The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #571
Suzyq9241
DIS Veteran

One bedroom...

Can anyone give me information on the one bedrooms... where are they located...can I get a patio one bedroom... or what about a balcony? Which is better...I check in on Sunday May 13 where do you think it would be... also if I ask for a patio one bedroom... can we smoke on the patio?
Liki Tiki... Thanksgiving 2007
Silver Lake 6/13-6/22/08 11/23/08-11/28/08... Oak Plantation.. quiet.
8/14-8/23/09 Sheraton Vistana Resort
Had a nice time.. but big.. and would you believe my rent a car got hit and the driver drove off while we were in Walmart...Had to pay deductible...(500.00) for something I didnt do...
Leaving on 7/9/2010.... Driving... taking my time 7/14/10 -7/21/10 Orange Lake ... River Island... 3 bdrm... East Village
just my dh and I...was supposed to be 12 of us but now its just us

Suzyq9241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #572
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizliz View Post
Hi I submitted my diamond lane a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. We will be arriving on April 27. Should I follow up with an email and if so, to what address?

Also if anyone has insight on my previous question (a few posts back) I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
Diamond Lane request usually get a response a couple of weeks before your arrival as that is when they assign rooms (the reservations are passed over by the major exchange companies a couple of weeks before). So just about now is when you should get an acknowledgement.

No insights into the credit, sorry. I "think" you can charge back at the marketplace, but I have never done this. But even if you can, I am not sure if it would appear in the F&B category on your bill so that the credit can apply. Perhaps a call to the concierge or front desk at the resort will find an answer?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #573
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzyq9241 View Post
Can anyone give me information on the one bedrooms... where are they located...can I get a patio one bedroom... or what about a balcony? Which is better...I check in on Sunday May 13 where do you think it would be... also if I ask for a patio one bedroom... can we smoke on the patio?
I believe that only the Cascades and Lakes sections have one bedroom (lock-off) villas. Both of those sections have Sunday check-ins. Cascades is located more or less at the middle of the resort and to the front near SR 535 that runs in front of the resort. Lakes is at the back of the resort relatively close to I-4 (our first visit at this resort was at Lakes and we didn't have any issues with highway noise but that was just our experience). The villa line drawings at the starwoodvo.com website shows balconies on both of the one-bedroom villa styles in Cascades and on one of the two one-bedroom villa styles in Lakes (I was surprised that all of the villas don't have balconies/patios). There are patios on the ground floor villas of the villa styles that have balconies. I don't know what the resort's smoking policy is.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #574
mizliz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Diamond Lane request usually get a response a couple of weeks before your arrival as that is when they assign rooms (the reservations are passed over by the major exchange companies a couple of weeks before). So just about now is when you should get an acknowledgement.

No insights into the credit, sorry. I "think" you can charge back at the marketplace, but I have never done this. But even if you can, I am not sure if it would appear in the F&B category on your bill so that the credit can apply. Perhaps a call to the concierge or front desk at the resort will find an answer?
Thanks for your reply! I'll give them a call or else, just find a way to spend it all at the ice cream counter!
mizliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #575
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Just checked out on Sunday and moved to Beach Club Villas. I will say that our stay at SVR was much better than what we have experienced since our move into BCV's. Vistana Resort is in much better condition, service better, larger villas. just better all around. Our best time of driving to MAgic Kingdom was 10 minutes from turning right out of the resort, into the MK parking lot and walking onto the ferry. AWESOME!

the only thing we really didn't like at Vistana Resort was the new huge pool area. It's way too big and loud for our taste. We were much happier at the Cascades pool.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #576
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzyq9241 View Post
I stayed in a 1-BR in Cascades when we were there in Aug/Sept last year. I posted pics of our 1-BR on pg 27, post #398. We used Diamond Lane, check-in day was a Sunday. We got there about 1:00 pm and our room, with all of our requests, was ready for us.

We were on the first floor, so, I guess you could we had a patio. The patio was off of the 1-BR and the patio didn't have a door to the outside.

All of the rooms at SVR are smoke-free and there is no smoking on the patio. There are designated smoking areas posted outside away from the buildings. They will charge your account if they can confirm that you were smoking in the room. My DW was speaking to a cleaning staff member, the day we checked-in, and the staff member mentioned that she was charging a guest for smoking.

Last edited by FrankieDplus3; 04-16-2012 at 07:33 PM.
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #577
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for your reply! I'll give them a call or else, just find a way to spend it all at the ice cream counter!
There's also something to be said for an ice cold beverage after a hot day at the parks...

Old 04-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #578
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailor View Post
IThe villa line drawings at the starwoodvo.com website shows balconies on both of the one-bedroom villa styles in Cascades and on one of the two one-bedroom villa styles in Lakes (I was surprised that all of the villas don't have balconies/patios). Dick Taylor
The smaller units (half of the 2BR lockoff) do not have balconies in Cascades either. DSIL stayed in one of these units last year, but they were very happy with it even without the patio/balcony.

DSA's in Lakes are a bit more accessable than in Cascades - best Cascades buildings for smokers would be 2, 3, 4. In Lakes, 1-5 and 10. (see map a few pages back for the DSA locations).

Old 04-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #579
BKMETV
DIS Veteran

Contacted SVR today because I hadn't heard anything on my Diamond Lane requests. I was a little panicky at first when they couldn't find my reservations but after a couple of emails it was all straightened out. Ada the Diamond Lane Coordinator was fantastic..she never did find my original DL requests, so had me email her what I wanted. If all the staff is this helpful this is going to be a very enjoyable trip!!

- Me - DH - DS 14 - DD 12

BKMETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #580
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMETV View Post
Contacted SVR today because I hadn't heard anything on my Diamond Lane requests. I was a little panicky at first when they couldn't find my reservations but after a couple of emails it was all straightened out. Ada the Diamond Lane Coordinator was fantastic..she never did find my original DL requests, so had me email her what I wanted. If all the staff is this helpful this is going to be a very enjoyable trip!!
I think you will be very happy with the level of service here. We did our reservation through Starwood using our points, and made our request then and got exactly what we wanted. We are thinking now of staying here in October instead of Sheraton Vistana Villages where we own just because we liked it so much.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #581
mizliz
Mouseketeer

Whoops, I quoted the wrong post! I need a nap...or a cocktail...or both...

BKMETV (or anyone else who happens to know),
May I ask what email address you used to contact them regarding your DL request? Thanks!

Last edited by mizliz; 04-18-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #582
BKMETV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Whoops, I quoted the wrong post! I need a nap...or a cocktail...or both...

BKMETV (or anyone else who happens to know),
May I ask what email address you used to contact them regarding your DL request? Thanks!
I'm thinking a cocktail would be a great idea right about now!

I called the Diamond Lane number 1-800-338-1171. They are available Tues - Fri from 9:00 - 4:30. (Since it was her personalized email I don't feel comfortable giving it out.)

- Me - DH - DS 14 - DD 12

BKMETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #583
mizliz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMETV View Post
I'm thinking a cocktail would be a great idea right about now!

I called the Diamond Lane number 1-800-338-1171. They are available Tues - Fri from 9:00 - 4:30. (Since it was her personalized email I don't feel comfortable giving it out.)
Thanks a bunch! I'll give her a ringy-dingy in the am. Now, for that cocktail...
Old 04-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #584
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

I friend if mine is going to WDW for the 1st time and owns a timeshare so they are looking at staying at the SVR in the Fountains Villas...is that a good choice? She would be doing a Sun-Sun stay there !
Any info for her would be great...and I thank a PP for their recent review...I did forward that info. to her.
Also if anyone had any pix. fof the fountains area pool that would be great too!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #585
*disgal*
Member since August 1999 Loves Main Street, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondietink View Post
the only thing we really didn't like at Vistana Resort was the new huge pool area. It's way too big and loud for our taste. We were much happier at the Cascades pool.
We just came back from there....there is a new pool? We were at the big Fountains pool but it wasn't too busy or loud to us and it was Easter week. And besides, it's not new so I don't think you're talking about that one. Where is the new pool? Can you tell we never left our section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveysbydesign View Post
I friend if mine is going to WDW for the 1st time and owns a timeshare so they are looking at staying at the SVR in the Fountains Villas...is that a good choice? She would be doing a Sun-Sun stay there !
Any info for her would be great...and I thank a PP for their recent review...I did forward that info. to her.
Also if anyone had any pix. fof the fountains area pool that would be great too!
Hi loveysbydesign......I posted to your question on the hotels board.....yes, this is where I said they should read so you are in the right place. Tons of info here and you can ask any specific question you want. Very helpful people over here.
*Oct 1996 Dixie Landings(POR),we finally get a honeymoon*Oct 2000 Dixie Landings(POR)/WL*Sept/Oct 2001 ASMovies*Dec 2002 WL Concierge,surprise trip for hubby*Sept 2004 Vistana Resort,2 week trip cut short for Hurricane Jeanne*Dec 2005 Radisson Resort Celebration/Vistana Resort/Cypress Pointe GV,17 nt. trip*August 2006 POR-free dining,10 nts.*August 2007 Orbit One, 2 week trip*April 2009 Windsor Hills 3 bedroom condo *Aug 2009 4 Bdrm Pool Home*April 2010 4 NT Cruise on Wonder*April 2011 Vistana Resort*April 2012 Vistana Resort*April 2013 Vistana Resort*April 2014 3 bdrm Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
*disgal* is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: