Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #76
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo View Post
OMG I want these.
I NEED these!
I finally got my "valentine's gift that I bought for myself but DH lays claim to giving it to me anyway" on my vehicle- it's a mickey head hitch cover. I had to go buy a locking hitch pin before I could put it on. (yes locking- no one is stealing it unless they go to a LOT of trouble LOL) I had all kinds of heck getting this thing (hitch cover)- bought one on ebay and it arrived broken and the mickey part was so thin DH said he couldn't weld it back together- so I had to buy another one (much thicker mickey head- although smaller but still good, yep, still good) and then go buy the hitch pin- and put it on tonight! I NEED these mickey heads.
Where did you get this? DH put a hitch on my new car so I definitely need the Mickey head and a little compensation.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #77
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRog View Post
On another note...."motofamily" sent me this photo. These are a substitution for the "Stick Family" decals you see on the back of EVERYONE'S vehicle!!! I think these are alot cuter than the stick family...and they are working on designing something to represent the cats and dogs of a family as well. Arent these cool....

If anyone is interested in getting a set of these, PM motofamily.
Motofamily - I sent you a PM! I love these!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #78
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
Where did you get this? DH put a hitch on my new car so I definitely need the Mickey head and a little compensation.
Ebay
The first one was a dud (and apparently really made by Disney- go figure! The mickey part was very thin and the hitch part broke off in transit thru USPS... and the mickey head is too thin for my DH to weld it back on!) -the 2nd one from another seller he apparently makes them himself- and I like it better. The first one was also so big that when I put it up there on the back of the car- just holding the mickey head to see what it would be like- it was where mickey's ears were over the bumper yanno? The 2nd non-broken one is smaller and the ears come up to just at the bumper. I like that better for some reason. I think it's because the bigger one from afar all you'd see is the circle part- you'd have to be up close to notice the Mickey ears with bumper background. KWIM? Hard to explain.
anyway, I'll send you a pm with a link to his auctions. He has a US flag with lettering on it- a sticker you can remove if you want to- on the hitch part (that goes in the hitch receiver and isn't seen when it's in there) -it's already on and locked or I'd tell you what it said but it was something like his ebay name- I assume he made it since also it's thicker than the one that was from Disney. LOL So I assume he'll have more listed!
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
2006 GF RPC & Disney "double scoop" cruise (family trip)
2008 Disneyland & EB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
2009 WDW @ FW & 7nt Western Cruise (family trip)
2010 DL (mom & kids road trip), WB TransAtlantic Cruise (family trip)
2011 DL & Wonder B2B repo & Alaska! (family trip), offsite WDW mom & kids trip
2012 DL Jan/Feb 2012 (w/friend), WDW/Fantasy 6/23/12 (family trip)
2013 Magic Galveston cruise (family trip), July DL (family trip)
2014 WB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
BibbidyBobbidyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:28 AM   #79
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo View Post
Ebay
The first one was a dud (and apparently really made by Disney- go figure! The mickey part was very thin and the hitch part broke off in transit thru USPS... and the mickey head is too thin for my DH to weld it back on!) -the 2nd one from another seller he apparently makes them himself- and I like it better. The first one was also so big that when I put it up there on the back of the car- just holding the mickey head to see what it would be like- it was where mickey's ears were over the bumper yanno? The 2nd non-broken one is smaller and the ears come up to just at the bumper. I like that better for some reason. I think it's because the bigger one from afar all you'd see is the circle part- you'd have to be up close to notice the Mickey ears with bumper background. KWIM? Hard to explain.
anyway, I'll send you a pm with a link to his auctions. He has a US flag with lettering on it- a sticker you can remove if you want to- on the hitch part (that goes in the hitch receiver and isn't seen when it's in there) -it's already on and locked or I'd tell you what it said but it was something like his ebay name- I assume he made it since also it's thicker than the one that was from Disney. LOL So I assume he'll have more listed!
Thank you!! I got your PM but your mailbox is full so I can't respond. I sent the link off to DH so he can buy it for me.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #80
AuburnJen92
DIS Veteran

Okeedokee folks....after letting my vendor have it for sending my decals PARCEL POST, I finally got them today. (he is only across the state, so it should have got here in one day, not a week)

I printed Shan's work out on the decals and it looks good. There are two different decals, one with a clear background and one with a white background, no price difference. Here are the instructions as I have them...

Trim design to final shape/format. Place in cold water for about 30-60 seconds until transfer film releases from backing paper. Slide the image on the transfer film off the backing paper directly onto the final product. (some suggested uses are glass, plates, ash trays, candles, soap, smooth surfaces...please note that it is not dishwasher safe however for obvious reasons) You can even put this on ceramic mugs and bake them in an oven at 350 for 5-6 minutes and hand wash them afterwards.
Use a rubber squeegee to squeeze out the water completely from underneath the transfer film by rubbing over the surface from the center to the sides. The better you remove all exces water, the better your final result. (this is also true with vinyl applications as well)
Let the transfer dry for at least 6 hours.

If this sounds like something you would like to do, pm me and I can get one made up for you in the design you like. I also have the white vinyl mickey I posted above. Pm's are preferred. Please remember, my machine only goes up to 23inches wide, so if you need something bigger, please pm motofamily.
AuburnJen92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #81
LORNADUCK
DIS Veteran

Jen I would love one Mickey Musket how much will they be?
LORNADUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #82
AuburnJen92
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORNADUCK View Post
Jen I would love one Mickey Musket how much will they be?
pm me and let me know what you want it to say underneath (yes you can personalize it) and i can quote you from there
Old 03-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #83
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
Thank you!! I got your PM but your mailbox is full so I can't respond. I sent the link off to DH so he can buy it for me.
Yeah sorry. I emptied it out after I got the email saying it was full. Hope you get it and like it as much as I do!
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
2006 GF RPC & Disney "double scoop" cruise (family trip)
2008 Disneyland & EB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
2009 WDW @ FW & 7nt Western Cruise (family trip)
2010 DL (mom & kids road trip), WB TransAtlantic Cruise (family trip)
2011 DL & Wonder B2B repo & Alaska! (family trip), offsite WDW mom & kids trip
2012 DL Jan/Feb 2012 (w/friend), WDW/Fantasy 6/23/12 (family trip)
2013 Magic Galveston cruise (family trip), July DL (family trip)
2014 WB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
BibbidyBobbidyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #84
BigDaddyRog
Ask me about my cartoon pitch
I'm all Disney'd up feeling innocent and pure
Cut up and act like a clown while ya gotta chance to embarrass those that are forced to love you.

Bump

Whos getting stickers??
BigDaddyRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #85
motofamily
We LOVE Disney!

Stickers

I have a few here and there sorry I am having a crazy day!
motofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #86
AuburnJen92
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRog View Post
Bump

Whos getting stickers??
you are, be quiet...i am getting there...
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #87
K9 mickey
Earning My Ears

I am looking for a wooden "Musket Mickey" sign if anybody knows of one avalible.
K9 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #88
team bradfield
happy campers

I had my printed from best decal.com in 09. 11 bucks

DS#1 NAVY
DS#2 ARMY
DS#3 NAVY
DD#1
DD#2:
DD#3rincess:
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote