The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #811
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Can I ask, how were the rooms at SVR compared to WBC? Were WBC as updated and clean as SVR? Thanks!
I can only partially answer your question. We stayed in a 3 bedroom presidential room at WBC. Condo speak translation... We had upgraded furnishings that were a bit nicer than SVR because the couches were leather, the dining room table seated 10, etc. Other than that, the decor was very similar to SVR with granite, jacuzzi tubs, etc... We didn't see a deluxe (regular room) at WBC. I liked WBC enough that I do not think I would feel the need to pay for the presidential room in the future, because it did limit us to being in Tower 6 (where all 1, 2, and 3 bedroom pres. Rooms are). I think next time I will just book a deluxe room so that I can see another part of the resort and be closer to a different pool (although everything is very close).
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #812
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Thanks for writing back! My DH wanted to look into WBC for our second week of our trip. We are just nervous because we only stay at SVR after having crappy experiences with other "updated" timeshares that couldn't shine SVR's shoes. I have read that not all rooms are updated at WBC so I don't know If I would chance it if I can't get a presidential room. Thanks again for your help!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #813
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for writing back! My DH wanted to look into WBC for our second week of our trip. We are just nervous because we only stay at SVR after having crappy experiences with other "updated" timeshares that couldn't shine SVR's shoes. I have read that not all rooms are updated at WBC so I don't know If I would chance it if I can't get a presidential room. Thanks again for your help!
You can contact Vacation Strategy for a quote on WBC. That is who we booked through and they were reliable and have a fair refund policy. If you book a presidential room, you won't be disappointed. Pricing is reasonable. We got a 3 bdrm pres. unit for $1950 for 9 nights over NYE. Pricing for other times if year are lower.

If you do a week at SVR and a week at WBC, it will be nice because they are very different experiences.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #814
mrsap

Thank you for the info. I will let you know if we decide to try it!

Old 03-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #815
mrsap

Disregard

Last edited by mrsap; 03-20-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #816
mrsap

The week we wanted just came up at the Vistana!!!! Just got everything booked!!!!! Can't wait to go back to our home away from home!!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #817
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

An FYI to those planning trips during late summer and autumn, Zimmie's will be closed for refurbishment from August 17th to late November:

http://allears.net/acc/faq_svistana.htm

I guess we won't be eating there on August 23rd (our arrival day) as we planned. Drat!

Anyone dined at the Cascades Bar & Grill, and could offer their review? Maybe we will just be better off to order in pizza that night.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #818
tabby1881
Mouseketeer

Great information on this thread I'm just trying to finalize a decision to exchange into Vistana. Does anyone know if all of the two bedroom units have washers/dryers? (I love being able to just do laundry right in the unit, makes life easier) I'm getting conflicting information from the RCI site and other sites. According to RCI, if the two bedroom sleeps 8 with privacy for 6 there is no WD.
Thanks!
tabby1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #819
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabby1881 View Post
Great information on this thread I'm just trying to finalize a decision to exchange into Vistana. Does anyone know if all of the two bedroom units have washers/dryers? (I love being able to just do laundry right in the unit, makes life easier) I'm getting conflicting information from the RCI site and other sites. According to RCI, if the two bedroom sleeps 8 with privacy for 6 there is no WD.
Thanks!
To my knowledge, there are W/D's in all the units! You will love it there!! You won't want to stay anywhere else!

Old 03-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #820
tabby1881
Mouseketeer

Quote:
To my knowledge, there are W/D's in all the units! You will love it there!! You won't want to stay anywhere else!

Thanks!
tabby1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #821
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabby1881 View Post

Thanks!
No problem! You can even call them directly, they will answer any questions! Enjoy!

Old 03-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #822
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

I was curiously looking at resale "deeded" units and found some interesting units for sale.

Can anyone explain when the "owned weeks" are?

Does anyone have a link or a list to what or when the actual "weeks" are?

For example, when the add specifies that they are selling "Week 1" or "Week 34", assuming it's a Sunday check-in, would Week 1 = Jan 6th or Week 34 = Aug 18th?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #823
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieDplus3 View Post
I was curiously looking at resale "deeded" units and found some interesting units for sale.

For example, when the add specifies that they are selling "Week 1" or "Week 34", assuming it's a Sunday check-in, would Week 1 = Jan 6th or Week 34 = Aug 18th?

Edit: I found a link.
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #824
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieDplus3 View Post

Hi Frankie D,

I would strongly urge you to do a bit of research on Timeshare Users Group (www.tug2.net and www.tugbbs.com) before you pull the trigger on anything. They also have a general weeks calendar available on tug, but not all resorts calculate weeks exactly the same, so having the Sheraton calendar can help. I'll post the link here, but this is from the owners' site so it might ask for a login:

https://www.mystarcentral.com/CMS/en...n_calendar.pdf

For Vistana, pure owned or deeded weeks are in the 3 older sections of the resort; maybe the 4th as well. Eventually sales moved over to floating weeks in the newer sections. Our ownership is a deeded week 11 in Courts, which lines up with our March break most (but not all) years. Deeded weeks owners are guaranteed their week in their unit every year (or every other year if you buy an EOY interest); no need to reserve, it's there waiting for you. If we choose not to use our week, we can deposit it with RCI or II to exchange to other resorts, or exchange back into Vistana for other weeks.

Floating weeks often have a "season"; owners must reserve a week in their season in advance. The week you desire may not be available, in which case you would likely deposit a different week (the resort gets to choose) and exchange elsewhere (or exchange back into the resort).

There are a lot of subleties with Starwood ownership as well, as many owners are in Starwood Vacation Network, but membership in the network does not transfer with resale ownership of the timeshare. Check out the Starwood thread on TUG to be sure you understand what you are purchasing.

Hope this helps!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #825
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
An FYI to those planning trips during late summer and autumn, Zimmie's will be closed for refurbishment from August 17th to late November:

http://allears.net/acc/faq_svistana.htm

I guess we won't be eating there on August 23rd (our arrival day) as we planned. Drat!

Anyone dined at the Cascades Bar & Grill, and could offer their review? Maybe we will just be better off to order in pizza that night.
Oh no! (Although Zimmies could use a bit of refreshing).

There is some seating at the new Tacky Tiki bar, and outdoor seating at Cascades. I just got a new computer this weekend to replace the one that died while we were down there. I should be posting some photos soon that show the area.

There is also a CiCi's pizza directly across the street from the resort, and lots of decent restaurants nearby.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: