Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #121
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogirl'smom View Post
Just take the pill, take the pill!
I don't have any idea what pill you're talking about......
Old 02-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #122
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Keep it coming.....................

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #123
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

I could never understand some of the projects that get sent home...my DS was just NOT crafty! (So you know who did most of the work!)
And I give Hunter a <high five> for trying to stay home! It never hurts to try!

I am a little concerned over the fact that MIL is getting on your nerves already and you haven't even boarded the plane yet....... I do hope it gets better!

As for procrastinating....yes, I would say you are very good at it, but I am glad the TR has officially started. Can't wait for more!

BTW...Thanks for thinking of my in AK! My DH & I missed them performing when we were there. I did have fun dancing with those guys! LOL
Old 02-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #124
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

That last line made me laugh! Looking forward to what's to come!

Old 02-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #125
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

I hate GPS's!! You get to a "Y" in the road and it says to continue on that path.....really??? Which one?? The one thats straight ahead of me or the actual highway that I'm on that slightly curves to the right or left?? I pick the wrong one every time. What a pain in the you know what! I told DH never to plug that into my car again.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #126
Bill'swife
Earning My Ears

Trouble from the start. OH Boy, can't wait to read more. (Not more trouble of course)

Tammy
Old 02-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #127
heatherlizz602
Mouseketeer

This is going to be awesome!!! I'm ready
Old 02-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #128
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

oh man.. what a start of a trip.. I can never sleep the night before we are leaving.. it just doesn't happen. Last year, my DH finally said- "I'm getting up I can't sleep I'm just laying here" hehe He's just as bad as me when it comes to vacations! I hope the next morning turned out ok!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #129
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

She's getting on your nerves already? Wow this is going to be a fantastic TR
Old 02-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #130
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

OK, I can already tell, this is going to be good........
Does MIL read the DIS?
Old 02-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #131
Underdog369
The Enabler and Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
The original plan was to leave at 3 but Evan and Bailie had play practice so it was 5 before we pulled out of town. In our van we had D.jay, Bailie , Ethan and me along with 14 pieces of luggage!
Mil drove her car with Evan and Hunter. She has this little gps she plugs into her car whenever she goes anywhere. She suggested we follow her to the hotel (we were staying overnight by the airport which is almost 2 hours away), but because we know better..........we told her we'd just meet her there.

I could tell lots of stories about Mil and her driving and getting lost going places she's familiar with.......but I'll be nice.

We ended up leaving 20 minutes later than she did and still made it to the hotel before her. As soon as we got out of the cars Hunter told us that because whe was following her gps , they ended up going the wrong way on a very busy one way street. Most people would have noticed the street signs, but she'd drive into a lake if that's what that little gprs told her to do.

I think I finally got to sleep around midnight. I was so excited, I had a hard time sleeping and I was a little worried because MIL was already getting on my nerves..................................
K. You might not, but I will. Alright not really, but my mother was one who, during winter, forgot to unplug the cord from the car heater, drove all through town, and got mad because no one told her the cord was attached to the car.

The GPS is another story. She uses the GPS during her work, which is fine, but gets lost when the GPS leads her to a road that dead ends. I'm suprised she doesn't yell at the GPS the same way she yelled at the recording at the airport.

My wife was dropping off my mother at an airport, stopped at the curb, and proceeded to unload her things. As she did, a recording came up saying that parking in a certain zone is not permitted. The voice chimed the same message a second time to which she replied in a loud voice( well, really screamed it), "I can't move. I'm late. I can't miss my plane." My wife then spoke to my mother saying, "that's a recorded message."

Oh, the fun things that happen in my family.

Me DW DS DD DS DS and JY

We are a happy family.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #132
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Keep it coming.....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsession View Post
I am a little concerned over the fact that MIL is getting on your nerves already and you haven't even boarded the plane yet....... I do hope it gets better!
considering she lives with me..........it doesn't take much for me to be annoyed sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
That last line made me laugh! Looking forward to what's to come!
it get's even better........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
I hate GPS's!! You get to a "Y" in the road and it says to continue on that path.....really??? Which one?? The one thats straight ahead of me or the actual highway that I'm on that slightly curves to the right or left?? I pick the wrong one every time. What a pain in the you know what! I told DH never to plug that into my car again.
I've never personally used one.........just laughed at her mis adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill'swife View Post
Trouble from the start. OH Boy, can't wait to read more. (Not more trouble of course)
admit it...........the trouble makes it more fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlizz602 View Post
This is going to be awesome!!! I'm ready
there seems to be alot of popcorn eating going on.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
oh man.. what a start of a trip.. I can never sleep the night before we are leaving.. it just doesn't happen. Last year, my DH finally said- "I'm getting up I can't sleep I'm just laying here" hehe He's just as bad as me when it comes to vacations! I hope the next morning turned out ok!
I'm really bad whenever I have something early in the morning.....I set the alarm and check it 50 times before I'm sure it's set right........then I wake up every 2 minutes to see what time it is.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
She's getting on your nerves already? Wow this is going to be a fantastic TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
OK, I can already tell, this is going to be good........
Does MIL read the DIS?
nope, I haven't told her about it.....
Old 02-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #133
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I might be a good idea not to tell her about it....
Old 02-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #134
winkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I might be a good idea not to tell her about it....
yeah......that's kinda what I thougt too.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #135
winkers

The Swiss Army knife of carry-on's......

I spent the night with one eye on the clock and the other closed praying for sleep......it didn't work too well. By 3 I gave up and tried to find something on the **** tube to entertain myself. That didn't work either. I was like a monkey on crack with the remote control. The worst thing was I felt like a cold was setting in.

By 5, I had the troops showered, dressed and in the vehicles, without one fight, complaint, whine, or threat of bodily harm. Normally that would have been a huge accomplishemt that would have won me a Nobel Peace prize or perhaps Secretary of State. Nope.

Behold. The power of going to disney world.

We got ourselves parked in the ecconomy, way out in the boonies, lot. And started our hike to the terminal in about 15 degree weather. But we were all armed with our light jackets and the knowledge that we would soon be in sunny Florida. Take that freezing north west.

Well, all but one of us was......can you guess who was the dissenter?
I, like a mothr duck, was at the head of our line of 7 and turned around to see MIL wearing her PARKA. I think she missed the memo about Florida being way south of us and not up north near Alaska.
We were all warmed by thoughts of sunshine and magical express, while she was anticipating a trip through frozen tundra on a dog sled.

We got checked in and through security.....again this is amazing to me each time we make it. You never know what's hiding in the recess of an 8 & 11 yr old boys back pack.......
In MIl's effort to remove her parka, shoes ,and get all her stuff ready for security, she ended up several groups behind us.

I took the time to run and get some cold medicine for me and Bailie, she was feeling something too. When I got done with that MIL had finaly made it through security and was in the process of getting her things back together...........this was a warning of things to come.

We were all hungry by this time so we ended up at starbucks for breakfast. The fact that non of us drink coffee is a little funny to me as I sit there reading the menu. I finally just gave up and said what doesn't have coffe in it?

Several muffins, fruit cups, fruity drinks and $42 bucks later, we were on our way to the gate.

When we borded the crop duster that would take us to our connection in SLC. The boys were further back on the plane then the girls. This had rows of 4 seats , 2 on each side. Bailie was next to me by the window and MIL was across the aisle next to a saint of a man.

What took place the next 15 minutes could have come straight from a Jerry Lewis comedy, if Jerry Lewis were a 66 year old woman.

She had this ginormous back pack, carry on thing along with a huge purse, pillow( no not a travel size pillow, a regular size one), blanket (again huge) and her faux fur lined parka.

When she was able she would stand in the aisle unpacking all these things from her swiss army knife of carry-on's. Just when I thought there couldn't possibly be anything else, she'd pull out something like.....her lap top, newspaper, or book.

When someone else would need past her, she would squeeze her self into her seat, elbowing and half sitting on the poor guy next to her. The flight attendant askled her at least twice to hurry, because they were ready to go. I think they were half stunned by the amount of crap this lady had.

Once she had all her neccesities out for the hour and fifteen minute flight, it required a flight attendant and me to hold all her stuff so she could locate the seatbelt. This again ended with the guy getting an elbow or 2 to the ribs.

She finally settled in for the flight with her parka still on, this would be removed 15 minutes into the flight causing more pain to the guy next to her, a blanket on her lap, pillow behind her head, strange corn filled shoulder warmer bag, on her shoulders, lap top turned off, but on her lap, newspaper that would end up causing more pain for the saint next to her, a sudoku book and a novel, along with her drink, fruit cup and other assorted snacks. All this for a short flight.

I sat across the aisle, half mortified and half laughing at the sight. Mostly I was worried, because we only had 20 minutes after we landed untill our next flight departed......

up next......the amazing race.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: