Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #16
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran
 
Leleluvsdis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rustburg, VA
Posts: 2,485

Everything looks great!!! We will be there May 8th-16th.

BTW.. I L-O-V-E your name Mine's the same. You are the first person I've ever seen spelt like mine though

Can't wait to read more!
Leleluvsdis is offline  
Old 02-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #17
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran
 
leamom2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 3,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
Everything looks great!!! We will be there May 8th-16th.

BTW.. I L-O-V-E your name Mine's the same. You are the first person I've ever seen spelt like mine though

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for coming over! I LOVE your name also! Looks like you are leaving the day we arrive...bummer. I'm on my way to check out your PTR! I've never met anyone else that spells their name like ours either.
__________________
Me (39) DH (42) DD(13) DD(8) Daisy (10) Nellie (4)
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #18
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran
 
leamom2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 3,682

Today's Silver Lining

Just wanted to pop on for a minute and celebrate my good news for the day! My pay cut didn't take effect today it is taking effect on Mar. 1! WOOOHOOO! Two more weeks of regular pay! I WILL HAPPILY TAKE IT!
__________________
Me (39) DH (42) DD(13) DD(8) Daisy (10) Nellie (4)
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #19
MaryAz
DIS Veteran
 
MaryAz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,269

Great news! Think some should go in the WDW treat fund. What is your favorite treat?? This is my first time so I am looking for advice. Also, is your older DD going to pin trade?? I found a princess lanyard and starter pin kit on Ebay that I may get for my ODD.
__________________
Me Dh: DD 10 DD 8
MaryAz is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #20
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran
 
leamom2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 3,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great news! Think some should go in the WDW treat fund. What is your favorite treat?? This is my first time so I am looking for advice. Also, is your older DD going to pin trade?? I found a princess lanyard and starter pin kit on Ebay that I may get for my ODD.
My favorite treat is probably is the frozen lemonade in Toontown or the frozen strawberry bars you can find at most of the ice cream carts. The kids love the Mickey bars. I'm going to try one of the infamous Dole Whips this time and maybe a little something from the Main Street Bakery (everyone tells me the treats there are to die for). I'm doing the WISH challenge here on the boards and trying to keep a watch on my points. There is no such thing as calories/points at Disney right?

DD8 loves to pin trade. We bought a few pins in 2007 and she has a lanyard full now...lol. Her uncle buys her pins for her birthday and other holidays (he lives in Kissimmee). She has some special ones that are off limits but most are fair game. DD3 has a lanyard and pins too but she only has them because she adores her sister and has to emulate her every move. She is far too bashful to trade.
__________________
Me (39) DH (42) DD(13) DD(8) Daisy (10) Nellie (4)
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #21
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran
 
leamom2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 3,682

What keeps me going back...

Here are some cute pics from trips of the past....

My youngest's first trip to WDW in May 2006 She was 8 months old. Oldest was 5.



My youngest's first Mickey bar in May 2007 She was 20 mos. Oldest was 6.



Towel animals at POFQ in 2008. Youngest was 2 and oldest was 7.


I think it's fun to look back at how much they have changed. Kind of sad too...
__________________
Me (39) DH (42) DD(13) DD(8) Daisy (10) Nellie (4)
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #22
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 2,961

Just found your trip report and so enjoyed the pictures of your family!! Congratulations on getting your adr's, that's awesome.
I will be there from May 13-June 1st and am in the day to day process of adr's. I will be at the May 17th meet! Hope to meet you all!
__________________

Thanks eandesmom!!!
SunnieRN is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #23
MaryAz
DIS Veteran
 
MaryAz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
My favorite treat is probably is the frozen lemonade in Toontown or the frozen strawberry bars you can find at most of the ice cream carts. The kids love the Mickey bars. I'm going to try one of the infamous Dole Whips this time and maybe a little something from the Main Street Bakery (everyone tells me the treats there are to die for). I'm doing the WISH challenge here on the boards and trying to keep a watch on my points. There is no such thing as calories/points at Disney right?

DD8 loves to pin trade. We bought a few pins in 2007 and she has a lanyard full now...lol. Her uncle buys her pins for her birthday and other holidays (he lives in Kissimmee). She has some special ones that are off limits but most are fair game. DD3 has a lanyard and pins too but she only has them because she adores her sister and has to emulate her every move. She is far too bashful to trade.
I also want to try a DOle Whip. Good to know about the pins. What is the WISH challenge?? I am doing WW and count points everyday. The last 10lb are the hardest....
__________________
Me Dh: DD 10 DD 8
MaryAz is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #24
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran
 
leamom2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 3,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
I also want to try a DOle Whip. Good to know about the pins. What is the WISH challenge?? I am doing WW and count points everyday. The last 10lb are the hardest....
The WISH challenge is a biggest loser challenge. It runs in parallel with the show the Biggest Loser. This is Challenge #7. It's a bunch of DIS'ers (open to anyone on the boards and you can join at anytime). We weigh in privately to the weight keeper using the honor system. No one knows your weight but you and she. We work on percentages just like the show. She tracks our weight loss. Each week the top 20 "Losers" are announced. It's fun because we encourage each other, offer tips, recipes, suggestions to get through a tough time, etc. I lost 12 pounds back in the fall with this. I've only lost 3 lbs this time but I'm getting refocused. I'd like to lose another 20 by the time we go to Disney. Check under the Just for fun boards and then WISH (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy). Great guys and ladies on that thread!
__________________
Me (39) DH (42) DD(13) DD(8) Daisy (10) Nellie (4)
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline  
Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #25
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran
 
leamom2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 3,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Just found your trip report and so enjoyed the pictures of your family!! Congratulations on getting your adr's, that's awesome.
I will be there from May 13-June 1st and am in the day to day process of adr's. I will be at the May 17th meet! Hope to meet you all!
Hi there and welcome to my pre-trippie!

I hope to meet you too! Wow you're going to be there for a long vacation. I'm so jealous. This is going to be such a great trip! I can't wait!!!
__________________
Me (39) DH (42) DD(13) DD(8) Daisy (10) Nellie (4)
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline  
Old 02-18-2009, 05:46 AM   #26
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran
 
leamom2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 3,682

Question

Eveyone who has been to WDW has attractions that are must do's for them. I thought I would show you my must do's and then you can tell us your must do's and for the newbies you can tell us what you are most excited to see on your first trip.

To start things off here is my list of must do's for Animal Kingdom since this will the first park we visit on this trip.

1. Kilimanjaro Safari
2. It's Tough to Be a Bug
3. Expedition Everest w/baby swap so DH and I both get to ride!
4. Festival of the Lion King
5. Camp Minnie Mickey-love pictures w/ the characters in their safari gear.

Hope you're having a great day! This is a crazy week for me. I'm a Girl Scout Leader and cookies came in. I will try hard to keep my PTR going this week .

Hope to hear back from you!

Leanne
__________________
Me (39) DH (42) DD(13) DD(8) Daisy (10) Nellie (4)
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline  
Old 02-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #27
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran
 
leamom2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 3,682

hmmm...

So I guess no one wants to talk about their favorite things to do at Animal Kingdom..
__________________
Me (39) DH (42) DD(13) DD(8) Daisy (10) Nellie (4)
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline  
Old 02-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #28
MaryAz
DIS Veteran
 
MaryAz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Eveyone who has been to WDW has attractions that are must do's for them. I thought I would show you my must do's and then you can tell us your must do's and for the newbies you can tell us what you are most excited to see on your first trip.

To start things off here is my list of must do's for Animal Kingdom since this will the first park we visit on this trip.

1. Kilimanjaro Safari
2. It's Tough to Be a Bug
3. Expedition Everest w/baby swap so DH and I both get to ride!
4. Festival of the Lion King
5. Camp Minnie Mickey-love pictures w/ the characters in their safari gear.

Hope you're having a great day! This is a crazy week for me. I'm a Girl Scout Leader and cookies came in. I will try hard to keep my PTR going this week .

Hope to hear back from you!

Leanne
Ok, you can call me a chicken now.

Safari I am hoping that the little one is tall enough-or I will probably go with the big one.
Bug I think it would freak out my girls-me too
EE um no thanks, not a coaster girl. Dh may go.
Lion King Yep-wan to see that
Character want lots of pics!!!
__________________
Me Dh: DD 10 DD 8
MaryAz is offline  
Old 02-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #29
MaryAz
DIS Veteran
 
MaryAz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
So I guess no one wants to talk about their favorite things to do at Animal Kingdom..
I do, I do- thought I should maybe get off the couch yesterday and do something-novel concept around here
__________________
Me Dh: DD 10 DD 8
MaryAz is offline  
Old 02-19-2009, 11:06 AM   #30
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran
 
leamom2princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bluegrass State
Posts: 3,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Ok, you can call me a chicken now.

Safari I am hoping that the little one is tall enough-or I will probably go with the big one.
Bug I think it would freak out my girls-me too
EE um no thanks, not a coaster girl. Dh may go.
Lion King Yep-wan to see that
Character want lots of pics!!!
Your little one can do the safari. We've taken my little one since she was 8 mos. If she likes animals at all she will love it.

Bug - I had one that thought it was funny and one that cried hysterically. If you think it will scare them then I say skip it. We'll do it again because DD3 will be 4 in September and is quite fearless now. She didn't mind it last year.

EE Too funny! Your DH can ride with my DD8 if he needs a riding companion on EE


You always make me crack up! Thanks MaryAZ!
__________________
Me (39) DH (42) DD(13) DD(8) Daisy (10) Nellie (4)
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.