Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #136
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Okay, so here's the photos of all the historical toys, pics, etc located in the main tower to the right of the lobby:

These next pics were of the grounds & restaurants:

We moved on to the Koi Fish & Waterfalls:

Walked around towards the wedding pavillion area:

Then back over by the remote control Jungle Cruise Boats:

Next installment will be our evening at Goofy's Kitchen & then back to Disneyland!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #137
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Quite the drive down, you made good time considering. And yes, I agree about driving through LA at 11am We managed to come in and leave around 11 and the traffic flowed very well. Black Bear Diner rocks! We’ve been to the one in Bend several times and the one in Redding once. The only place we didn’t enjoy the food/get good service was with the one in Medford itself LOLOL

Nice mix of fun and “takin’ care of business” on that first day and great pic in front of the celebration display. And starting the second day with Peter Pan – very cool :D Glad you got to ride the Matterhorn before it closed. Great shot with the DIS Girls, looks like a fun bunch of ladies Thanks for the tip on Cafe Orleans, we’ll look into getting PRs there.

Nice view from the wheelhouse on the riverboat! And thank you for the wonderful shots of the Disneyland Hotel pool and grounds. We’re staying there for the first time this fall and you’re pictures are some of the best/most detailed I’ve seen

Looking forward to the next installment!
thank you very much, we had a full week as you'll see as you continue to read the saga we like to call our trip report!! Cafe Orleans is the bomb!! Absolutely loved it & can't believe we had missed it on our prior trips. My hubby is frantically trying to recreate the gumbo recipe!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #138
DizNee Luver

So after thoroughly enjoying our walk around the Disneyland Hotel, we met up with our older boys & went to Goofy's Kitchen for our first character meal this trip. The food is always plentiful with choices galore. We started by seeing Pluto in the photo area. We were seated close to the buffet & so we were able to see all the action. We were visited by Chef Goofy, Minnie Mouse, Chip & Dale. This is the first time we only got to see 5 characters so a tad disappointed....we've always lucked out & seen on average 7 per meal. We all had a great time even with fewer characters.

After dinner Mike & I had to jet to catch the Monorail over to Disneyland so we could check in for our Fantasmic Dessert Seating. We got up on the loading deck just in time to watch the Monorail leave. We asked if we could sit up front on the next one (I used the "we're celebrating our 25th Anniversary" a lot for perks....lol) You can have a total of 5 people (we had 6) & the kids got up there in time for us to let Anthony & Addy ride with us. We arrived in Tomorrowland & let the boys take the kiddos so Mike & I could high-tail it to NOS to check in. You are seated by when you check in. We would have started row 2 but chose to go row 3 (which is the back row), dead center of the action. Mike was able to set up his tripod & video the show by doing this. The kids made it to NOS & found a spot to watch the show & fireworks that followed. I kinda felt guilty sitting in the reserved as they fought with crowds & such. We were seated & given a choice of drink (which they kept full thru-out the show) & a dessert box of goodies. We had just finished our huge dinner that we decided to leave it closed up & take pics of it before digging in to it later. Great idea at the time, we did get the pics but never did taste any of it.....weird huh?!

The show was really good & we were so close to the action!! We had done this reserved seating in 2005 but were on the patio of the Disney Gallery that is now the "Dream Suite". That was a beautiful view. After Fantasmic, we were allowed to stay in our seats to watch the fireworks. I was surprised at how great a view that was. You don't get the castle view & miss a few low things but really beautiful & wouldn't mind watching from there again.

When the fireworks were over we were able to hook up with the kids & instead of fighting the crowds heading back to the hub, we went up into Critter Country & rode the Winnie the Pooh ride. We then checked out all the goodies at Pooh's Corner! (good time to do this is when you're full)

After drooling on their display glass we headed to the Indiana Jones ride to use up our FP's. I rode with Derek & Tyler, the Mike rode with Tyler & Anthony. Anthony really wanted to try it this trip but he was super tired & he freaked out in the queing area. Mike made him ride anyways & he liked it. We then headed to BTMRR where Mike & Derek rode it, then Tyler & I.

We headed back to the DL Hotel & poor Derek had Addy asleep on him for the entire walk. Mike ran to get car so he could take kids back to their motel. I hung out in the lobby area & waited for Mike to get back. We headed to our room & got to bed after midnight. Wake up call for tomorrow.....7am!

Tomorrow I'll get Day Three up.......Enjoy!!

Last edited by DizNee Luver; 07-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #139
goofycathy
DIS Veteran

Location: ONLY 752 miles north of the happiest place on earth!!!

I am having so much fun reading your trip report and enjoying your fantastic pictures!!!!

Me & DH DS16 DS14 DD9

goofycathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #140
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I am loving you trip report. Did you remember to wave on the way home too? I was waving at you! Your pictures are great. How nice it was to have the older boys to take the little ones so that you could have the alone time that you originally planned. Thank you so much for letting me live vicariously through your trip report.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #141
DizNee Luver

Thank you for the nice compliments on the pics. We took a ton so I have a lot to chose from!!
Yes Michele, I waved going home to!! Even Mike waved with me!!

Tomorrow's installment of Day 3 will include: Moving to the Tropicana Inn, Carnation Cafe, Addy the thrill seeker, & House of Blues!!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #142
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Ooh! I am so excited to read it. Seeing your pictures at the DLH makes me wish I was willing to pay the money to stay there. I am looking forward to hearing about the Tropicana. I have to ask was Mt. Shasta as beautiful as I remember when her the last time I saw her?
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #143
Michelle2
Disneyland will always and forever hold a special place in my heart
Travel is my obsession
poop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Thank you for the nice compliments on the pics. We took a ton so I have a lot to chose from!!
Yes Michele, I waved going home to!! Even Mike waved with me!!

Tomorrow's installment of Day 3 will include: Moving to the Tropicana Inn, Carnation Cafe, Addy the thrill seeker, & House of Blues!!
Can't wait!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #144
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Love all the pictures! Especially of food that I wasn't able to try while there. YUM!
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #145
Teki
Love the Indi hats!
My family takes odd pics like that every time we go

Love the pics so far its making me really hungry!
Teki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #146
DizNee Luver

So Day Three was our "moving" day & kinda lazy day as we were all exhausted. Mike & I were up early to pack our stuff & check out of the DL Hotel......heavy sigh. We really loved it there & found our bed to be heavenly after a long day. I checked us out as Mike loaded the car. We picked up the kids at their motel & gathered the 2 little ones belongings so they could move in with us at the Tropicana Inn. We parked over at the Mickey & Friends parking & rode the tram into DTD. We had vouchers for ToonTown's Morning Madness & headed straight thru after park opening. We rode Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin & played around with some of the "gags" around that area. We got to see about half of the opening ceremony before we had to leave for our PS at Carnation Cafe. (not good planning at all...originally our PS was for after 10, but with the addition of the 4 kids our time got changed).

We checked in for our breakfast & had to wait about 10 mins before being seated.....(guess we should have stayed a bit longer in ToonTown). Once seated, we noticed on the table a glossy flyer on the "Celebration" goodies & treats available at any of the sit down restaurants.

We ordered & when the food arrived we were quite impressed. It was very, very good. My favorite was the potatoes!! They were soooooooo good!!!

After breakfast we left Ty & Derek at the parks & rode the tram back to the parking structure. We drove to the Tropicana Inn to do our pre-check-in & get our parking tag. We went down to the Character Warehouse to see what goodies we could find there. I was disappointed in the selection this trip but still found a few things. We then drove around the residential areas behind the resort area to get a feel for the neighborhoods near the park. We are seriously considering moving to Anaheim & working at Disneyland, so we needed to take a peek. We found that a lot of the homes had the "alpine" style to them & couldn't help but think about the Matterhorn!. At this point we were ready to head back to the parks, so we dropped our car off at the Tropicana & walked back to Disneyland. **the motels on Harbor are a shorter walk then the DL Hotel is....just in case you didn't know that**

We decided to take a round-trip on the railroad to get a feel for the crowds in the park. We headed to Tomorrowland & got FP's for Buzz. We ate lunch at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Nothing fancy, just got cheeseburgers & a coke. Oh, by the way, DL has 32oz cups now & for AP holders it's just $2.99, so we shared drinks the whole trip & saved money doing that!!

We used our FP for Buzz. The ride was having major issues today & we waited in line for a while before loading. While riding, it broke down 4 times. We sat in front of Zerg for 5 mins just loading up on points! I got bored with it & just looked at stuff. The ride kinda looses it's magic when it breaks down & the experience is interupted. We then headed to BTMRR & wanted to try Addy on it. She just makes the 40" requirement, so we gave it a whirl. She sat with me as I held on to her for dear life. I was afraid she'd just fall out on the corners. She was quiet when we started up the first dark hill, but as soon as the daylight hit, she let out the biggest scream & smile!!! She had a blast on it & couldn't wait to ride it again!!! Hooray, my baby girl loves the same ride as I do!!! So we picked up a FP for later.
We headed towards Critter Country so I could exchange one of the toy cellphones we had purchased the night before. It stopped working before we had even left the park. While I did this, Mike took the 2 little ones on the Pooh ride. We went back & used our FP's on BTMRR. So much fun to see her scream & giggle all at the same time.
We met the boys in DTD at the House of Blues for dinner. We got seated immediately....it was pretty dead in there. The food was good & my son raved about the BBQ chicken pizza (which we all tasted & it was very good). I found that Cafe Orlean's food was far superior to the HOB, but it still was a very good meal.

We did a little shopping at the World of Disney & then we decided to call it an early night. The boys got in line to use the ART buses back to their motel & we headed back to the Tropicana to finish our check-in & unload the car.

We got settled & had the kids down at a decent time for bed. We have a 10am brkfst in the morning & decided to get to the park in time for that & not opening.

Tomorrow Day Four with Ariel's Grotto, DCA & "Are You 23?"

Last edited by DizNee Luver; 03-17-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #147
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I thought I'd include pics of my planning book & the smaller book I keep in my backpack in the park.

The planning book has everything in it. Itinerary, budget, packing list, restaurant menus, daily schedule, fun things to do at DL, maps, journal pages so I can note down what we did, etc. It's probably 1 1/2" thick...lol

The smaller book is a photo book that I keep pretty much the same things but in condensed form. The daily schedule so we don't miss our PS resies, a pic of my twins since they won't be with us, tips & photopass pic hints.

Like I stated earlier in this trip report....I'm an uber-planner!!!!
Those are fantastic , what a brilliant way to keep notes, info etc
I still have so much stuff to note down and find out about DL before my trip.

Cant believe i only just came across your trippie too I have so much to catch up on
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #148
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Those are fantastic , what a brilliant way to keep notes, info etc
I still have so much stuff to note down and find out about DL before my trip.

Cant believe i only just came across your trippie too I have so much to catch up on
I love having all my info organized.....explains the books!!
Welcome & it's never too late to join in on these. You get wonderful info & pics on the TR on the DIS. That's how I found out about the Cafe Orleans which is now our favorite restaurant there!!

Old 03-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #149
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First of all, thank you all for the warm welcome back!! We really had a trip to remember. So here goes.....Travel Day, Sat. March 7:
On the road & heading south at 5am. I know it's not just me that can't sleep the night before going to Disneyland, but with a 4am wake up call, I sure wish I could have been asleep before 1am. At least I wasn't the only one that looked like this......

We stopped in Redding at the Black Bear Diner for breakfast. For those that travel thru S. Oregon & N. California, I strongly recommend this restaurant. They have very good food & lots of it, good service & reasonable prices. We love it! We continued on & waved at Michelle as we passed the Fairfield exit. We stopped for lunch in Patterson.... high quality KFC/A&W combo.....can't beat the cold A&W rootbeer!! We really made great time, thanx to the lack of speed limit on I-5. We traveled 80-85 & were passed like we were parked!! We hit the L.A. area about 5pm & then the fun stopped! It took us 2 hours to get thru the L.A. traffic to Anaheim. We figured we'd be ok since it was a Saturday evening, but NOOOOOOOO Of course, everyone in the car needed to pee when we hit L.A. but there was no way we were going to pull off & try to find a restroom. We finally made it to the Motel 6 & got the kids checked in. We realized we forgot to have dinner, so Mike & Derek were going to hit the McDonald's & bring it back to the motel. I had them drop me off at the Pedestrian crossing on Harbor Blvd, so I could run into the park & upgrade my parkhopper to an annual pass. I felt really weird going in alone..... I got my pass & made my way thru DTD to the Disneyland Hotel to check-in. Mike met me there & then we went to our room in the Dreams Tower, 4th floor, corner room with a view of DTD (that was mostly blocked by trees, but nice anyways).

I had ordered the Mickey & Minnie Welcome Basket thru Vacation Planning as a surprise for Mike. He saw the basket & said... "is that one of those things if you touch it or open it, you've bought it?"... I chuckled & said "read the card & see what it says". It said Happy 25th Anniversary!

Mike & I decided to go to the park for a couple hours & walked thru DTD. We stopped off to upgrade Mike's parkhopper to an annual pass. We walked to Fantasyland, making our way thru the castle & since we were dealing with Saturday crowds only rode 2 rides. We got on the teacups & while we were spinning, Mike said "look up". Bad idea... you get very dis-oriented & a bit queasy doing that. We then rode BTMRR; which is my absolute favorite ride. We went back up Main Street & had our pic taken in front of the celebration display up by the flag pole. Yes Sherry, this is a FP location. I don't have our PhotoPass CD yet, so excuse the picture of a picture, but wanted you to get an idea of this shot.

We left & stopped by the World of Disney to pick up lanyards & FP holders for everyone which will save me that step in the morning. We got back to our room & found another surprise waiting for us...... 2 Mickey shortbread cookies & 2 cold glasses of milk. It was very good, but I had ordered the Mickey Rice Krispy Treats, but no biggie!!

By the time we wound down & crawled into bed it was 12:30am. But lucky us, it was the daylight savings time change that night, so it actually was 1:30am & with a Magic Morning at 8am, we had a wake-up call of 6am.

So there's day one of seven..... hope you enjoyed it. Will try to get day two up tomorrow!!

Sounds like a great first day apart fromt he 2 hour traffic to get through LA

Those Mickey cookies look so yummy and the basket is great. Love the photo in front of the celebration display
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Old 03-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #150
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day, i love your photos that one of your DD on the carrosel is gorgeous.
The character meal at Goofys kitchen looks great, sadly DBF won't do a character meal
Would you recommend the PS for Fantasmic for a first timer? i've been considering doing it just not sure if i think it will be worth the $59 each, are the crowds really THAT bad? i dont fancy finding somewhere to view it 2 hours or so before

Another great day, for day 3 the food pics are yummy. I look forward to breakfast at Carnation cafe.
The pizza from HOB looks good

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: