Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #31
mvansear
Mouseketeer

I have looked on Universals web site and cannot find their closed ride section. Could someone help TIA

CBR Christmas 2003, POR Feb 2007, CR Jan 20, 2010
mvansear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #32
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvansear View Post
I have looked on Universals web site and cannot find their closed ride section. Could someone help TIA
Closings are listed on the park calendar page here:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Reso...ark_hours.aspx
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #33
m.urbanian87
You're never gonna be alone from this moment on. If you ever feel like letting go, I won't let you fall. When all hope is gone, I know that you can carry on. We're gonna take the world on. I'll hold you 'til the hurt is gone.

Attractions Closed in January 2010

hei people I send a message to Universal Guest Services asking them which attraction were going to be closed in January 23 to 30 and they send me this email

Dear Mr. Rivera,

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.

At this time, The Flying Unicorn® and The Enchanted Oak Tavern® have permanently closed as construction continues on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™.

As of this writing, Fear Factor®, Fievel’s Playland®, Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster®, Disaster!SM, and Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges® are scheduled to be closed during the timeframe of your visit; however, please be advised that our operating hours are subject to change at any time without notice.

I encourage you to continue checking http://www.universalorlando.com/Reso...rk_hours.aspx# for the most up-to-date information on scheduled attraction closures. You can also telephone us at (407) 224-4233, option two (2), closer to your visit.

Again, thank you for contacting us. We look forward to entertaining you.

Guest Services

Universal Orlando®

Last edited by phamton; 12-29-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: removed team member's name
m.urbanian87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #34
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for the update. I'm going to move this over to the thread on ride closures.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #35
taliategan
DIS Veteran

[At this time, The Flying Unicorn® and The Enchanted Oak Tavern® have permanently closed as construction continues on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™.

As of this writing, Fear Factor®, Fievel’s Playland®, Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster®, Disaster!SM, and Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges® are scheduled to be closed during the timeframe of your visit; however, please be advised that our operating hours are subject to change at any time without notice. /QUOTE]

We will be there on 1/20. I have not seen anything posted on the Web Site yet as far as closures. Disaster will be a disappointment, and our kids would have enjoyed the Woody Coaster. The others should not effect us to much. I guess its the price you have to pay for low crowds.
taliategan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #36
m.urbanian87
You're never gonna be alone from this moment on. If you ever feel like letting go, I won't let you fall. When all hope is gone, I know that you can carry on. We're gonna take the world on. I'll hold you 'til the hurt is gone.

well i really don't know why they didn ot put this info in the website.. that's why i send them a message asking about dueling dragons closing by january

Old 12-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #37
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.urbanian87 View Post
well i really don't know why they didn ot put this info in the website.. that's why i send them a message asking about dueling dragons closing by january
I think the reason nothing is put on the website is attractions closings and refurbs are hit or miss on the schedule and process so nothing is written in stone.

My guess on DD is this...Universal will wait until the last possible minute to refurb anything on DD since it's so popular. That's not to say I'm completely off base but that's my feeling. I don't know exactly what is intended other than a paint job and possible new trains. I hope the castle isn't changed much since it's so cool to walk through. I can't imagine it would take a long time to paint the tracks and switch the trains but I have no idea.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #38
m.urbanian87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
I think the reason nothing is put on the website is attractions closings and refurbs are hit or miss on the schedule and process so nothing is written in stone.

My guess on DD is this...Universal will wait until the last possible minute to refurb anything on DD since it's so popular. That's not to say I'm completely off base but that's my feeling. I don't know exactly what is intended other than a paint job and possible new trains. I hope the castle isn't changed much since it's so cool to walk through. I can't imagine it would take a long time to paint the tracks and switch the trains but I have no idea.
yeap i think so

Old 01-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #39
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
DD will continue to operate as long as possible. Their line is all sorts of wonky: the entrance and exit are still through the JP gate, you only enter the "castle" when you go to choose your dragon--the rest of the queue is closed, etc.

Disaster is closed for refurb, as is Popeye & Bluto's. Ripsaw will be closing for refurb in Feb.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #40
freckels13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dark Marauder View Post
DD will continue to operate as long as possible. Their line is all sorts of wonky: the entrance and exit are still through the JP gate, you only enter the "castle" when you go to choose your dragon--the rest of the queue is closed, etc.

Disaster is closed for refurb, as is Popeye & Bluto's. Ripsaw will be closing for refurb in Feb.
How do you know that? Ripsaw closing in feb? and popeye and disaster is closed for refurb until when?
thanks
freckels13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:35 PM   #41
freckels13
Earning My Ears

I'm going Feb 13-23.

I send an email to Universal asking which attraction were going to be closed in February 13 to 23 and they sent me this email:

Dear Ms B,

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.

At this time, The Flying Unicorn® and The Enchanted Oak Tavern® have permanently closed as construction continues on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™.

As of this writing, no other attractions are scheduled to be closed during the timeframe of your visit; however, please be advised that our operating hours are subject to change at any time without notice.

So i guess Ripsaw, popeye and disaster will be out from refurb on that days.
freckels13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #42
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckels13 View Post
How do you know that?
Well...DM is a TM at Universal.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #43
taliategan
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how long Disaster will be closed for rehab? It appears that Universal's web site is no longer listing closure dates or at least has not been updated to list current closures. Is there any other place this information would be listed?
taliategan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #44
DISman13
Mouseketeer

I'm going the week before the previous poster and sent them a similar email. They sent me the same response. So if Ripsaw is going down for rehab, it's only going to be for the first few days of February.

Also, do any of you guys know whether Hulk is undergoing rehab right now? It hasn't been listed on the wait times website in at least three days.
DISman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #45
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

Protip: The e-mails you received may not have the most up-to-date information.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: