Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
Roveer
Mouseketeer

Travel Docs (ID) Need to hear it from the DIS

We are on the 4/25 Magic to Tortola next weekend and we are all busy getting ready. Last night I did all the on-line forms, printed & signed the necessary forms & did the ones in our travel docs (what a pain for left handed people!).

Now, I need to hear it from DIs because anything else won't do.

We are 6 all together, 2 adults (DH, DW), and 4 kids (all minors). Mom & Dad have valid DL's + valid passports. The kids all have valid passports.

Are these documents all we need to travel? The biggest nightmare is getting to the port and being denied boarding for a paperwork screw-up. So I post here to make sure everything is good.

I can't tell you how many times I've counted the passports to make sure all 6 were there and today one was misssing from the bunch. It got stuck betweeen some other papers in the fire safe. I'll keep counting till we pull out of the driveway.

Many will remember a few weeks back Joesmom (or something close) couldn't find one of her birth certificates and tore the house apart several times. With the amount I've paid for this trip, I don't even want 5 seconds of that kind of terror.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Correct--each person needs the Passport. Each adult needs an additional government issued photo ID.

Sounds like you're all set.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Correct--each person needs the Passport. Each adult needs an additional government issued photo ID.
An additional one? I'd never heard that. I know adults must have a photo ID to get back on the ship in ports and that some people don't like to take their passports off the ship in port, but surely the passport would serve the purpose if needed.

Is there some other reason adults would need an additional photo ID?

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Are we assuming your family all hold valid U.S. Passports? You did not mention if they are all US citizens..
Old 04-19-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Kelsie
DIS Veteran

DISboards Administrator

For US Citizens, if you have a valid Passport you won't need an additional picture ID.

All Guests claiming U.S. citizenship, including children, must present one of the following as proof of U.S. citizenship:

-Valid, unexpired U.S. passport.
-Original state issued Birth Certificate; additionally, Guests 18 years of age and older must present a photo ID issued by a Local, State or Federal Government agency.
-Original Certificate of Naturalization; additionally, Guests 18 years of age and older must present a photo ID issued by a Local, State or Federal Government agency.
-Original Certificate of Citizenship; additionally, Guests 18 years of age and older must present a photo ID issued by a Local, State or Federal Government agency.
-Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad of U.S. Citizen; additionally, Guests 18 years of age and older must present a photo ID issued by a Local, State or Federal Government agency.
Kelsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
Roveer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnC View Post
Are we assuming your family all hold valid U.S. Passports? You did not mention if they are all US citizens..
Yes, everyone in our family is holding a valid US issued passport. We all originated (mom, dad, & 4 kids) in the same hospital in NJ! Kids are going to the same schools that my wife and I went to and are now starting to have some of the same teachers we both had. Wanna talk about weird. Was at one of my kids "kid/parent" functions and the Gym teacher started in on me in front of 300 other people (do you know I had your daddy in my class many years ago kinda thing)!!! Gotta love it.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
dianachaney77
Earning My Ears

We will be on the cruise with you! I received the docs in the mail but thought it might be easier just to fill them out online and print them. I need to get with the program we leave in 5 days!!!

- Me - DH DS (7)

dianachaney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #8
Roveer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianachaney77 View Post
We will be on the cruise with you! I received the docs in the mail but thought it might be easier just to fill them out online and print them. I need to get with the program we leave in 5 days!!!
The whole process is a little confusing. The way I read it, is you can do most of it on-line, but there is 1 document you must print & sign when doing on-line, and there are what appear to be 2 places where you must fill out in the docs you received in the mail (1 being the pay authorization & the 2nd being the passenger list cards). Of course I could be wrong, but that's what I did. My in-laws are joining us, so I'm sure they'll show up at the port with their unfilled doc's and a smile so I'm sure DCL can handle just about any situation.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
Bouncing4Tigger
DIS Veteran

I am also on the same cruise!! I can not wait, it will be my first cruise
Bouncing4Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: