Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #31
dbprimeaux
DIS Veteran

ready for trip...toes and all!

DD and I had our toes done yesterday!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #32
pixidust princess
Mouseketeer

anyone else had there pedi melt in the FL heat. When I got mine done for our July 2006 trip, mine melted at the MK. I will try again, as this year we are going in October. Love the mickey heads!

July 17-24, 2006-Our fabulous family trip to AKL!

October 3-10, 2009-Our fabulous family trip to All Star Sport!

pixidust princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #33
Flanelle
Earning My Ears

I love it. It does look great!
I'll try to do it myself.

Thanks for sharing!
Flanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #34
dbprimeaux
DIS Veteran

sorry the picture is so LARGE...lol!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #35
motofox4
DIS Veteran

these pictures are great. i can't wait to get my nails painted for our trip!!
Old 05-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #36
Noreen411
Mouseketeer

Question Do you think this will work?

Hi

I'll admit it - I am not the most creative person out there. I can't even put an outfit together unless it comes together or the mannequin in the store has the pieces together. If they had Geranimals for adults I'd be the first in line to buy them.

However, I love the idea of the Disney Toes. I don't get pedicures but will ask my husband to paint my toe nails for me. He has gotten much better at it over the years.

We will be on a cruise and then going to Disney World. It's not a Disney cruise so I don't plan on having the Disney Toes until I get to Disney World. I stopped at Michaels (a crafts store) and asked if they had any type of Disney hole punchers. The woman sent me to the scrapbooking area. Not being the creative type, this was my first time in this area as well as in the store. I found this thing called a Disney Border Punch on sale for $4.99 (originally $14.99) that would punch a mickey head, a star, an M, another star, and a Mickey hand along the border of a page.

Here's my idea. I'll punch some strips of paper with the different designs. Then cut out the Mickey head (or maybe try some of the others too). After my toes are painted whatever color and dry, I can put the little piece of paper with the Mickey head punched out over my toe nail. Then have my husband go over it with a different color nail polish. Remove the paper and there is a perfectly shaped Mickey head (or other design) on my toe.

I was also thinking I can get colored paper and use the hole punch and then glue the little cut out onto my toe, but I'm not sure how well that would stay with getting wet in the rain, pool, or shower. At least with the nail polish it will stay on.

I haven't tried it yet - hubby isn't home right now, but I figured my Disboards friends would understand my excitement and let me know if my idea is nuts or not.

Let me know what you think or if anyone else has tried this.

Thank you
Noreen
Noreen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #37
nancyjo1998
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreen411 View Post
Hi

I'll admit it - I am not the most creative person out there. I can't even put an outfit together unless it comes together or the mannequin in the store has the pieces together. If they had Geranimals for adults I'd be the first in line to buy them.

However, I love the idea of the Disney Toes. I don't get pedicures but will ask my husband to paint my toe nails for me. He has gotten much better at it over the years.

We will be on a cruise and then going to Disney World. It's not a Disney cruise so I don't plan on having the Disney Toes until I get to Disney World. I stopped at Michaels (a crafts store) and asked if they had any type of Disney hole punchers. The woman sent me to the scrapbooking area. Not being the creative type, this was my first time in this area as well as in the store. I found this thing called a Disney Border Punch on sale for $4.99 (originally $14.99) that would punch a mickey head, a star, an M, another star, and a Mickey hand along the border of a page.

Here's my idea. I'll punch some strips of paper with the different designs. Then cut out the Mickey head (or maybe try some of the others too). After my toes are painted whatever color and dry, I can put the little piece of paper with the Mickey head punched out over my toe nail. Then have my husband go over it with a different color nail polish. Remove the paper and there is a perfectly shaped Mickey head (or other design) on my toe.

I was also thinking I can get colored paper and use the hole punch and then glue the little cut out onto my toe, but I'm not sure how well that would stay with getting wet in the rain, pool, or shower. At least with the nail polish it will stay on.

I haven't tried it yet - hubby isn't home right now, but I figured my Disboards friends would understand my excitement and let me know if my idea is nuts or not.

Let me know what you think or if anyone else has tried this.

Thank you
Noreen

You might peel off the nail polish when trying to take the mickey head cut out off. You can try to just put the mickey head on and seal it with a clear top coat.

I bought little crystals in two different sizes and when I get my pedicure I am going to glue them in place and then cover it with a clear coat.

Wilderness Lodge - September 19-27, 2009 1st trip!!
Coronado Springs - August 1-14, 2012
Art of Animation - August 14-19, 2012
Bay Lake Towers - March 30, 2013 - April 7, 2013
nancyjo1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #38
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

You can also let the pedi dry completely and then stick on a Disney sticker and cover with many coats of clear.

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #39
brekin67
DIS Veteran

I am so happy that I have Mickey Toes now. I feel pretty!
brekin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #40
InLoveWithDOTS
Mouseketeer

We got our toes done on Friday! Pics are on my blog here!
http://disneyuniversal.blogspot.com/

Walt Disney World
July 2009 All Star Music, 7 days + 6 at Universal
Nov 2008 Regal Sun Resort, 5 days [Disney by Design trip]
Several trips in the 80's and once in 1992

DisneyLand
April 1980

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/h49ji5iywjifrf7n.png[/img]
InLoveWithDOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #41
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

When I did this for sculptured finger nails a while back, I painted my own nails in French then bought the rhinestones in the nail section. I licked (yep licked) the tip of an orange stick point, stuck it to the rhinestone and they picked up perfectly for me to then lay on my nail. Just a tip for those doing this with stones. The orange stick makes them really easy to place and then I let them set for a few minutes then painted clear over the nails. Good luck they are precious!!
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #42
DVC Mary
I must have missed the lobster

bump

Too cute!

Any more Mickey pedi photos out there??
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
DVC Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #43
MarcyIn Florida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidust princess View Post
anyone else had there pedi melt in the FL heat. When I got mine done for our July 2006 trip, mine melted at the MK. I will try again, as this year we are going in October. Love the mickey heads!

How did your pedi melt? I live here, and I've never had a pedicure melt!!! Now the beach and chlorine are another story . . . .
Our DCL Cruises: Disney Wonder, 2001; Disney Wonder, October 2002; Disney Magic (Western), the Hurricane Frances tour, Sept. 2004; Disney Magic (Eastern), February 2006; Disney Magic (Western), New Year's Eve 2007-2008; Disney Magic (Eastern, Tortola), July 2009; Disney Magic (Eastern, 8 Day Holiday Cruise), December 2011.
You can usually find us on the lazy river at Blizzard Beach.
MarcyIn Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:48 AM   #44
Miss M.K.J.
Mouseketeer

I have painted my toes red and then put hole reinforcers on my big toe and painted it black in the center. When you remove the reinforcer it makes a perfect circle for Mickeys head and then you can just paint 2 circles for the ears.Just a little idea for ya!
Miss M.K.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #45
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

OMG - what a fun idea! Thx for posting!
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: