Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #136
maroo
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

Page 10 and you just got on the plane! ...you crack me up!

Last edited by maroo; 03-01-2009 at 11:25 AM. Reason: page 10!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #137
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Oh my goodness! This is getting good. I hope you are typing a new post right now, I can't wait to read more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #138
coteau_chick
DIS Veteran

Ha Ha Ha. Your MIL sounds like mine. Every time she comes somewhere with us Faron complains about all the crap she takes with her. She needs a pack muel to follow her around the carry all of the stuff she brings.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #139
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

I cannot wait for more!!! I'm dyin here!!!

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #140
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

wow......what an adventure this is going to be! maybe i'm odd but i usually don't take out EVERYTHING i'm going to need at one time. i get it out as needed. or maybe i'm not the odd one! i'm sure it made the trip very interesting and your sweet MIL had a wonderful time.....and gave you plenty of laughs!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #141
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

The mental image of your MIL and the unloading of all her stuff has me wiping tears from my eyes. Oh, my goodness. How will she ever get everything packed away again (including the corn-filled shoulder warmer bag ) in time???
Old 03-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #142
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

So an uneventful flight then
Old 03-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #143
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I spent the night with one eye on the clock and the other closed praying for sleep......it didn't work too well. By 3 I gave up and tried to find something on the **** tube to entertain myself. That didn't work either. I was like a monkey on crack with the remote control. The worst thing was I felt like a cold was setting in.

By 5, I had the troops showered, dressed and in the vehicles, without one fight, complaint, whine, or threat of bodily harm. Normally that would have been a huge accomplishemt that would have won me a Nobel Peace prize or perhaps Secretary of State. Nope.

Behold. The power of going to disney world.

We got ourselves parked in the ecconomy, way out in the boonies, lot. And started our hike to the terminal in about 15 degree weather. But we were all armed with our light jackets and the knowledge that we would soon be in sunny Florida. Take that freezing north west.

Well, all but one of us was......can you guess who was the dissenter?
I, like a mothr duck, was at the head of our line of 7 and turned around to see MIL wearing her PARKA. I think she missed the memo about Florida being way south of us and not up north near Alaska.
We were all warmed by thoughts of sunshine and magical express, while she was anticipating a trip through frozen tundra on a dog sled.

We got checked in and through security.....again this is amazing to me each time we make it. You never know what's hiding in the recess of an 8 & 11 yr old boys back pack.......
In MIl's effort to remove her parka, shoes ,and get all her stuff ready for security, she ended up several groups behind us.

I took the time to run and get some cold medicine for me and Bailie, she was feeling something too. When I got done with that MIL had finaly made it through security and was in the process of getting her things back together...........this was a warning of things to come.

We were all hungry by this time so we ended up at starbucks for breakfast. The fact that non of us drink coffee is a little funny to me as I sit there reading the menu. I finally just gave up and said what doesn't have coffe in it?

Several muffins, fruit cups, fruity drinks and $42 bucks later, we were on our way to the gate.

When we borded the crop duster that would take us to our connection in SLC. The boys were further back on the plane then the girls. This had rows of 4 seats , 2 on each side. Bailie was next to me by the window and MIL was across the aisle next to a saint of a man.

What took place the next 15 minutes could have come straight from a Jerry Lewis comedy, if Jerry Lewis were a 66 year old woman.

She had this ginormous back pack, carry on thing along with a huge purse, pillow( no not a travel size pillow, a regular size one), blanket (again huge) and her faux fur lined parka.

When she was able she would stand in the aisle unpacking all these things from her swiss army knife of carry-on's. Just when I thought there couldn't possibly be anything else, she'd pull out something like.....her lap top, newspaper, or book.

When someone else would need past her, she would squeeze her self into her seat, elbowing and half sitting on the poor guy next to her. The flight attendant askled her at least twice to hurry, because they were ready to go. I think they were half stunned by the amount of crap this lady had.

Once she had all her neccesities out for the hour and fifteen minute flight, it required a flight attendant and me to hold all her stuff so she could locate the seatbelt. This again ended with the guy getting an elbow or 2 to the ribs.

She finally settled in for the flight with her parka still on, this would be removed 15 minutes into the flight causing more pain to the guy next to her, a blanket on her lap, pillow behind her head, strange corn filled shoulder warmer bag, on her shoulders, lap top turned off, but on her lap, newspaper that would end up causing more pain for the saint next to her, a sudoku book and a novel, along with her drink, fruit cup and other assorted snacks. All this for a short flight.

I sat across the aisle, half mortified and half laughing at the sight. Mostly I was worried, because we only had 20 minutes after we landed untill our next flight departed......

up next......the amazing race.
There are no words.

Can't wait for the next installment....aka the amazing race!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #144
LiteBrite
I'm a 3-5 wearings girl in the winter
I'm a free spirit when it comes to cutlery presentation
said tomato is residing in my tummy
I'm pretty sure I wore my bra in there

Holy carp, Batman!

Well, if you had to live through this, at least you get to take advantage of the free DIS-therapy of writing all about it in glorious detail here!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #145
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

I hope feeling a cold isn't a sign of anything to come! Flights can always be adventurous...I can only imagine what else happens!

Old 03-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #146
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

All I can say is oh my gosh.........this is the funniest! She does prepare for a flight doesn't she?!?
Old 03-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #147
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

Oh Boy! The visual of your sweet little MIL and all her "stuff"!

Hope you make it to the next flight!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #148
Underdog369
The Enabler and Instigator

From the back of the plane

The only thing I really remember about this part of the trip is seeing my mom as the "last one standing". This usually is not a good thing. At first, I thought the flight attendant was being rude, but then remembered she was talking to my mom. I was glad we were several rows behind her at that time. I do feel really bad for that person that had to sit by her.

Let me explain a little more about my mom. When I was younger, and when she came home, she didn't just sit down. She spread out. I mean everything she had was spread out over the space of 3 to 4 seats. Hence the swiss army back pack. I just hope the guy next to her wasn't too annoyed with all the crap she spread out.

Me DW DS DD DS DS and JY

We are a happy family.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #149
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
All I can say is oh my gosh.........this is the funniest!: She does prepare for a flight doesn't she?!?
just to go to church she brings a carry on style bag with wheels......I guess her scriptures are really heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
I hope feeling a cold isn't a sign of anything to come! Flights can always be adventurous...I can only imagine what else happens!
and that was only the first flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteBrite View Post
Well, if you had to live through this, at least you get to take advantage of the free DIS-therapy of writing all about it in glorious detail here!
I don't know what I'd do without the dis.......other than have a more organized house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
:: There are no words.

Can't wait for the next installment....aka the amazing race!
I only wish you all knew MIL, she's like a character from a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
So an uneventful flight then
yeah, you could say that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
The mental image of your MIL and the unloading of all her stuff has me wiping tears from my eyes. Oh, my goodness. How will she ever get everything packed away again (including the corn-filled shoulder warmer bag ) in time???
don't worry, there will be a picture of the corn-filled shoulder warmer in the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
wow......what an adventure this is going to be! maybe i'm odd but i usually don't take out EVERYTHING i'm going to need at one time. i get it out as needed. or maybe i'm not the odd one! i'm sure it made the trip very interesting and your sweet MIL had a wonderful time.....and gave you plenty of laughs!
No, I'm pretty sure you're in the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post

I cannot wait for more!!! I'm dyin here!!!

I sat through 3 hours of church , chuckling to myself about this update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteau_chick View Post
Ha Ha Ha. Your MIL sounds like mine. Every time she comes somewhere with us Faron complains about all the crap she takes with her. She needs a pack muel to follow her around the carry all of the stuff she brings.
d.Jay is definatley more annoyed with her than I am.........I'm always just amazed that anyone could need that much stuff.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Oh my goodness! This is getting good. I hope you are typing a new post right now, I can't wait to read more.
I'll try not to drag this one out as long as my last one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
I'm in!

Page 10 and you just got on the plane! ...you crack me up!
I have to drag it out as long as possible!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #150
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog369 View Post
The only thing I really remember about this part of the trip is seeing my mom as the "last one standing". This usually is not a good thing. At first, I thought the flight attendant was being rude, but then remembered she was talking to my mom. I was glad we were several rows behind her at that time. I do feel really bad for that person that had to sit by her.

Let me explain a little more about my mom. When I was younger, and when she came home, she didn't just sit down. She spread out. I mean everything she had was spread out over the space of 3 to 4 seats. Hence the swiss army back pack. I just hope the guy next to her wasn't too annoyed with all the crap she spread out.
My DH always titles his posts on my pre-trippie too...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: