Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #31
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
I do, I do- thought I should maybe get off the couch yesterday and do something-novel concept around here
I understand completely. I'm very addicted to the DIS and have to make myself do other things some times..especially when I'm planning a trip.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 02-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #32
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Our next park...EPCOT

We will be heading to EPCOT for the DIS meet the last quarter of full day one. We will be eating at Le Cellier. It's DH's birthday so I'm not really sure what we will do after dinner. I'm hoping to make some great friends to hand out with.

I'd like to walk around World Showcase and catch Illuminations that night if possible but if not and we're pooped we'll probably go back for some down time at the pool.

My must do's at EPCOT are:

1. Soarin' - Love it, Love it, Love it!
2. Meet the princesses in the World showcase for pics
3. Nemo - for the girls only, it's really not that great IMO
4. Spaceship Earth - nostalgic, rode this my first trip in 1987. EPCOT was new then. It was so cool then-heck who am I kidding I still love it.
5. Illuminations
6. Three callaballeros boat ride (sp??) in Mexico. Nostalgic also even though it has changed also.

I can pretty much do without the rest and we do them only if time allows.

Okay I would love to do Mission Space but I'm too chicken. I know that they have two versions now but just reading about the deaths a few years ago won't let me do it. Has anyone tried this? What did you think?
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #33
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Leanne,
Hopped over through the link on my trip report. Your plans look great! Sorry about having to switch from AKL to CBR. I know you have been there before but we are usually a deluxe family and we loved CBR. It's good that you decided to still go to Disney after all though. We would be staying again at CBR if not for renting points for SSR. Not sure what our flight time will be but I will keep you posted.

I have to ask how did you like May last year? Your girls are gorgeous! Your older DD and mine are the same age. I would love to know more about this Design a Tee in DTD? Maybe I should go there and let my kids pick one out, sounds fun. My favorites at AK are the Safari of course and my kids Bugs Life and Kali River rapids.

Nichole

Last edited by kaysmommie; 02-19-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #34
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Your little one can do the safari. We've taken my little one since she was 8 mos. If she likes animals at all she will love it. oops I was thinking of the Rapids ride

Bug - I had one that thought it was funny and one that cried hysterically. If you think it will scare them then I say skip it. We'll do it again because DD3 will be 4 in September and is quite fearless now. She didn't mind it last year.

EE Too funny! Your DH can ride with my DD8 if he needs a riding companion on EE :lmao thats ok honey go ahead and ride with the strange man whose wife I "met" on the internet" totally kidding!

You always make me crack up! Thanks MaryAZ!
thank you very mcuh I am here all week.

Heard this great quote today "The world is out to get you and they sent me as their representative"
Old 02-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #35
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We will be heading to EPCOT for the DIS meet the last quarter of full day one. We will be eating at Le Cellier. It's DH's birthday so I'm not really sure what we will do after dinner. I'm hoping to make some great friends to hand out with.

I will be your friend and since we are both at CBR-I will also be your neighbor

I'd like to walk around World Showcase and catch Illuminations that night if possible but if not and we're pooped we'll probably go back for some down time at the pool.

The pool is good

My must do's at EPCOT are:

1. Soarin' - Love it, Love it, Love it!
2. Meet the princesses in the World showcase for pics
3. Nemo - for the girls only, it's really not that great IMO
4. Spaceship Earth - nostalgic, rode this my first trip in 1987. EPCOT was new then. It was so cool then-heck who am I kidding I still love it.
5. Illuminations
6. Three callaballeros boat ride (sp??) in Mexico. Nostalgic also even though it has changed also.

1. Can't wait to try Soarin-I am from Ca originally so it will be nostalgic
2. We like us some princesses
3. Nemo I am excited for this-remember I am a coaster chicken
4. Spaceship earth sounds like a blast
5. I have heard that illuminations is really cool
6. I have heard that the Mexico pavillon is cool in general. I am a huge Mexican food fan.

I can pretty much do without the rest and we do them only if time allows.

Okay I would love to do Mission Space but I'm too chicken. I know that they have two versions now but just reading about the deaths a few years ago won't let me do it. Has anyone tried this? What did you think?
I want hubby to do mission space but he says that he is going for the girls and not really interested in going on rides solo.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #36
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Leanne,
Hopped over through the link on my trip report. Your plans look great! Sorry about having to switch from AKL to CBR. I know you have been there before but we are usually a deluxe family and we loved CBR. It's good that you decided to still go to Disney after all though. We would be staying again at CBR if not for renting points for SSR. Not sure what our flight time will be but I will keep you posted.

I have to ask how did you like May last year? Your girls are gorgeous! Your older DD and mine are the same age. I would love to know more about this Design a Tee in DTD? Maybe I should go there and let my kids pick one out, sounds fun. My favorites at AK are the Safari of course and my kids Bugs Life and Kali River rapids.

Nichole
Hi Nichole!

I love going in May and particularly going the week BEFORE memorial day. We went during Memorial day in 2006 and it was interesting. That was the year I was run over by an ECV It is much more crowded that week and particularly Memorial Day weekend. You will start to notice heavier crowds starting on the 21st but they are still very manageable. The weather is warm but usually not so warm that you are miserable. You're a veteran so I'm sure you have the small personal fans. You will want them for the queue's during peak hours. Last year our waits were no longer than 20 minutes. Another highlight is that EPCOT is absolutely beautiful for the Flower and Garden festival.

Allears has a lot of info on the design a tee. If you do a search on their website you will find a very detailed report with pictures on it. I think it is within the World according to Jack blog. It looks really neat.

Thanks for the kind words about the girls. I'm glad you hopped over

Old 02-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #37
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thank you very mcuh I am here all week.

Heard this great quote today "The world is out to get you and they sent me as their representative"
Love the quote!

Quote:
I want hubby to do mission space but he says that he is going for the girls and not really interested in going on rides solo.
Is your oldest tall enough to ride most of the rides? My youngest will probably be 16 before she can ride on a roller coaster. She is very petite for a 3.5 year old - 25 lbs. and 35 inches tall. We do a whole lot of baby swap.
Oldest can ride the major attractions twice that way. She loves it.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #38
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

I think I figured out how to multi-quote!!

Old 02-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #39
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the quote!

Is your oldest tall enough to ride most of the rides? My youngest will probably be 16 before she can ride on a roller coaster. She is very petite for a 3.5 year old - 25 lbs. and 35 inches tall. We do a whole lot of baby swap.
Oldest can ride the major attractions twice that way. She loves it.
I think she is around 42 inches-so hopefully. My little one is 27lb and maybe 36.5. Guess we will have to check out the baby swap.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #40
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think she is around 42 inches-so hopefully. My little one is 27lb and maybe 36.5. Guess we will have to check out the baby swap.

Not to worry, the little one can do most of the rides, it will only be things like Soarin', Splash Mountain etc that she won't be able to ride. I'm sure you have but have you checked out how Baby Swap works? We used it for the first time last year and it was such a time saver and everyone got to ride what they wanted. I was kicking myself for not discovering/using it on previous trips.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #41
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom

I won't be able to get near enough DIS time this weekend...I have to make a cake for a birthday party tonight, we have a birthday party tomorrow and we are doing cookie booth sales on Sunday afternoon. No time for mom this weekend.

The next park on our itinerary is the Magic Kingdom - my personal favorite.

My favorites are:

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Space Mountain (which will be closed )
3. Buzz Lightyear
4. It's a small world
5. Splash Mountain

In all of our trips I have never made it over to Tom Sawyer Island. I'm hoping to do that this year. It sounds like a nice place to let the kids blow off some steam. I've also never eaten at CRT. We've done CP which is awesome so I'm hoping for something even better at CRT. Is there anything that you are really looking forward to this trip?

Old 02-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #42
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I won't be able to get near enough DIS time this weekend...I have to make a cake for a birthday party tonight, we have a birthday party tomorrow and we are doing cookie booth sales on Sunday afternoon. No time for mom this weekend.

I asked you about your weekend plans on my PTR-sounds like a yummy time!

The next park on our itinerary is the Magic Kingdom - my personal favorite.

My favorites are:

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Space Mountain (which will be closed )
3. Buzz Lightyear
4. It's a small world
5. Splash Mountain

In all of our trips I have never made it over to Tom Sawyer Island. I'm hoping to do that this year. It sounds like a nice place to let the kids blow off some steam. I've also never eaten at CRT. We've done CP which is awesome so I'm hoping for something even better at CRT. Is there anything that you are really looking forward to this trip?
1. I have done HM at DL many times it's a fun one
2. I think SM at DW uses the same cars as the Madahorn does at DL-It is kinda jerky for me
3. Never rode Buzz but I am excited to try it out
4. ITSW is an oldy and goody. Last time we went to DL my SIL and I freaked out my FIL cause we were both "feeding" the kiddos in the back of the boat-good times! Can't wait to see the little ones reaction
5. If it is the same as DL-I like it though the drop is a little scary.
No BTMR?? Oh come on, show some love to the train. I also want to try POOH Bear and the magic carpets.

We are also going to try to get there-looks real fun. I am excited for both CP-love me some Pooh Bear and CRT for the girlies.

My little one is snack obsessed. She just ate baked chips and popcorn during our fri aft movie fest and now she wants more, um no.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #43
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Need some other opinions

I made a birthday cake for the little boy across the street's birthday party. This is my first time doing this one and it didn't turn out as well as I would have like. What do you think?? Think it's okay to take over there? My kids like it. I just don't want the little boy to be disappointed.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #44
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
1. I have done HM at DL many times it's a fun one
2. I think SM at DW uses the same cars as the Madahorn does at DL-It is kinda jerky for me
3. Never rode Buzz but I am excited to try it out
4. ITSW is an oldy and goody. Last time we went to DL my SIL and I freaked out my FIL cause we were both "feeding" the kiddos in the back of the boat-good times! Can't wait to see the little ones reaction
5. If it is the same as DL-I like it though the drop is a little scary.
No BTMR?? Oh come on, show some love to the train. I also want to try POOH Bear and the magic carpets.

We are also going to try to get there-looks real fun. I am excited for both CP-love me some Pooh Bear and CRT for the girlies.

My little one is snack obsessed. She just ate baked chips and popcorn during our fri aft movie fest and now she wants more, um no.
My little one is a snack addict too. My oldest isn't at all. Hopefully she will stay that way.

This is going to sound crazy but my littlest one cried during the pooh ride two years ago and was a little scared last year on the Pooh ride. In one part of it, it is a little dark and there are some flourescent scary looking trees. She doesn't like it at all. My oldest never paid attention to it. Isn't it wild how different two children with the same parents can be?

Old 02-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #45
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I made a birthday cake for the little boy across the street's birthday party. This is my first time doing this one and it didn't turn out as well as I would have like. What do you think?? Think it's okay to take over there? My kids like it. I just don't want the little boy to be disappointed.

I think it looks GREAT!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: