Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #151
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsession View Post
Oh Boy! The visual of your sweet little MIL and all her "stuff"!

Hope you make it to the next flight!
I love how everyone refers to her as "sweet"..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog369 View Post
Let me explain a little more about my mom. When I was younger, and when she came home, she didn't just sit down. She spread out. I mean everything she had was spread out over the space of 3 to 4 seats. Hence the swiss army back pack. I just hope the guy next to her wasn't too annoyed with all the crap she spread out.
One my sister in laws was complaining to me once about MIL and all her stuff, when she was there for a visit. She couldn't believe the amout of crap she took with her, as though she were visiting a desserted island. She was also amazed at the mess she would cause where ever she "landed".........we came up with the analogy of a tornado.........seriously, whenever she sits somewhere it looks like a tornado has landed.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #152
Underdog369
The Enabler and Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
My DH always titles his posts on my pre-trippie too...
That way you know whether I'm adding or detracting from the storyline. Or maybe I'm commenting on another post.

Me DW DS DD DS DS and JY

We are a happy family.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #153
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Oh, this is going to be good! I can't believe she brought that much stuff out for a short flight! By the time you get in the air and have a snack, its time to prepare for landing again. Has she not flown much?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #154
MarriedToAPrince
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read the rest of your TR. Sounds like lots of fun times with your MIL.

9/2000-offsite; 6/2003-All Star Sports-Our Honeymoon; 5/2005-Caribbean Beach; 9/2006-Pop Century; 5/2007-Port Orleans Riverside our baby girl; 9-10/2010-Pop Century-Chaeli's 1st Trip and 3rd Birthday Celebration!; 8/2012-Coronado Springs, 8/2014-Art of Animation
Old 03-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #155
4 Little Bears
Mouseketeer

Your title caught my eye and I had to open and read. Now I'm hooked on your adventures--my family keeps asking me what I laughing at...thanks!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #156
Underdog369

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Oh, this is going to be good! I can't believe she brought that much stuff out for a short flight! By the time you get in the air and have a snack, its time to prepare for landing again. Has she not flown much?
My mom has flown several times from WA to NC. She is the same every time. Although, there were a few times where she REQUIRED a wheel chair and assistance into and out of the air plane EVEN THOUGH SHE DIDN'T NEED IT!!!!!!!!

When we pick her up at the airport, she is usually the last one off the plane. Does this set things up for the next part? You bet! Wait and see.

Me DW DS DD DS DS and JY

We are a happy family.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #157
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]The .
That's my re-payment for the "projects" that get sent home for him to do and really all they are is busy work for the parents. Really, what is it they learn from building a fort out of toothpicks?
]
my favorite was .. we are doing a very special project. please send your child with a blank white T-shirt, and any fruit or vegetable starting with the letter "A". and you have been chosen to provide "glitter" for the classroom.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #158
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My mom has flown several times from WA to NC. She is the same every time. Although, there were a few times where she REQUIRED a wheel chair and assistance into and out of the air plane EVEN THOUGH SHE DIDN'T NEED IT!!!!!!!!

When we pick her up at the airport, she is usually the last one off the plane. Does this set things up for the next part? You bet! Wait and see.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:31 AM   #159
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Let me explain a little more about my mom. When I was younger, and when she came home, she didn't just sit down. She spread out. I mean everything she had was spread out over the space of 3 to 4 seats. Hence the swiss army back pack. I just hope the guy next to her wasn't too annoyed with all the crap she spread out.
any Mr. Bean fans? I am reminded of him preparing to take an exam, with numerous pencils, an alarm clock, and a "lucky" stuffed animal. some people like to surround themselves with "comfy" things from home. (and heaven help those sitting besides them!!! )
Old 03-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #160
smidgy
dimples

on a separate note. if you like the movie, read the book, Gone With the WInd..
there is SO much more than is in the movie.

actualy, buy it for MIL, maybe it will occupy her time...:roll

thanks for the entertainment!!!looking for more
Old 03-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #161
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Was this you trying to pretend you didn't know DMIL?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #162
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
she over packs just to go to the grocery store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedToAPrince View Post
Can't wait to read the rest of your TR. Sounds like lots of fun times with your MIL.
it's much funnier in hind sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Little Bears View Post
Your title caught my eye and I had to open and read. Now I'm hooked on your adventures--my family keeps asking me what I laughing at...thanks!
my family does the same thing to me! even my dogs look at me like I'm crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
my favorite was .. we are doing a very special project. please send your child with a blank white T-shirt, and any fruit or vegetable starting with the letter "A". and you have been chosen to provide "glitter" for the classroom.
was that all for one project?

Quote:
any Mr. Bean fans? I am reminded of him preparing to take an exam, with numerous pencils, an alarm clock, and a "lucky" stuffed animal. some people like to surround themselves with "comfy" things from home. (and heaven help those sitting besides them!!! )
I love Mr. Bean......he's one of our kids favorites! And MIL's social skills are very similar to Bean's!

Quote:
on a separate note. if you like the movie, read the book, Gone With the WInd..
there is SO much more than is in the movie.
I have read it several times and love it! It is almost like a totally different story. I've also read Scarlet, the sequel writen by another author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
yep! but she kept talking to me...........and i'm to polite to ignore her.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #163
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Old 03-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #164
Underdog369

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Again, I was soooo glad I was several rows (almost 1/3 of the plane) behind her. She would have insisted I help her with all her cra..... stuff. During the rest of the trip I tried to convince her to not carry so much. Well, you'll see what happens.

Me DW DS DD DS DS and JY

We are a happy family.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:21 AM   #165
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

That stinks that some of you were beginning to start a cold. That is my fear for our upcoming trip. I've basically had one continuous cold all winter long. I'm recovering from bronchitis right now. I'm hoping that we'll all be relatively healthy for our trip.

Too funny about your MIL on the plane! So much stuff for such a short flight. I bring along my iPod and I'm good.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: