Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 07:31 AM   #751
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Your a good son DJ. Just think, one day you will get to do this stuff to your kids.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #752
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Grandma's a pirate

Our rest at the resort was just what I needed. Actually, I rested while D.Jay ran from kid to kid swipeing one of teh two 30 minute arcade cards we got with our package.

I really need the rest, my head was killing me along with my back and foot.

With all of the aches and pains, a beached whale would have moved more gracefully than I did.

on the bus..

We got back to MK around 5 and called MIL to let her know we were there.
No answer.
We walked around almost 45 minutes and she still wasn't answering.

I was just glad we had cell phones! My sister in law has great stories from about 10 years ago before any of them had cell phones. They lived in Albany NY, so mil would go out every year to visit. They tried to take her to as many places on the east coast as they could.
The one thing they could count on was MIL getting lost or not showing up untill 2 hours after the appointed meeting time. Leaving them stuck in one place untill she showed up totally oblivious to the inconvience or worry she caused.

Since we had the phones we decided to go ride BTMRR. Not a smart move on my part. that train caused kinks in my neck and back that would give my chiropractor nightmares.

As we were headed to POTC we ran into her. She looked like she had really enjoyed her time alone just exploring and she was wearing her own Hannah Montana hat, causing Bailie to be mortified. She didn't think her Grandma should be wearing one. Teens are so fun and easy to embarrss!

After POTC MIL and Hunter had a little fun...

They were having alot of fun and was one of those moments.

Ethan, Evan & I staked out our favortie spectro viewing spot while everyone else went to get dinner.

It was so freaking cold!!! Which made just sitting there seem longer than normal. And of course about 5 minutes before the parade started we were being smashed and stepped on by people who thought that we should give them our spots we had been at for almost an hour.

We always try to smoosh together so other's can get a good place but it really ticks me when someone just shoves their way in. I guess it's just part of disney parades.

The parade was only about half as long as usual, most likely because of the freezing temp. Disney didn't want a bunch of frozen parade goers, I guess. Actually, I've never been so glad to see the end of a parade before!

We were all at the "teeth chattering" stage and just wanted to get warm. On the way out we stopped for a few pics.

up next.....why didn't you just bring a pack mule?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #753
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
D Jay....you are a good man. you know your mom is human and has faults, but love her just the same. you're a good role model for your kids...i think.
yes, he is. His childhood is something that could be made into a Lifetime movie....pretty close to hell. Instead of being resentfull, he took those lessons and learned how to be a better person. She is very lucky to have him. Sadly 2 of her 4 sons have practically nothing to do with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
Your a good son DJ. Just think, one day you will get to do this stuff to your kids.
if he does, he's going in a home.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:15 AM   #754
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

My gosh, I can't imagine being that cold at Disney! We typically melt down there! How funny MIL with a Hannah Montana hat....
Again I must say, you are a saint!

Old 07-24-2009, 01:43 AM   #755
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post

up next.....why didn't you just bring a pack mule?
I love all these pix...especially of each kid in front of the castle.

You have one bad incident with MIL and then you capture something magical with her...at least there's some pixie dust
Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 AM   #756
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
After POTC MIL and Hunter had a little fun...

hunter's fighting with handcuffs on....no fair!

Quote:
And of course about 5 minutes before the parade started we were being smashed and stepped on by people who thought that we should give them our spots we had been at for almost an hour.
don't you just love that??? i think you should have to take and pass a common courtesy class before you're allowed to go to disney world.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #757
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

So glad you finally ran into MIL at POTC! I love the pictures of her sword fighting with Hunter!

I can tell you were all freezing just looking at the photos! Brrrr!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #758
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

What a relief you finally ran into your MIL!

Your kids look so cold!!! What was the temp the week you were there?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #759
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

I'm glad you found the future Mrs. Eeeyore finally! I have to say that I think it's awesome that she was sword-fighting with Hunter - that's a cool thing for a grandma to do IMO You all look soooooooo cold
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 07-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #760
bedillamouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
yeah, it was really funny.

wow! It sounds like you had it alot harder than me. What was she doing?

I have to keep my foot proped up at heart level at all times...if I don't it throbs like crazy.

boy do I have stories.....I'll just have to think of them.
She would freak out at everything....we arrived 2 days earlier than the rest of my family...they booked 1 night at the AK...when they arrived to check in they were informed they were family of the day and got upgraded to a 2 br suite! Right?? well my mother was crying when I got to the room because things weren't going according to plans and she didn't know why she was flipping out. This was a beautiful suite!!!

We were supposed to all meet at the MK in the morning to spend all day with the family and I got a call from my sister that morning saying my mom wouldn't come out of the room...she was crying non stop and didn't want to deal with MK. Basically my mom spent the whole time in the room....where people took turns staying with her until my dad had had enough and left with her. In her defense we've just found out she has Parkinson's so maybe that had something to do with it. ? . There's a ton of more stories but that's just an example of some of them.

DH DD9 DD7
Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #761
winkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
My gosh, I can't imagine being that cold at Disney! We typically melt down there! How funny MIL with a Hannah Montana hat....
Again I must say, you are a saint!
If I was a saint, there wouldn't be any complaining.
I'm also not dillusional to think that I don't drive her insane too. Heck, I annoy myself at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I love all these pix...especially of each kid in front of the castle.

You have one bad incident with MIL and then you capture something magical with her...at least there's some pixie dust
I was surprised the kids would hold still for those pictures because they were all so cold.
Thinks aren't always bad with MIL, but the stories are usually funny after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
hunter's fighting with handcuffs on....no fair!

don't you just love that??? i think you should have to take and pass a common courtesy class before you're allowed to go to disney world.
Hunter said the handcuffs made him fighting with "the old lady" even.

I think there should be a class before people are let out into public in general!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
So glad you finally ran into MIL at POTC! I love the pictures of her sword fighting with Hunter!

I can tell you were all freezing just looking at the photos! Brrrr!
It felt like we were back in washington....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Your kids look so cold!!! What was the temp the week you were there?
I know it got into the low 30's during the evening...they had record breaking lows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
I'm glad you found the future Mrs. Eeeyore finally! I have to say that I think it's awesome that she was sword-fighting with Hunter - that's a cool thing for a grandma to do IMO You all look soooooooo cold
She is really good at playing with the kids....she's kinda like a big kid herself most the time.
(I meant that in a nice way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedillamouse View Post
We were supposed to all meet at the MK in the morning to spend all day with the family and I got a call from my sister that morning saying my mom wouldn't come out of the room...she was crying non stop and didn't want to deal with MK. Basically my mom spent the whole time in the room....where people took turns staying with her until my dad had had enough and left with her. In her defense we've just found out she has Parkinson's so maybe that had something to do with it. ? . There's a ton of more stories but that's just an example of some of them.
It almost sounds like depression or anxiety attacks or a combination of both. Yikes!
That must have been hard on the whole family!
Old 07-26-2009, 07:17 AM   #762
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

You snuck another update in on me!

I know before I had a phone that rang and vibrated at the same time, I never heard it ring when we were at WDW. Glad you bumped into each other.

Can't believe how cold it was for you guys! On our January trip, it was very chilly a couple of mornings, but I don't remember it being that cold at night. Oh wait - we're usually done with the parks by early afternoon.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 07-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #763
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Wow you all do look cold, I would never think of taking blankets in with me
Old 07-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #764
Underdog369
The Enabler and Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
I don't think I would ever do things like that to my kids. As it is, sometimes my wife calls me by my mom's name for silly things that I do.

Me DW DS DD DS DS and JY

We are a happy family.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #765
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog369 View Post
as it is, sometimes my wife calls me by my mom's name for silly things that i do.
doh!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: