Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2011, 07:04 AM   #106
crcurton
DISser since 2001

I have the croc pic from the first page of this thread saved to my computer from 2 years ago! I loved the idea and this will be the 3rd year for me and my girls to do this! Glad to have this thread revived as well! I have some new ideas now, thanks!
POFQ : 05
SOG : 07
Poly : 99,09,11
BLT : 10
crcurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #107
ysprincess
Earning My Ears

I'm going in two weeks, and making a pedi appointment right now! These are all so CUTE!
ysprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #108
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terbethk View Post
I'm a nail tech at a spa, and I don't do the best Mickey heads, but my boss does!

I got so many compliments from people while we were down there, especially from Minnie, herself.
That is TOO CUTE !!!!!! I love this !!!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #109
mickeynminnie08
Mouseketeer

Smashed finger

Okay so I know this is supposed to be toes, but have you ever known a kid who could smash his finger in the shape of mickey?
Check out my avatar as I can't figure out how to upload a pic in a post.
mickeynminnie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #110
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Omg sooooo cute!!!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #111
lilmadgray
Earning My Ears

has anyone ever had a shellac manicure? its suppose to last about 2 weeks, but don't you have to go back to the salon for it to be removed.? any thoughts on it?
Old 05-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #112
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmadgray View Post
has anyone ever had a shellac manicure? its suppose to last about 2 weeks, but don't you have to go back to the salon for it to be removed.? any thoughts on it?
You do have to go back to salon to get it removed. I tried the shellac twice in december. 1st time it lasted 2 weeks, no chips. 2nd time.. I had them done to go to disney for our xmas trip. Within 4 days my mani started chipping.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #113
lilmadgray
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
You do have to go back to salon to get it removed. I tried the shellac twice in december. 1st time it lasted 2 weeks, no chips. 2nd time.. I had them done to go to disney for our xmas trip. Within 4 days my mani started chipping.

Oh really,that stinks! It's so expencive to begin with but then to go back and pay more money to get it removed!! And if it doesn't last well then it total wasteIwas trying to figure out what I should do since I'll be in DW for about 10 days. I don't wanna look like a little girl with chipped nails Thanks for the help Catira
Old 05-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #114
fakereadhed
The Tag Fairy has me on "ignore"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmadgray View Post
You do not have to go back for removal. Place a cotton ball saturated with acetone on each nail and wrap with tinfoil. Leave on for 10 min and it will be soft and easy to remove- usually with a swipe of acetone, but you can help it along with an orange stick.

I love shellac!!! You won't be disappointed. (I am almost certain that's Shellac in Fedora color on the hands of the nail tech with Minnie toes.)

fakereadhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #115
terbethk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakereadhed View Post
You do not have to go back for removal. Place a cotton ball saturated with acetone on each nail and wrap with tinfoil. Leave on for 10 min and it will be soft and easy to remove- usually with a swipe of acetone, but you can help it along with an orange stick.

I love shellac!!! You won't be disappointed. (I am almost certain that's Shellac in Fedora color on the hands of the nail tech with Minnie toes.)

Yup, that is the fedora color I had on in that pic.

Also, correct in the acetone removal process. I do nails at two different places where the pricing is very different- one place charges everything for shellac a la carte, so the removal does cost $10, but at the other place the removal is built in, so you don't have to pay anything additional. Whatever you do- do not peel the shellac off! It's terrible for your nails (I should know, I'm a horrible picker- hypocritical, I know).
Old 05-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #116
jpaxton1118
DIS Veteran

I just had the forever nail done. I think that is the same as the shellac. I love it. By this time I would not have any polish left. I am very rough on my nails and I was going to get fake ones put on but I really did not want to do it but I wanted nice nails. My nails are not very long but I was able to get a french done and I love it. I am so happy I did it.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #117
DisneySarah80
DIS Veteran

I'm not overly artistic, so I'm wondering.... Has anyone ever tried painting their toes, then putting a sticker on there, and then covering it up with clear polish? Would this work??
DisneySarah80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:03 AM   #118
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySarah80 View Post
I'm not overly artistic, so I'm wondering.... Has anyone ever tried painting their toes, then putting a sticker on there, and then covering it up with clear polish? Would this work??
I am not artistic when it comes to my nails, but I have a nail tech who has done my nails for years. A couple of years ago I saw some cute Tinkerbell nail decals on ebay. I ordered two sets and took them to my nail tech a few days before I left for WDW. My fingernails are always pink and white solar nails, but she painted a bright little thin stripe to make the two colors show up more, then she stuck a Tinkerbell decal on each index finger and also the finger next to the pinkies. She also did a french manicure look on my toes with the same thin sripe of bright paint to seperate the two colors and stuck a Tinkerbell decal on each big toe. She then painted a little swirly design (in silver glitter and the same highlight color she used to paint the stripe on each nail) around each Tinkerbell and then applied a clear top coat and had me bake them under the lights. They lasted for about three weeks before I had to go in anyway for a fill. They stayed really well, but it could be because we used the lights on them.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #119
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Sorry for my toes being all dry and stuff... I forgot to take a picture of them before the trip!

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

fadingjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #120
lucigo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySarah80 View Post
I bet it would work. If you go back in this thread to my post, I used gems that stuck on, and then put clear polish over the top.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: