Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-21-2009, 04:57 PM   #121
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,144

Can there be too much of a good thing?
As some of you know, Marc and I teach at the same school and it really is (for the most part) a good thing . But.........it also has allowed us to make some very spur of the moment decisions about adding on to our dvc points. At the end of the summer we had 160 points at BCV and 100 points at AKV. Really a big step to make going from nothing to that amount in a matter of 1 month. I get daily email updates from Robert at the time share store and had been looking at resales for add ons...... but since the emails were going to my home account I never had the chance on any good deals because they were already taken by the time I got home. Then.......... Marc had the emails sent to him at school. We added 26 at BCV then one day as I was walking down the hall during my planning period , Marc motions me into his room, "look honey, here's a really good deal for 50 points at AKV" no time for thinking we know if we snooze we lose, I say call them! So now the grand total is 186 points at BCV and 150 at AKL! It's all quite addictive......
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #122
Blesseddaddy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 303

OK, if our first trip down goes well and we become hooked, will you teach me all about DVC points?? I mean, it's a little early in the game, but after being on the team (from chat) I am starting to get that Disney bug...LOL Already thinking about a second trip. However, I do want to wait until the fourth quarter, before I am schooled about DVC and all the other ways to get to Disney!! Thanks for this thread, I am enjoying it very much. I should have known you would have total VETO power over the manpris......but if an iphone or a rental car was to show up, you might have to suffer and let Shocker go with them!! LOL
Blesseddaddy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #123
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blesseddaddy View Post
OK, if our first trip down goes well and we become hooked, will you teach me all about DVC points?? I mean, it's a little early in the game, but after being on the team (from chat) I am starting to get that Disney bug...LOL Already thinking about a second trip. However, I do want to wait until the fourth quarter, before I am schooled about DVC and all the other ways to get to Disney!! Thanks for this thread, I am enjoying it very much. I should have known you would have total VETO power over the manpris......but if an iphone or a rental car was to show up, you might have to suffer and let Shocker go with them!! LOL


Hmmmmm, yes, that's the ticket Veto power! I can't remember if we have any days at the same park but if we do we really need to plan a dismeet just to say hi

As far as dvc goes, the tour is a great thing to do. You also need to look at all of the dvc resorts as well, then you will know what you like, but you really should wait to see if you feel the dis-love like we do before looking into it further...See you in chat
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #124
rtobe
Chocolate, it's not just for breakfast anymore
 
rtobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 910

DVC Addonitis very addicting

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
So now the grand total is 186 points at BCV and 150 at AKL! It's all quite addictive......
Wow, you guys have over 300 DVC points at multiple resorts. I keep thinking I should have done more than 25 points for my last add on but don't want another 25 points. Oh well
__________________
rtobe is offline  
Old 02-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #125
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtobe View Post
Wow, you guys have over 300 DVC points at multiple resorts. I keep thinking I should have done more than 25 points for my last add on but don't want another 25 points. Oh well
I know, when we added on that last 50 points it was like.........WOW! If you don't want another 25 points, then what do you want?!?
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 01:23 AM   #126
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 2,998

Love the valentine boxes!!! Very cool!! Hmmm manpris. How about purple?? lol
Your grandson is adorable!! Grandkids are the best, are they not??!!
Love your vera bags! I have this ugly pink backpack that I use on every trip. It is a mesh type of material. It is very light, dries very quickly if it gets wet and it holds a little or a ton!!
Ugly as heck, but very usefull!!
Your adr's look great!!
So tell me, when is chat?
Bye the way, we bought 160 AKV points. By the time we got home we added on 50 more. Then 160 at Bay Lake. You are so right. Addonitis is so hard to fight!!!
Looking forward to more!!
__________________

Thanks eandesmom!!!
SunnieRN is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #127
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Oh, one day I hope to have over 300 points at DVC resorts!!! That's so awesome for you!
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #128
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Love the valentine boxes!!! Very cool!! Hmmm manpris. How about purple?? lol
Your grandson is adorable!! Grandkids are the best, are they not??!!
Love your vera bags! I have this ugly pink backpack that I use on every trip. It is a mesh type of material. It is very light, dries very quickly if it gets wet and it holds a little or a ton!!
Ugly as heck, but very usefull!!
Your adr's look great!!
So tell me, when is chat?
Bye the way, we bought 160 AKV points. By the time we got home we added on 50 more. Then 160 at Bay Lake. You are so right. Addonitis is so hard to fight!!!
Looking forward to more!!
Ohhhh my addonitis I'm not sure there is a cure unless you run out of money. The manpris in purple....hmmmm NO!
We chat most evenings starting around 7pm central time until about 10pm. Tonights official topic is DVC, but anything disney goes! It's good fun and another addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, one day I hope to have over 300 points at DVC resorts!!! That's so awesome for you!
It really is awesome but now we have tapped out the DVC funds......but I do keep looking at resale!
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #129
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,144

Coming up next......
Props, props, for photo ops
(and a few other purchases)
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #130
wsushocker
DIS Veteran
 
wsushocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 1,219

Hey, Honey........

__________________
All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
wsushocker is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #131
Blesseddaddy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 303

OK, wigd, now I'm sitting here waiting anxiously to hear about "props". That's a new one to me!! Nobody has told me about needing to bring props with me for photo shoots. I have had a few people to tell me to bring some Disney characters of the stuffed variety, so that house keeping can play with them during the day while we are at the parks!! LOL But back to your next topic.....Of course, in the back of my mind, I am thinking that knowing that I "need" props, could turn out to be a good thing!!! Since I don't have a Shocker to carry any props for "us", I am thinking it would likely be me that would end up having to tote them and I don't have none of them fancy bags like you do to haul them around in...LOL None the less, I am waiting to read all about props and photo ops!!
Blesseddaddy is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #132
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,144

We took a short trip over to Target today and purchased a few items for our March trip. There were some great finds in the bargain bin! We are members of a photo share group in March so are looking forward to some fun photos with the whole group
Baylor is planning a battle with Captain Hook(thanks for the idea Jackie ), so we couldn't pass up this foam sword in the bargain bin Watch out Hook! and it should pack easily!


[IMG][/IMG]

[ Baylor is also planning on a very special proposal at 1900 Park Fare! Well he isn't too keen on the idea but we are convincing him how much fun this will be Do you think we will come how with one of the ugly step-sisters as a new ddil? We picked up this ring last week at it even lights up and flashes, I think I should have gotten another to wear at night events!

[IMG][/IMG]

Another Target Bargain bin item, very small, and should fit right into my Vera!

[IMG][/IMG]



We are going to be there on St Patricks day, Marc decided that he and Baylor needed these I may have to go back for the green tiara

[IMG][/IMG]


I like to sleep on the plane, here's another bargain bin purchase! The pink matches my Tinkerbelle blankie

[IMG][/IMG]

We also picked up a really cute shamrock collar for our Boston "Terror" ....His name is Fenway

[IMG][/IMG]

And while I'm posting pics a new one of Harper from last Tuesday when Mimi was babysitting........

[IMG][/IMG]
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #133
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blesseddaddy View Post
OK, wigd, now I'm sitting here waiting anxiously to hear about "props". That's a new one to me!! Nobody has told me about needing to bring props with me for photo shoots. I have had a few people to tell me to bring some Disney characters of the stuffed variety, so that house keeping can play with them during the day while we are at the parks!! LOL But back to your next topic.....Of course, in the back of my mind, I am thinking that knowing that I "need" props, could turn out to be a good thing!!! Since I don't have a Shocker to carry any props for "us", I am thinking it would likely be me that would end up having to tote them and I don't have none of them fancy bags like you do to haul them around in...LOL None the less, I am waiting to read all about props and photo ops!!
BD, you may want to hurry on over to your nearest Target!
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #134
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 2,998

Awesome props!!! Love the proposal idea for one of the step-sisters!! Too cool!! LOL I think I would get him a second ring so he could propose to both of them! That should start a cat fight for sure!!
__________________

Thanks eandesmom!!!
SunnieRN is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #135
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Awesome props!!! Love the proposal idea for one of the step-sisters!! Too cool!! LOL I think I would get him a second ring so he could propose to both of them! That should start a cat fight for sure!!
I'm thinking...........that's a great idea! Back to the party city for a couple more of those rings
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.