The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #76
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

I would request the baby crib ahead of time by calling. I know they have them, but I haven't had need of them in many years. Probably requesting it on the Diamond Lane form is the way to go.
from owner's website :
Cribs and Highchairs
Cribs and highchairs are available upon request. Please call Sheraton Vacation Ownership toll free at (888) SV-OWNER (786-9637) to make arrangements.

My favorite section. This is easy. It's the Lakes. I love the more quiet and relaxing atmosphere on the Lakes/Fountains side of the resort. I found it more congested and more cars on the Cascades side. And I choose Lakes over Fountains based soley on the fact that there are elevators in the bldgs. The Lakes pool is also nice because of the zero depth entry. I know most people prefer the newer Cascades, but I still like the Lakes. The Lakes room configuration is the same as the Fountains II. Meaning the jacuzzi tub is inside the master bedroom. Fountains I has the tub in the master bathroom. Also, one small section of the Fountains II has no water view. It backs up to a small grassy area and wooden fence (that is your balcony view). One staff member tried to put us there one year and I pleaded for a water view. They didn't even realize the room they were trying to put me in had no water view. But being a long-time owner, I was well aware. So thankfully they were able to move me. View is important to me. 1601 to 1612 and 1631 to 1672 are the Fountains II with no water view.

Maria

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #77
dtripli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
I would request the baby crib ahead of time by calling. I know they have them, but I haven't had need of them in many years. Probably requesting it on the Diamond Lane form is the way to go.
from owner's website :
Cribs and Highchairs
Cribs and highchairs are available upon request. Please call Sheraton Vacation Ownership toll free at (888) SV-OWNER (786-9637) to make arrangements.

My favorite section. This is easy. It's the Lakes. I love the more quiet and relaxing atmosphere on the Lakes/Fountains side of the resort. I found it more congested and more cars on the Cascades side. And I choose Lakes over Fountains based soley on the fact that there are elevators in the bldgs. The Lakes pool is also nice because of the zero depth entry. I know most people prefer the newer Cascades, but I still like the Lakes. The Lakes room configuration is the same as the Fountains II. Meaning the jacuzzi tub is inside the master bedroom. Fountains I has the tub in the master bathroom. Also, one small section of the Fountains II has no water view. It backs up to a small grassy area and wooden fence (that is your balcony view). One staff member tried to put us there one year and I pleaded for a water view. They didn't even realize the room they were trying to put me in had no water view. But being a long-time owner, I was well aware. So thankfully they were able to move me. View is important to me. 1601 to 1612 and 1631 to 1672 are the Fountains II with no water view.

Maria
Thanks Maria - I just noticed your in Lansdale....we are practically neighbors - we are in Gilbertsville. My husband works in Norristown as well. Such a small world!! Do you think it will be ok to call a week ahead? We will be in Disney the week before we get to Vistana so it will be easier for me to just call from home. And thank-you again - you are an expert on this place!
dtripli is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #78
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

You're welcome...and yes, a week ahead should be fine.

And howdy neighbor to you too ! Norristown is at most, a 25 min drive from me. I work in Abington. Dh works in Philly.

Glad I could be of some help to you. Have fun planning the rest of your trip !

Maria

Old 05-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #79
Love4pets
Earning My Ears

We are leaving in a couple of weeks to stay here. I am trying to get my stuff together and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have hairdryers in the rooms. I know this sounds crazy but I will have 3 teenage girls and this is a must for them. I just dont want to pack anything we dont need. Thank you for your help
Love4pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #80
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Yes....hair dryers are in the room ! Have fun at Vistana

Maria

Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #81
Love4pets
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yes....hair dryers are in the room ! Have fun at Vistana

Maria
Thank you so much.
Love4pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #82
nolenurse2000
Earning My Ears

On our way tomorrow!!

I am so sad that we JUST found this thread! THANK YOU MARIA and everyone else for the posts.
I DID call the resort about a month ago to ask about a crib, they said they had them and we can just request it at check in (hoping it doesn't take Forever as my 7 mo old will be wanting to go to bed for the night soon after arrival).

A questions for Maria, or anyone else...
WIFI...available I see the website. Cost?
Oh, and on Sunday, my parents and brother/family will be coming over to do lunch with us at Downtown Disney....I'd like to have them all come back for a little bday celebration for my 3 yr old. Can they go to the pool with us? how do they keep an eye on whether you "Belong" there or not?

Anything else I NEED to know before flying out tomorrow?
(I did just send a Diamond Lane registration to possibly save some time at check in)

Very excited!!

--Kelley
nolenurse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 AM   #83
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A questions for Maria, or anyone else...
WIFI...available I see the website. Cost?
Oh, and on Sunday, my parents and brother/family will be coming over to do lunch with us at Downtown Disney....I'd like to have them all come back for a little bday celebration for my 3 yr old. Can they go to the pool with us? how do they keep an eye on whether you "Belong" there or not?
Hi Kelley,

Wifi is free in the rooms.....

And just let the guard at the gate know your family is coming for a visit. Shouldn't be a problem. We've had aunts and uncles who live in FL do the same when we're at Vistana.

Have fun !

Maria

Old 05-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #84
klbeaulieu
Earning My Ears

Love4pets:

I am also doing an exchange thru RCI in Oct 09. Very curious on how your exchange will turn out. What steps have you taken so far and can you please let me know how everything went once you return? Hope everything works out just as you want...enjoy your vacation.

Thanks in advance for any advise you might suggest.

If anyone else has any helpful hints, that would be great also.

Thanks everyone!
Kristen
klbeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #85
klbeaulieu
Earning My Ears

Springs & Falls

Hi,

Has anyone stayed in the Falls or Springs section of the Sheraton Vistana Resort? I've been doing alot of research and from what I can tell, these sections will be renovated by the end of June 09 (we will be staying there Oct 09).

Thanks for any updates.

Kristen
klbeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #86
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

I have not stayed in either. I know Spiceycat (Pat) has stayed in the Springs. Maybe she'll see this and post.

I did want to say that the second bedroom in the Falls only has two twin beds----not double beds. So if this is an issue, keep that in mind. I'm not 100% sure if , with this new remodel, they haven't added two double beds ? But for the past 15 years that I've been an owner, it's been twins in this section.

Maria

Old 05-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #87
dtripli
DIS Veteran

Hi Maria!

Quote:
I have not stayed in either. I know Spiceycat (Pat) has stayed in the Springs. Maybe she'll see this and post.

I did want to say that the second bedroom in the Falls only has two twin beds----not double beds. So if this is an issue, keep that in mind. I'm not 100% sure if , with this new remodel, they haven't added two double beds ? But for the past 15 years that I've been an owner, it's been twins in this section.

Maria
Ooooh - I thought all the 2nd rooms had twins. Do some have doubles and where are they?
Old 05-10-2009, 01:28 AM   #88
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

All have doubles in the second bedroom except the Falls and Courts.

Maria

Old 05-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #89
dtripli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
All have doubles in the second bedroom except the Falls and Courts.

Maria
Oh my goshNow I am worried. We booked through Travelocity and in our room description it said 2 twins - Now Im worried that our request will not be honored and that we will be stuck in either falls or courts (which I understand aren't even renovated yet?) I hope they will still accomodate our request to be in a renovated room. We also wanted an elevator building (because of the stroller) and did ask to be by a zero entry pool. From what I gather this is not falls or courts. What do you think? We got a good deal, but I certainly could've gotten one with another promo to.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #90
nolenurse2000
Earning My Ears

24 hrs in...some disappointments

So, we checked in (easy) yest at 5pm. our RCI paperwork said 2br 8/6. So i figured the only config that could be would have to be 1K, 2Q, and a pull out sofa. we got tour condo E-37 COURTS =(
We have 2 little guys and I was stressed about getting everything in from the cars and getting them fed and to bed. we kind of just threw things where we thought they belonged...and then when we had some time to think afterward --we had a condo w 2 twins! where are persons 7 &8 supposed to sleep?ideas? suggestions (we are all settled...hate to move now)...i really was hoping for some something newer/renovated...big tub.

Then...the ER! My parents met us over here from st pete. they had dinner on the table after we got the babies in bed. my husband decided to run over to the market to get wine. on the way back, he step on a water main cover--it moved to the side..he fell in and went to catch himself on the way down --he landed with his hand on the metal piping..which had some extremely sharp edge on it. lots of blood and a broken bottle of wine....
Security....
ER.....
4 stitches....
4 hrs later....and no swimming/soaking until the stiches come out in 10 days!

what a mess! gald the grandparents were here to sit while the kids slept!

ERRR.....

Happy Vacation!!

(there is a nice big Orange cone out where he fell. and security has called to check on him 2 times today. hopefully they get the sharp metal edges fixed early this week...very glad that it wasn't one of the kids that this happened to!)
(thanks for the rant space!)

--Kelley

BTW...any suggestions on the condo...us getting a 6/6 instead of an 8/6??? glad I really didn't NEED my brother/SIL to stay with us. they got in late and stayed at a motel nearby.
nolenurse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: