The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #541
soxfan11901
Mouseketeer

shuttle

from the Sheraton website:

Onsite;

To make your travel to area attractions easier, we offer complimentary shuttle transportation service to Walt Disney Theme Parks (Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, Epcot, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios). This complimentary service applies only to Resort Rental Guests.

I'm assuming a Resort Rental Guest is someone who booked directly through Sheraton and is not a timeshare owner or exchanger, but I could be wrong (it's happened before).
soxfan11901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #542
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperof4 View Post
I do believe there is a charge for the theme parks shuttle, unless you are a Vista Resort owner.This dose not include exchange guests.Which I go under. Almost every thing here has a fee , can't see they would offer free shuttle service to none owners?
They offer the free shuttle to those who book nightly (i.e. not as a timeshare, but essentially as a hotel room) through the Sheraton website. Most of those people are paying $175+ per night, which I'm guessing is significantly more than those on exchange are paying. I think even owners have to pay to use the shuttle, but I could be wrong on that.

Three ways to stay at Vistana:

1. Be an owner
2. Exchange through your timeshare company
3. Rent nightly via Sheraton direct or a wholesaler

The third option gets free shuttle and possibly daily housekeeping depending on what kind of rate you've booked.
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #543
mog
DIS Veteran

Just found this thread...great info!
We stayed at SVR several years ago. I think we were in the Spas section and really enjoyed it. We have 2 units traded in through RCI for June. They are Friday checkin, 2 BDR, 8 occ/6 private. Does that mean that the 2nd bedroom will have 2 full beds instead of twins? Anyone know what section we might end up in with that check in day and type of unit?
I hope I haven't asked this question before - I was on here a while back looking for info! If I did, sorry for the repeat.

thanks!
mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #544
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog View Post
Just found this thread...great info!
We stayed at SVR several years ago. I think we were in the Spas section and really enjoyed it. We have 2 units traded in through RCI for June. They are Friday checkin, 2 BDR, 8 occ/6 private. Does that mean that the 2nd bedroom will have 2 full beds instead of twins? Anyone know what section we might end up in with that check in day and type of unit?
I hope I haven't asked this question before - I was on here a while back looking for info! If I did, sorry for the repeat.

thanks!
8 occupancy/6 private should mean that you'll have 2 full plus the king in the master. Falls and Courts are the areas with the twins, so you could be anywhere else.
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #545
keeperof4
Earning My Ears

shuttles

E mailed our friend at resort, no reply yet, curious myself how shuttles operate, just checked out parking prices for Disney $15 a day now WOW!! that's a little steep!I thought our last visit three years ago was $10? a day.It seems only fair that if your paying full price at major resorts they would provide free shuttle.Theme parks are most part what they depend on for revenue.We pay a fraction of that,so I don't have a problem paying the extra fee's.Even full price at VR it's a great place to be,and would gladly pay it.I have saved $$$$ since choosing SVV &SVR because the kids always seem to be happy on site and at the pools.This year they even choose to stay and swim over the dinner theater we planed for them. Just a thought, I took us all to Sweet Tomato's just across from the main entrance to down town Disney.(Cross roads) very clean,friendly.My children loved it,self serve sundays with all the topping,great break from burgers pizza.Just hope ya'all have as wonderful weather as we did,almost to hot for the parks. Nov. 10 days Bristol Buenaventura Panama, romantic get away, no kids,back to SVR Feb.2013 family fun in the sun.
keeperof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #546
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan11901 View Post
from the Sheraton website:

Onsite;

To make your travel to area attractions easier, we offer complimentary shuttle transportation service to Walt Disney Theme Parks (Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, Epcot, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios). This complimentary service applies only to Resort Rental Guests.

I'm assuming a Resort Rental Guest is someone who booked directly through Sheraton and is not a timeshare owner or exchanger, but I could be wrong (it's happened before).
Hi all, back from a little R&R south of your southern border.

Your assumption is bang on. For rentals from Sheraton, they include it in the price to be competitive with the other area resorts. Of course you are really paying for it in the room rate.

But for those of us who are owners (and those who use our units on exchange) we would have to absorb the cost of the shuttle into our maintenance fees. Since I would hazard to say that the vast majority of owners choose the convenience of their cars with the additonal parking fee at Disney over the regimented (and often inconvenient) schedule of the shuttles, it is fairer to the majority of owners to have the shuttle users pay for the service rather than having all owners pay for the few that use them.

I think the resort management associations find a good balance. Sherton doesn't charge for common amenities like parking (some other resorts do charge), pools, towels, internet access, and even tennis courts because a majority of owners use these services (well except the 13 tennis courts that are usually empty). They do charge for some of the activities such as mini-putt, bikes, crafts, etc. as many owners do not use these services.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #547
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Another question about the shuttles.... even though we will have a car with us during our stay, I would like the information if we book at SVR again in the future. We are staying on Starwood points with the stay 4 nights get 5th free promotion. Would we be able to use the shuttle for free, or would there be a fee, since we are not owners nor are we renting from an owner.

Also, since we are staying on Starwood points, do we get daily maid service or only once during our stay? Just want to know when/if the maid is coming.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #548
teach11
Earning My Ears

Lake area

Hi everyone - I just discovered this board & I'm so glad it exists! So, my ILs are owners at SVR and we are using it this April. (They don't really use it, so if everything works out, we could end up using it a lot.) We just found out that the Lake area, where apparently they are owners, will have the pool closed for our entire stay for repairs. I'm pretty disappointed since we'll be there with my DS6 and my DD3 and I'll be 7 months pregnant while we're there - not happy about having to travel to get to pools. Any advice/suggestions?
teach11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #549
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach11 View Post
Hi everyone - I just discovered this board & I'm so glad it exists! So, my ILs are owners at SVR and we are using it this April. (They don't really use it, so if everything works out, we could end up using it a lot.) We just found out that the Lake area, where apparently they are owners, will have the pool closed for our entire stay for repairs. I'm pretty disappointed since we'll be there with my DS6 and my DD3 and I'll be 7 months pregnant while we're there - not happy about having to travel to get to pools. Any advice/suggestions?
I wouldn't worry too much. The Lakes and Fountains pools are really just a few yards apart. The closure will likely make the Fountains pool particularly busy, but April is not the busiest time at the resort. So don't worry and hope for the best. You might also request one of the Lakes buildings closer to the Fountains pool through Diamond Lane. The resort map is on page 35 of this thread.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #550
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondietink View Post
Another question about the shuttles.... even though we will have a car with us during our stay, I would like the information if we book at SVR again in the future. We are staying on Starwood points with the stay 4 nights get 5th free promotion. Would we be able to use the shuttle for free, or would there be a fee, since we are not owners nor are we renting from an owner.

Also, since we are staying on Starwood points, do we get daily maid service or only once during our stay? Just want to know when/if the maid is coming.
You would be more likely to get the free shuttle with star points than through an owner or exchange. I don't know the answer to this, but when renting from Sheraton they are pretty clear about which rates include housekeeping and shuttle which don't. I would just check when you are making the booking through SPG to see what is included. Daily housekeeping is pretty overrated anyway IMO. I don't wash my sheets and towels every day at home. Once a week is good enough for us at home and on vacation. And I don't have to worry about tidying up before housekeeping comes in every day!

Old 03-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #551
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
You would be more likely to get the free shuttle with star points than through an owner or exchange. I don't know the answer to this, but when renting from Sheraton they are pretty clear about which rates include housekeeping and shuttle which don't. I would just check when you are making the booking through SPG to see what is included. Daily housekeeping is pretty overrated anyway IMO. I don't wash my sheets and towels every day at home. Once a week is good enough for us at home and on vacation. And I don't have to worry about tidying up before housekeeping comes in every day!
Actually, we also prefer the once weekly cleaning vs. daily housekeeping. I hate either being woken up by a housekeeper or going back to our villa just when the housekeeper is starting. I hate the guessing. As long as we have enough towels and dishwasher detergent, I am happy. We will ask.

When we staed at SVV last year, we were very surprised to come back to the villa on day 3 or 4 to find the bed made, garbage taken out, dishwasher run and dishes put away, etc. . This had never happened before our our 3 previous stays. I asked DH if he had made the bed in the am and he said no. We taked to a guy the next day from the resort and he told us with the economy getting better they had been able to hire their maids back after being laid off. I had left the safe open that day and everything, but nothing was taken out of it. WHEW!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #552
BKMETV
DIS Veteran

I'm starting a packing list and trying to figure out how many bags I want to take...are the pools towels OK or would I be better to bring some. We will be going to Aquatica...can I take some resort towels for there?

Also as far as adult beverages...is there a good store nearby to get decent wine or liquor...I'm not a beer drinker and I know some grocery stores have better selections than others.

- Me - DH - DS 14 - DD 12

BKMETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #553
TheKatie
The Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach11 View Post
Hey there, what week are you going? we will be there April 22-29th. Was going to request Lakes in my diamond lane form but may request Fountains now instead... do you know if the Lakes Pool is closed the whole month of April?
TheKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #554
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMETV View Post
I'm starting a packing list and trying to figure out how many bags I want to take...are the pools towels OK or would I be better to bring some. We will be going to Aquatica...can I take some resort towels for there?

Also as far as adult beverages...is there a good store nearby to get decent wine or liquor...I'm not a beer drinker and I know some grocery stores have better selections than others.
The resort towels are great, large and generally pretty soft; they seem to rotate out quickly so some will be older than others, but I've never seen any that I would rate as "threadbare". You are not require to sign them out, totally on the honor system, and they are a distinctive blue/white stripe but no logo on them. We've taken them to BB and TL, no problem.

I am pretty sure there is a liquor store right nearby at one of the little strip malls, but we buy most of our wine or beer at the nearby Publix (Vineland at I-Drive), or for my favorite hard to find beer, at ABC Liquor on 435/S Apopka Vineland past the Crossroads at the Winn-Dixie. ABC has a wide selection of beers and wines from around the world, and all popular liquors.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #555
teach11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKatie View Post
Hey there, what week are you going? we will be there April 22-29th. Was going to request Lakes in my diamond lane form but may request Fountains now instead... do you know if the Lakes Pool is closed the whole month of April?
They are the closed the week of 4/16, so you should be fine.
teach11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: