Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #106
princesshannahsmom
Mouseketeer

I'm Here

I am coming out of lurkdom to follow along!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #107
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I had a child on a mission to pee in every bathroom in disney world....
Then you have to use that title, LOL. I have one of those kids too. He had to pee in every states welcome center when we drove from CT to FL a couple of years ago.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #108
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogirl'smom View Post
I like "Conquering the World....". It matches your avatar.
I hadn't thought of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshannahsmom View Post
I am coming out of lurkdom to follow along!
Hi! Thanks for de-lurking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLaura View Post
Then you have to use that title, LOL. I have one of those kids too. He had to pee in every states welcome center when we drove from CT to FL a couple of years ago.
Mine can pee 20 times from one mouthfull of water.........
Old 02-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #109
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I actually enjoyed all your titles...but I can't find out why you are not going to vacay with your MIL anymore LOL!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 02-26-2009, 07:17 AM   #110
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 02-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #111
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

OK Winkers....How can you go 8 pages of posts and STILL not start the TR??? You're good!

I have been MIA from the boards for awhile, but happen to see your TR today when I have finally been able to come back. Glad I found it and can't wait to hear all about your "healthy" trip to the World!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #112
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I actually enjoyed all your titles...but I can't find out why you are not going to vacay with your MIL anymore LOL!!!
you'll soon find out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsession View Post
OK Winkers....How can you go 8 pages of posts and STILL not start the TR??? You're good!

I have been MIA from the boards for awhile, but happen to see your TR today when I have finally been able to come back. Glad I found it and can't wait to hear all about your "healthy" trip to the World!
I guess I have a rare gift for stalling?

I thought about you and your dancing in AK when we were there watching them play!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #113
winkers

The Long Blue Mile

The day of departure finally arrived! It had felt like it would never get there. That morning Hunter begged me to let him stay home from school and "help" me pack. But, mean mom that I am, I made him go to school, so he could annoy his teachers with constant talk of the trip.
That's my re-payment for the "projects" that get sent home for him to do and really all they are is busy work for the parents. Really, what is it they learn from building a fort out of toothpicks?

Once I got the kids off to school, I was in full on packing mode. I'm a procrastinator so I always pack right before I go somewhere. Suprisingly I had 6 suitcases and 6 carry on's ready to go within the hour.

The original plan was to leave at 3 but Evan and Bailie had play practice so it was 5 before we pulled out of town. In our van we had D.jay, Bailie , Ethan and me along with 14 pieces of luggage!
Mil drove her car with Evan and Hunter. She has this little gps she plugs into her car whenever she goes anywhere. She suggested we follow her to the hotel (we were staying overnight by the airport which is almost 2 hours away), but because we know better..........we told her we'd just meet her there.

I could tell lots of stories about Mil and her driving and getting lost going places she's familiar with.......but I'll be nice.

We ended up leaving 20 minutes later than she did and still made it to the hotel before her. As soon as we got out of the cars Hunter told us that because whe was following her gps , they ended up going the wrong way on a very busy one way street. Most people would have noticed the street signs, but she'd drive into a lake if that's what that little gprs told her to do.

Anyway, I got us checked in and got the directions to our rooms. Once we got to them I found that they had put us into 2 rooms with only 1 queen size bed. So I had to walk this super long blue corridor that I swear stretches for a mile, back to the front dest to get new rooms.

We got into the right rooms and then headed back down the long blue mile to eat in the hotels restaurant. It was this huge place and we were the only ones there. it was a little odd.

After a nice meal we had just gotten into bed when the phone rings......It's MIL having a total freak out. Once she calmed down enough for me to understand her, she said that their bathroom was flooded. So D.jay headed back to the front desk for another room key and I went to help get their stuff moved.
When I looked in the bathroom there was a little water, but certainly not a flood. Nothing to have gotten so worked up about. It didn't get on anything.

I think I finally got to sleep around midnight. I was so excited, I had a hard time sleeping and I was a little worried because MIL was already getting on my nerves..................................
Old 02-26-2009, 10:11 AM   #114
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

And it begins!!

I HATE GPS!! Seriously! They really don't know everything.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 02-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #115
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Quote:
I was so excited, I had a hard time sleeping and I was a little worried because MIL was already getting on my nerves
Can't blame Hunter for tryin' . Oh dear the dreaded GPS, I even find when you look up directions online they are wrong. This comment scares me, I hope you had a good time even though you're MIL was driving you crazy and you're not even at Disney.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #116
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's my re-payment for the "projects" that get sent home for him to do and really all they are is busy work for the parents. Really, what is it they learn from building a fort out of toothpicks?
I hear ya! I hate projects! Any projects I want the kids to do, we do them in my classroom -- I love most of my parents, but I don't want to see what they can do.

Quote:
Most people would have noticed the street signs, but she'd drive into a lake if that's what that little gprs told her to do.
Just like that episode of "The Office" when Michael has a GPS he is following...

Quote:
I think I finally got to sleep around midnight. I was so excited, I had a hard time sleeping and I was a little worried because MIL was already getting on my nerves..................................
Foreshadowing at its best?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #117
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great update!!! Wow...I'm sorry you had trouble with the rooms, but at least you were on your way!!! WOW...you MIL already getting on your nerves that can't bode well for this trip!!!

Can't wait to read more!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 02-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #118
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Oh Boy, frustrated already. You're not even outta the starting gate!

You're MIL sounds like my Mom.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #119
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

Just take the pill, take the pill!

Old 02-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #120
winkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I HATE GPS!! Seriously! They really don't know everything.
I've never used one myself..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLaura View Post
Oh dear the dreaded GPS, I even find when you look up directions online they are wrong. This comment scares me, I hope you had a good time even though you're MIL was driving you crazy and you're not even at Disney.
you'll have to hang around and see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
:Just like that episode of "The Office" when Michael has a GPS he is following...
Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What a great update!!! Wow...I'm sorry you had trouble with the rooms, but at least you were on your way!!! !
what surprised me was they made us go to get the new keys both times and it was their problem. It was seriusly a five minute walk down this never ending corridor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
You're MIL sounds like my Mom.
I'm not sure if I shuld laugh or give my condolences.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: