Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #31
Malificient Tater
Mouseketeer

well I am going to read it all here till I have a chance to hear it alllllllll in person

I even came out of hiding just for you,
Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #32
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Hi Lara!

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2009, 08:57 AM   #33
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Old 03-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #34
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 04-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #35
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

You're right.. when you titled it.. this trip does go on an on my friends...hehe I hope everything is going good.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #36
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Okay, my TR has been salvaged from the depths of the lost report files and I will FINALLY be sharing all our 3,000+ photos with you!

Truly better late than never, huh?
Old 08-30-2009, 01:31 AM   #37
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Glad to see you back!

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 08-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #38
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Okay, back from the great beyond am I, and ready to pick up where I left off which was... at the beginning of course!

First thing first: I've missed you guys! Lots has been going on here, including my Dad's dialysis, my husband's final year of school, and my oldest two kids returning to public school so that I could go back to university myself! I'm a college student, again. I've gone back to get my Bachelor degree in Social Science and consequently my teaching license for secondary education. I am VERY excited about it, if not a little bit exhausted and schizophrenic (mom, daughter, wife, nurse, student, you get the idea). We're also planning on moving to California next year, which should prove to be interesting with seven people.

But this trip report is about something else entirely, isn't it! We had a fantastic time, I took over 3,000 pictures and I've even got video to share with you all.

See you in my next post for Day 1 of 10!

Old 08-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #39
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

You have been busy!!! I think I am jealous of your move to California, and I am super thrilled you are getting ready to write this trip report!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #40
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

It has been CRAZY, but I'm excited to finally get my TR in motion!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:19 AM   #41
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

I'm writing the first installment now- I should put out a warning that this thread will be very picture/video link heavy!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:36 AM   #42
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Day 1 - It's off to the resort we go!

We woke the family up early-early-early on Friday, January 30th to catch our 6:25 am flight from Nashville to Orlando, and surprisingly (or not so much) the kids were all really alert and prepared. The little girls were a bit confused, but amazingly well behaved. When we landed in Orlando just after 9 am there hadnít been one hissy fit or scream session and we anxiously searched around to find Magical Express.

Finding it wasnít easy with a couple of toddlers in need of breakfast.

Once we finally found the elevators (strollers times two!) and spotted the wonderful Magical Express signs, I navigated my way through the completely empty line while Jose and the kids took a breather and got their bearings back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xjx4wk0qQ8
Stasia was not exactly loving the cameras this trip. You'll see more of that soon...

Bless the patient man who helped me flip my way through my travel documents and find what he needed!

We were told to head toward the red carpets, so off we went searching for the lane earmarked for Port Orleans Riverside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV-O4Nwv9nY

There was only one person ahead of us; a single girl who stopped at the entrance to the lane. I thought we were supposed to go on up ahead toward the doors, but then I figured she must know something I donít so we just stood behind her trying to assess the situation.

Thatís when someone came up and asked her to move ahead to the front of the line.

After a very short wait in a very empty line, we were off to board our Magical Express bus! I couldnít wait to watch the welcome video and FINALLY see the entrance signs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i03Z9WdjhAs

Kyle (excuse the red eye, I was too lazy to remove it!) on the ME bus

Glancing past Anastasia in search of the sign!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xtBCVn6vG4

As the Luck oí the DIS would have it, POR was the first stop! There had been a light rain the whole drive, and everything looked and smelled amazing. What a great first glimpse of things to come! (There were even a few ĎMillion Dreamsí still hanging around!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTKqyc46xI4

The inside of the lobby is really quite breathtaking. The height of the ceiling alone just seems to add to the feeling of ease and relaxation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mKfczuNsUI

After a very short wait, I got all of checked in and off in search of our room. We didnít get the area Iíd hoped for, unless I wanted to move the next morning, and believe me I didnít. So we set out in search for building 38, refusing to let a little thing like room location spoil our fun.

Coming up nextÖ Pretty island!
Old 08-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #43
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Love the videos. Glad to hear that the trip was off to a smooth start!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:42 PM   #44
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for arriving in Orlando with no airplane hissy fits, and hurray for POR being the first stop on the Magical Express!!! Your trip is already off to a great start!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: