The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #31
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittsmum1998 View Post
I'm sorry for hijacking this thread but are there certain areas where only one bdrms are located? thanks and again, sorry for hijack
Don't apologize brittsmum. Yes. The one bedrooms are only in the two newest sections : Cascades and Lakes. They are the only sections with 2 bedroom lock-offs which is where the one bedrooms come from.

Maria

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #32
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannymom View Post
is there a map of the resort anywhere?
we will be staying there in september and i would like to see the layout.
also, the picture of the slide on the earlier post didn't come through on my computer, just a blank, if anyone else has a picture of the slide can you post it for me?
Hi hannymom. Sorry my slide pics didn't come through for you ? Can anyone else see it ? I used Photobucket all the time to post. Let me try using the DIS photo storage.

My map pics are too large for the DIS to upload. I'd post the pics here via photobucket, but I guess you wouldn't be able to see them since you can't see my slide pics on the first page ? I could email them to you if you PM me ?

Maria

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 AM   #33
littlestar
DIS Veteran

Hi Maria,

So will the total refurbishment of all units be done by January 2011? My sister would love to stay in a 2 bedroom at this resort because of all the swimming pools and activities. She just wants to wait until all refurbishments of the 2 bedrooms are finished.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #34
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Hi littlestar....
Yes, here's is the most current rehab schedule :

REHAB SCHEDULE :
Lakes, Fountains I, Fountains II complete in 2008
Springs : Feb -June 2009
Falls : Jan --May 2009
Spas : April 2010--Jan 2011
Courts : Aug--Dec 2010
Cascades : May 2009 to May 2010 (largest section)

Maria

Old 03-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #35
littlestar
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Maria. I'll pass this on to my little sister.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #36
brittsmum1998
just a shallow excuse to subscribe to this thread
"stay away from skunks....they stink"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Don't apologize brittsmum. Yes. The one bedrooms are only in the two newest sections : Cascades and Lakes. They are the only sections with 2 bedroom lock-offs which is where the one bedrooms come from.

Maria
thank you

brittsmum1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #37
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Hi -- I have some questions about the Vistana Resort that i hope you experts can help answer!

We are planning a one-week trip for November and will book the resort using an Interval International Getaway (where you pay cash instead of trade your timeshare, only available to II members).

I will book a 2-br that accommodates 8 -- we'll have six adults and one child. Obviously we'd like a renovated unit, and I have seen the renovation schedules posted here and at RedWeek.com and it seems like almost all accommodations will be finished by November.

We must have either a ground-floor room or a unit accessible via elevator due to some in our party with mobility issues. We don't need a specific handicapped unit, just something that doesn't involve stairs.

I've noticed the resort request form posted on Pg1 of this thread, so I'm guessing we'll use that as the time for our trip approaches to make our requests.

Which specific buildings/areas should we request to suit our party's needs? Is there any way to insure getting something that doesn't require stairs? I know that most hotel requests are just that -- requests -- and involve no guarantees, but in this case I'd kinda like one.

Thanks very much!!!

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #38
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We must have either a ground-floor room or a unit accessible via elevator due to some in our party with mobility issues. We don't need a specific handicapped unit, just something that doesn't involve stairs.

I've noticed the resort request form posted on Pg1 of this thread, so I'm guessing we'll use that as the time for our trip approaches to make our requests.

Which specific buildings/areas should we request to suit our party's needs? Is there any way to insure getting something that doesn't require stairs? I know that most hotel requests are just that -- requests -- and involve no guarantees, but in this case I'd kinda like one.
Hi Rae,
First of all....I'd guess only about 50-60% of the resort will be completely rehabbed by Nov. The rehab is slated to go into 2010-2011.

That said, definitely fill out the Diamond Lane form and specifiy "elevator bldg or ground floor for MEDICAL/Mobility reasons". I'd back that up with a fax to the attention of the Vistana Room Controller about 3-5 days prior to arrival.
FAX : 407 239 3111

Also, not sure how limited mobility is....but the Cascades and Lakes are the only two pools with zero depth entry. So don't have to worry about ladders or stairs for getting in and out of the pool.

Hope this helps.........
Maria

Old 03-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #39
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Thank you, Maria!! I just booked the week and we are excited.

I guess I read the refurb schedule wrong, but I will request a renovated unit when I put in the request for the accessible unit.

How far ahead should we place those requests? Is there any benefit to placing them this many months out? Or will they just be shelved until the check-in date is closer?

Old 03-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #40
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

I think it's ok to fill out the Diamond Lane form 2-3 months in advance, but don't fax until more like 3-5 days before arrival date. Just make sure you specify in both DL and Fax that the request is for "medical or mobility" reasons.

take care,
Maria

Old 03-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #41
ansadler
Mouseketeer

You may know this already, but wanted to let you know just in case, that the Get Away offer is completely NON-REFUNDABLE under all circumstances. Even with the insurance, it would have to be a life-threatening emergency to get your trip refunded. Something to consider when booking. We're staying there with a GetAway as well in April. Looking forward to it. Will post our comments after our stay!
ansadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #42
Dusted
Mouseketeer

Subscribing

Hello all. Are there any trip reports about this hotel? I am staying in a 2b in July, offsite for the first time in a very long time....I'm sooooo nervous!!!

Help me feel better.....
Old 04-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #43
ansadler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusted View Post
Hello all. Are there any trip reports about this hotel? I am staying in a 2b in July, offsite for the first time in a very long time....I'm sooooo nervous!!!

Help me feel better.....
I'll have one for you in about three weeks. We are doing a split stay there at the end of the month. I've read GREAT things about it and we're looking forward to it. I'll post pics and comments when we get back. So subscribe!!
ansadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #44
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansadler View Post
You may know this already, but wanted to let you know just in case, that the Get Away offer is completely NON-REFUNDABLE under all circumstances. Even with the insurance, it would have to be a life-threatening emergency to get your trip refunded. Something to consider when booking. We're staying there with a GetAway as well in April. Looking forward to it. Will post our comments after our stay!
Thanks for that info. For what we're paying for the week, it wouldn't be a big deal to eat the cost if something horrid came up and we had to cancel. I'm glad you said that, saves me the $$$ of buying the trip insurance!

Looking forward to the spring/summer resort reports. Everyone take lots of pictures, okKKKKKK =)

Old 04-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #45
twinglesmome
Mouseketeer

After reading about Sheraton Vistana on the disboard, I decided to check into renting here for our vacation. I noticed that there are no nonsmoking units available. Is there such a thing here?
twinglesmome is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: