! On occasion I will order a pop and then regret it when I see how much they charged me for it!

I don't like the idea of being squished in a dark cave!

Awww...did you play checkers in Teresa's honor?

Last edited by HeatherSue; 02-16-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Hey!
I knew you would be first!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 02-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
I knew you would be first!
Of course! I had to post that real quick so I could be first. Then, I went back and added my comments!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

I'm in, I love all these Disboutiquers trip reports. It looks like you all had a great time.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #7
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo!!! I made it over!!! I'm so proud of you for haggling over the price of the hotel room. I didn't even know that was possible! Thanks for all the pics of the Tom Sawyer's Island. I still haven't made it over there (at DL or WDW). I seriously can't believe we didn't run into each other all day on Sat until the flag pole meet!
Old 02-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

After Tom Sawyers Island we headed towards the front of the park to check out the little place, I'll call it the camera center, but I really have no idea the name of it.

We played around and took pictures of all the cutouts and then sat down and watched old cartoons play. Dallas just loves them after staying at All Star Movies last time and them having them playing non stop. He was quite disappinted he couldn't find them on the TV this time.

And for all my What not to Wear at Disney fans, here is a picture for you. Check out the heels on the one pair of boots! They had to have been atleast 6 inches thick!

We were heading towards the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and to check out the wait time for Buzz when .....

I suddenly spot a custom! But this is just not any custom! This is a marvelous Tinkerbell skirt on a beautiful child!

It was Morgan, Cindee and her SO (is that the right code?), Shell. For some reason Cindee your disboard name is escaping me right this second. It took us just a few seconds to figure out who who was and the kids started talking right away!

At this point, I started snapping pictures and didn't stop for a LONG time! We headed over to the TTA and rode together! but first Morgan gave Dallas some surfing lessons!

Aren't they adorable!

After riding we headed towards the flag pole for our 6:15 mini meet. We were quite early but enjoyed the time just talking.

Tom and Leighanna saw us and came on over. Leighanna joined right in on the fun. Really, the kids got along marvelously, it was amazing!

Then along came Stacy (SoHappy) and Kristine (Tnkrbll something or other close to that!). They were heading out for dinner and noticed the kids in customs. Decided they must know us! I just had to ask if they were friends IRL because you sure would have thought so, but nope, just internet friends until the day before! Sorry, not sure why I didn't snap a picture.

The kids played several games, eye spy, trying to make the other laugh and tag being a few. We were starting to be overrun by a group of young folks from Argentina (or somewhere) and decided to move in a bit. So we went towards the flag pole. Shortly after along came Steph (Stephres), Jacob and Megan.

At this point we weren't sure who else was supposed to be there but we did know Cathy was, so the kids and I paraded around the circle with them shouting CATHY... CATHY... CATHY! We decided that if she was sitting there that it would get her attention. NOTHING.

Came back and someone's phone rang and it was Cathy! She was up main street way too far so came down and the parade started shortly afterward. Cathy was with her friend, Alice. Alice doesn't get us, but that is okay because she was super nice and had cute shoes on (which was brought to my attention later, somehow I didn't notice them). Cathy had on the cutest Minnie dot capri's and I am for sure making me a pair next time I go!

After the parade is where the fun started! Cathy had the perfect viewing spot picked out, the trick was getting there. So, we start the trek up Main St with about a zillion other people and decide we'll go through the stores, easiest option. It worked all the way until the end where somehow Jacob and I both started watching a different person in a red sweatshirt! Once she headed into the restroom we realized it was the wrong person! So, we called Cathy! She described where she was and walked around (ran into Tom and family along the way, they had quite a good viewing spot too).

Finally found Cathy and friend. At this point, Megan had to go the restroom. Now, I can't much blame her because I decided I would go too, but we were just outside the restrooms! No issues, we made it back in time for the fireworks and tink.

Stacy called (I think) to find us, so when I returned her and Kristine were there too!

Lin took a mini group photo.

And then we watched the fireworks.

It was at this point that i decided Megan and Dallas sure got along great! Megan was talking up a storm! throughout the entire show! Dallas is the same way!

Everyone headed in their own directions after the fireworks more or less. I think most headed to their rooms. Kristine and Stacy were heading to the HM so invited us along. We hadn't been on it yet and that is Dallas' favorite ride. Even though he acted like he was scared of it going in for some reason.

Now, Lin for some reason decided at this point to stray from us, so he and Dallas went and hopped in a doom buggy! Stacy kindly offered to go by herself but we didn't want that and figured we could all squeeze into a car. Guess I forgot how small they actually were. We got to know each other real well!

Then Dallas and Lin hit the cars while we took a break outside waiting. We rode TTA together.

And then Buzz too. I thought I took a picture of them in their car, but I don't see it anywhere.

By that time we were all pooped and headed towards the room. It was almost 10 anyways.

We took the monorail again.

And it took Dallas all of about 10 seconds to fall asleep.

He actually was in the other bed and I just switched him and rolled him over, so he has that nice mark on his cheek. I was also glad to see he was loving his penguin, Gloria. He doesn't usually snuggle with her anymore because her fur will get old and he likes her new. This is our 3rd Gloria so she stays nice looking.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 02-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #9
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Please tell me that I didn't look as grumpy all night as I did in those pictures!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #10
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dallas thought Mickey was his brother!

I love how you talked the hotel price down!

What IS up with no free internet at Disney? $10/day??? Come on!!

I wanna hear the disgusting story!

We always order water at restaurants, too! On occasion I will order a pop and then regret it when I see how much they charged me for it!

I don't like the idea of being squished in a dark cave!

Awww...did you play checkers in Teresa's honor?
Yep, when Dallas was little he thought Mickey was his brother he saw him so much!

The $10/day at disney is rediculous! Lin says next time we aren't staying onsite unless they give us free internet! We usually sign up for AOL for the time we'll be gone, but the dial up was so SLOW!

Uh, let's just say, if you don't think being squished in a dark cave sounds like fun then skip DL! WDW is fine, although it is dark, but not nearly as dark.

Quote:
Of course! I had to post that real quick so I could be first. Then, I went back and added my comments!
I had a feeling you would edit yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
I'm in, I love all these Disboutiquers trip reports. It looks like you all had a great time.
We had a GREAT time! I am so glad we went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Woo Hoo!!! I made it over!!! I'm so proud of you for haggling over the price of the hotel room. I didn't even know that was possible! Thanks for all the pics of the Tom Sawyer's Island. I still haven't made it over there (at DL or WDW). I seriously can't believe we didn't run into each other all day on Sat until the flag pole meet!
I am so cheap that I'll try and talk anyone down in price! Dr Phil always says anything can be haggled for but I don't really agree, most prices are set in stone. Seems hotels are always so wishy washy with AAA pricing, Entertainment card pricing and all the like. Lin doesn't like to do it, but I will. All they can do is say no!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 02-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Please tell me that I didn't look as grumpy all night as I did in those pictures!!!
Nope, never once Grumpy! Not sure why my 2 pictures you look that way! I was actually impressed with how you always looked so cute in all the pictures.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 02-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #12
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

On with the show! I guess you would call this Day 3, more or less, at Epcot! Lin enjoyed doing nothing so much the morning before that we followed suit this morning. So we didn't get to Epcot until around 11 or so.

We parked in Discover, which was behind the tree line and pretty unheard of for Epcot. I have never parked that far back. The parks all seemed extremely crowded and the couple of big foreign groups along with some cheerleaders didn't help. I must say I didn't notice the cheerleaders nearly as much as the groups.

We passed on Spaceship Earth because the wait was 40 minutes and I wasn't standing in that line. Got fastpasses for Test Track and then went in Mouse Gears. I am not usually a big shopper but forgot my earrings and wanted to buy a cheap pair. I had loved Megan's the night before and was pretty much what I wanted anyways, plain Mickey looking diamonds. So, got those and then told Lin to look for these little plastic mickey people. I had seen them in a room window on my walk to buy chocolate milk earlier this morning and they were so cute. Well, we found them.

They are called Vinylmation and I am only person in the world who can choose the most expensive item to fall in love with. They were $10 each, not too bad, but it was all a big game you see. You do not know which one you will get, there are 11 in all I think and then a mystery one. So, knowing me I would get the super ugly snow white's apple one and then I would have to buy another. And well, some were okay, some were super cute and some were to die for. I think Dallas wanted the monorail one. So, of course, remember, the game , you can buy a whole box and be guaranteed 2 complete sets and then 1 mystery one. And the lady gave us the whole ebay spiel about selling them. Lin fell for that because we used to pay for most of our disney trip by buying stuff and then selling it on ebay! Of course times are bad now and disney prices jut went too high, so we can't do that anymore. But Lin had a and decided we would just sell the others so get the set!

Dallas wanted to open one, so we did. I quickly decided we better buy an extra because he was having fun with it and I was afraid he would either lose it or ding it up (because other kids were coming) and didn't want the "set" ruined. So Lin ran back in and got another, Kermit this time!

We had just walked out of the shop though and my phone rang! What a nice noise! We never use our phones so I was lucky I knew how to answer it! Really, I was! It was Cindee and Morgan had wanted to find Dallas. So we told them where we were and they headed over.

They were pretty close actually so within a minute or so we saw them walking up! Morgan looked so cute again this day! Complete with the best mom BBB do ever! If I ever have a girl I'll be hiring Cindee for sure!

And along came Jord! Jord was just as adorable as I thought she would be! All decked out with her princess crown and all!

We still had about and hour or more before the fast pass could be used and for some reason we just sat there. I totally enjoyed it and maybe that is why I never once thought to walk somewhere! The kids just played, totally entertaining themselves, Lin and Shell talked and I got to talk to Cindee all by myself with really very little interruption! That was nice!

Now, while we were sitting there I had to check out Cindee's totally cool stroller holder she made! I knew someone made one and remember pictures being posted on the disboutique thread but it is a joke to ever try and go back to find something, so I studied it and might just make us one. I really think we could be done with the stroller, it is only used for napping, but I can't imagine not having it! I love to throw our junk under it and Dallas usually falls asleep atleast once per day, usually waiting for something.

So, it was finally time for the fastpass for TT. Lin took Morgan and Dallas on. I am so glad that I got one. I usually get one but don't always go on whatever ride. I was kind of torn, sorry disboutiquers. Our time was 1:50 and we were to meet at 2 in China. I KNEW we wouldn't make it but I also couldn't see not having them go on it, good thing I did, because we never went back to Epcot. I had thought at one point that I would walk over while Lin and Dallas rode and they could find me, that was before we met up with Cindee, but all worked out and we were a bit late!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 02-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

And now for the DISBOUTIQUERS MEET!

I took ALOT and I mean ALOT of pictures! And I'll probably just post them all! So have fun looking! I'll have a few comments along the way too.

Tom's ruffles and dresses! WOW! They are 100x more beautiful in person! I got to see 2 of his Feliz's and they were both amazing!

Kathy was just wonderful! I wish we would have had more time to chat! And Lin enjoyed chatting with her DH too! Thank goodness he was good with all the DH's this trip! He had a LONG time to chat with them!

Kristine was so good with all the kids! She actually cared and listened to what they had to say! I would have been like uh huh, yep, good, etc!

Poor Jacob. He didn't seem to enjoy himself at all today.

Alot of the kids had these cute little puppet things! They were quite cute, but glad Dallas doesn't ask for much. Now, if I was a kid I would have died until I got one! They became quite tangled too, but Stacy was determined to untangle them and I think there was a secret to them also.

The kids!

Nope, not one picture of even half of them looking I don't think! They all started making faces so then we took a silly face picture!

HeatherSue and TeresaJoy's mom is just the sweetest!

Piper and her coach!

I also wish I would have got to spend more time with Piper! What a wonderful lady!

Heather

Tom

Then along came Jeanne and her gang along with Tberi and her kiddos!

Some pin trading started happening! Or pin stealing in Dallas' case!

This is Little, T's Lily.

And Jeanne's Lily.

We had all stood around and talked for a while and decided to head to Norway and ride the boat ride there! So off went our little group!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877

Last edited by jessica52877; 02-16-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #14
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Nope, never once Grumpy! Not sure why my 2 pictures you look that way! I was actually impressed with how you always looked so cute in all the pictures.
Really...where are those pics Every pic you have of me I look like a loon!!!

I truly enjoyed the kids company. And that Morgan is soooo cute. I think that pic is when she came up to me and reminded me that we didn't "get much of a chance to talk" the night before and was wondering if we could "have a chat now". LOVED her.

Wow you are flying through your TR! I feel so inadequate now!!!

You forgot to mention how many compliments those FAB cuties shirts got that afternoon. People went out of the way to compliment them.

AND you solved the mystery of the Vinylmation green/red one. It's Snow White's apple. Do you know how long Stacy and I contemplated that one and couldn't figure it out???? That particular one is the whole reason I didn't buy one for Aisling. I was afraid I'd get it. I almost spent the $40 on the Small World one but if you try to collect the big ones, where on earth do you put them?

Last edited by Tnkrbelle565; 02-16-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #15
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really...where are those pics Every pic you have of me I look like a loon!!!

I truly enjoyed the kids company. And that Morgan is soooo cute. I think that pic is when she came up to me and reminded me that we didn't "get much of a chance to talk" the night before and was wondering if we could "have a chat now". LOVED her.

Wow you are flying through your TR! I feel so inadequate now!!!

You forgot to mention how many compliments those FAB cuties shirts got that afternoon. People went out of the way to compliment them.
Oh crap! I forgot my story and I never had a story to tell before about cute shirts, so I must tell it in a minute!

You do not look like loon, although I will say when I posted it I thought you would say something. You were just mid talking when I snapped the picture. Don't worry, I got plenty more cute ones coming.

I haven't left the computer all day (once I finally got up at 1 pm) and Dallas has not left the tv except to finish up some homework. Yep, bad mommy day, and I even let him watch SpongeBob! He was on and his mommy. I did veto Pokemon though. What is it with him learning how to change the channel up and down, he used to just type in #'s so had no idea these other channels existed!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: