Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #151
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post

I'm surprised you guys even wanted to ride Kali...it looked cold!

I'm guessing it was cold, and that is why Snow White has "fake hands"?

You're on a roll! I'm going to have to get better at staying caught up!

Denise
It was seriously cold or cool the entire 10 days we were there, save the last day (Feb 8). That just so happens to be the day we were inundated with cheerleaders... coincidence? Me thinks not.

Snow white totally had flesh colored gloves on! I don't blame her, as it WAS freezing, but I was a little worried my kids would think she had a skin condition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I got all caught up today thanks to the links!
I'm glad they're useful, Heidi!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #152
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaurinis View Post
I love the Tinkerbell light and package you had for the room. Would you mind sharing where you ordered that stuff from? We leave in less than 2 weeks and this is a magical trip for our son for all he has overcome this past year and that would be a great topper for him.
I would love to read your plans & read your story. No Pre-TR?

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 AM   #153
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Today is my only son's fourteenth birthday, and his birthday present is to not have a fever for the first time in five days! His temp was 99.7 which, after temps of 101 and 102 sounds GORGEOUS.

Happy birthday, Kyle-o!

(That being said, I woke up with a sore throat and Stasia has a temp of 101.6... Ugh.)
Old 09-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #154
thesaurinis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
I would love to read your plans & read your story. No Pre-TR?
I have never done a trip report or pre trip one. I am conteplating doing one though. I am not a good writer so I guess thats why I have stayed away from it.

sarilas i hope your family gets feeling better real soon.

Zacharys trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post42079141
Old 09-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #155
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
I have never done a trip report or pre trip one. I am conteplating doing one though. I am not a good writer so I guess thats why I have stayed away from it.

sarilas i hope your family gets feeling better real soon.
Thank you so much; Kyle's temperature is under 100 for the first time in five days so I'm thrilled at even that much.

I hope you do choose to write a TR; I would love to read it!

I wrote my first PTR for the trip we took in January; it was our gift to our children after my mother passed away. A much needed moment of joy for everyone.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #156
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to Kyle! I am glad he is feeling better!

Take it easy -- I hope you feel better soon!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #157
thesaurinis
Mouseketeer

This trip is a much needed trip for our son who is 6. He has struggled all his life with health issues and in February he had a big surgery to help him and it set him way back and he had to learn to walk again and deal with major pain, so we thought why not encourage him to work through the pain at therapy with a trip to wherever he wanted to go. Well as you can see he chose "Mickeys House" and we are off in less than 2 weeks. He still has a hard time walking alot so the stroller will be used for the most part because he said "NO WHEELCHAIR MOM, people will look at me" He has had a hard time with people asking whats wrong, what happened, and me constantly asking do you feel ok, so I figured ok we will do the stroller.

Glad your son is feeling better. Nothing worse than having our children sick

Zacharys trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post42079141
Old 09-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #158
BigOnDis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
The camera is a Nikon D40. When we started planning our January trip I researched every DSLR camera known to man, because I wanted to take amazing pics for our first trip to the World. The D40 delivered, big time! I seriously love it.
Don't you just love the D40. I love the pictures it takes and the price was right. I got mine a couple years ago and have been pleased. I looked into upgrading before our trip this summer, but instead I bought a new lense (18mm-200mm VR).

I must admit I leave mine on Auto most of the time, but I have been experimenting more with some of the other settings.

Love all the pictures, I love a trip report with lots of pictures, it's almost like going again. And I love all the videos, I especially loved the build-up to EE. It's fun seeing Disney through the eyes of someone who has never experienced it before.

My 13 year old son has that meh attitude as well most of the time, but he loves Disney. He wants to do a Father / Son trip.

Look forward to seeing more.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #159
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Happy Birthday to Kyle! I am glad he is feeling better!

Take it easy -- I hope you feel better soon!
He says thank you! It'll be another long week, but we'll pull through.

Quote:
This trip is a much needed trip for our son who is 6. He has struggled all his life with health issues and in February he had a big surgery to help him and it set him way back and he had to learn to walk again and deal with major pain, so we thought why not encourage him to work through the pain at therapy with a trip to wherever he wanted to go. Well as you can see he chose "Mickeys House" and we are off in less than 2 weeks. He still has a hard time walking alot so the stroller will be used for the most part because he said "NO WHEELCHAIR MOM, people will look at me" He has had a hard time with people asking whats wrong, what happened, and me constantly asking do you feel ok, so I figured ok we will do the stroller.

Glad your son is feeling better. Nothing worse than having our children sick
Bless his heart; I hope he has an amazing trip. I know he will- he already sounds like he's in the right frame of mind. PLEASE consider a trip report; yours is one I would love love love to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnDis View Post
Don't you just love the D40. I love the pictures it takes and the price was right. I got mine a couple years ago and have been pleased. I looked into upgrading before our trip this summer, but instead I bought a new lense (18mm-200mm VR).

I must admit I leave mine on Auto most of the time, but I have been experimenting more with some of the other settings.

Love all the pictures, I love a trip report with lots of pictures, it's almost like going again. And I love all the videos, I especially loved the build-up to EE. It's fun seeing Disney through the eyes of someone who has never experienced it before.

My 13 year old son has that meh attitude as well most of the time, but he loves Disney. He wants to do a Father / Son trip.

Look forward to seeing more.
I leave mine on the shutter setting most of the time; I want that quick shutter speed more than just about anything else. With four kids its all about action shots. lol
Old 09-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #160
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Just found your report... Now that I'm all caught up, I'm moving on to the pre-trip report now!!! So sorry Kyle is so sick, hope he feels better soon!!! Love the silohettes too!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #161
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE!!!!!

Yeah for the fever starting to break! Sending some pixie dust Kyle's way.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #162
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Just found your report... Now that I'm all caught up, I'm moving on to the pre-trip report now!!! So sorry Kyle is so sick, hope he feels better soon!!! Love the silohettes too!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE!!!!!

Yeah for the fever starting to break! Sending some pixie dust Kyle's way.
Thanks, Traci! Kyle has a lingering sore throat but hopefully that's it... Fingers crossed!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #163
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Is that you, Fairy Godmother?

(Caveat: I'm fighting off a wicked bad head cold today, so forgive me if my post is less than stellar. It's not you, it's me...)

As Mickey and the gang were conquering over the villains on stage, we decided we'd take advantage of everyone else standing around the castle and start exploring the park.

We were headed off for Liberty Square...

When I realized there was a pathway around the side of the castle and there was a crowd of people headed that direction.

I *had* to know where they were going!

Oooh, pretty!

Wait, who is that I see?

Fairy Godmother, is that you?!

Lexi LOVED her, but was pretty freaked out that she was actually HERE!

Tatiana was thrilled to add her signature to the collection.

Stasia was having none of it!

But the Fairy Godmother didn't mind. She knew it wasn't personal.

Coming up next... Will she sit in it?!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #164
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I have never seen Fairy Godmother when we've been there. I hope we get to see her this time!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 09-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #165
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I have never seen Fairy Godmother when we've been there. I hope we get to see her this time!

Denise
It was really surprising; she said that Lady Tremaine and the Evil Stepsisters were going to be out later in the day, too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: